Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

OK I couldn't nap anymore and had to play with it. All three modes look great. I had a hell of a time getting the hips to swing down. Im not sure why but they suddenly did it. I did somehow ding one of the points on the kneecap. Battroids a beast!

Got my VF-17S today and it looks great haven't transformed it yet I have yet to decal it yet as I am attempting to replace the faucet in the bathroom after that I am going to my special trimming of the kite logos. But since Yamato did it again by not putting in a decal placing page in the manual I'm hoping that someone might have one for the VF-17 like they did for the 19, hint, hint.

VF-17DecalSheet.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce2.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce3.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce4.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce5.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce6.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce8.jpg

VF-17SDiamondForce9.jpg

This slot here is most likely where the fastpacks are goingVF-17SDiamondForce10.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Got my VF-17S today and it looks great haven't transformed it yet I have yet to decal it yet as I am attempting to replace the faucet in the bathroom after that I am going to my special trimming of the kite logos. But since Yamato did it again by not putting in a decal placing page in the manual I'm hoping that someone might have one for the VF-17 like they did for the 19, hint, hint.

The only stickers you really need are 2 x UN Spacy Kites for the left and right sides of the chestplate hump and 1 x 'double triangle' Diamond Force logo for the left side of the chestplate.

For the other stickers, just put them wherever you feel looks good.

Personally, I feel the two sizes of UN Spacy Kite stickers supplied with the VF-17S are too big and too small. On my VF-17S, I've started using the UN Spacy Kite stickers from the v.2 VF-1 toys which I have loads of spares, as they never got used with the VF-1 toys.

You can see from the attached pic, where I chose to place some of the stickers on my VF-17S.

Graham

post-11-0-97747600-1326160520_thumb.jpg

Hornet, where is the bottle of lotion that we've all been accustomed to seeing? Great score on the Vf-17S. I'm in the same boat, I've had the toy for about a week, but I've recently gotten back to working on my car, and haven't had much time to play with Gamlin. I did apply some stickers. Trim them down as much as possible, they look much better that way. Takes 4X as long to detail, but so worth it.

Yeah, the UN Spacy stickers are too large. I wanted to place them on the forearms, but the other stickers got in the way. I went with the white unspacy stickers. White stickers on a black matte finish is pure awesomeness.

post-354-0-88163400-1326160739_thumb.jpg

post-354-0-77289600-1326160759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golden Arms

A quick tip in case you ruin the Diamond Force 'Double Triangle' emblem while trying to trim it, as I did twice..........doh! :(

The Gamlin, Max and MIllia VF-22S sticker sheets also have this sticker on, so if you have any VF-22S toys, you will have a back up of this sticker (assuming you haven't used it already).

Graham

The only stickers you really need are 2 x UN Spacy Kites for the left and right sides of the chestplate hump and 1 x 'double triangle' Diamond Force logo for the left side of the chestplate.

For the other stickers, just put them wherever you feel looks good.

Personally, I feel the two sizes of UN Spacy Kite stickers supplied with the VF-17S are too big and too small. On my VF-17S, I've started using the UN Spacy Kite stickers from the v.2 VF-1 toys which I have loads of spares, as they never got used with the VF-1 toys.

You can see from the attached pic, where I chose to place some of the stickers on my VF-17S.

Graham

Hornet, where is the bottle of lotion that we've all been accustomed to seeing? Great score on the Vf-17S. I'm in the same boat, I've had the toy for about a week, but I've recently gotten back to working on my car, and haven't had much time to play with Gamlin. I did apply some stickers. Trim them down as much as possible, they look much better that way. Takes 4X as long to detail, but so worth it.

Yeah, the UN Spacy stickers are too large. I wanted to place them on the forearms, but the other stickers got in the way. I went with the white unspacy stickers. White stickers on a black matte finish is pure awesomeness.

Wow thanks Graham I thak that under advisment, still fooling around on the web uplading more pics ont my Photobucket account. Golden Arms you crack me up. :lol: Here are some babes in the background of my 17 Yoko not the only sporting some big guns.

VF-17SDiamondForce24.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

So, what mode is your favorite so far? Personally I like it the most in battroid mode. I only had it in Gerwalk for a few minutes before I put it into battroid mode, but was not super impressed by it in that mode.

For me I would rate battroid mode #1 then Fighter mode #2 and last is gerwalk mode.

How does everyone open up the cockpit?

I'm having the hardest time with the very little clearance when you pull upward.

Gamlin's seat actually got loose and came off.

How does everyone open up the cockpit?

I'm having the hardest time with the very little clearance when you pull upward.

Gamlin's seat actually got loose and came off.

Ya gots to grow some fingernails!

No short fingernails need apply!

I use the fingernails of my left and right index finger, under the left and right sides of the canopy to gently and gradually raise/wiggle/prise the canopy straight up until it's far enough up that it can be hinged upwards.

Graham

Has this been posted before?

Think so.

Got my VF-17S, open up the box, one cannon was found rattling around inside the shoulder, the second cannon slid off in gerwalk mode! And yet it's now my favorite valk even though I get scared just turning the tight upper leg joints. Now to glue on the cannons before they get lost!!

(null)

post-687-2095072_thumb.jpg

Got my VF-17S, open up the box, one cannon was found rattling around inside the shoulder, the second cannon slid off in gerwalk mode! And yet it's now my favorite valk even though I get scared just turning the tight upper leg joints. Now to glue on the cannons before they get lost!!

(null)

My cannons are loose just like this too. Not bad for $300 huh?

Not losing the one cannon that fell on the carpet, after crawling around for a couple minutes trying to find it, priceless!

In all honesty, I am impressed to see the diecast piece that the cannon connects to! I still think its worth every penny!

Now step it up Yamato, where is my VF-4 preorder??!

(null)

It's one of those things, when you're spending several hundred dollars on a toy every little thing helps. Something as simple as those cannons falling off seems pretty sloppy. Though it sounds like it's only happened to two of us so far.

That’s very unlucky. After experiencing all sorts of possible problems with your very expensive toys and tirelessly pointing them out then you move onto the next very expensive purchase just to experience a whole new range of problems and start the complaining process all over again…

Yikes Mommar, you are in dangerous waters friend, I learned people on this site apparently take the 17 VERY seriously, how dare you make a minor complaint about a toy that everyone apparently has to love to death no matter what, all hail Yamato!

No, it's the cannons next to the cockpit/in the chest. Put a dab of glue and they stick just fine. It's just an oddity they come off. I'm sure they're all held on by friction and a few of us are unlucky enough the plastic pieces are a little bit too large. It's a minor gripe detail, but surprising given the attention to all of the other engineering on these things.

Yikes Mommar, you are in dangerous waters friend, I learned people on this site apparently take the 17 VERY seriously, how dare you make a minor complaint about a toy that everyone apparently has to love to death no matter what, all hail Yamato!

hi strawman

how's the field today

see any crows :3

I'm gonna double post like a bandit just to say that I don't begrudge anyone who has issues with the final product, but I don't see the point of griping about minor things whilst quoting said product's eventual price to us dirty gaijins.

To be perfect honest, I've had to replace many more laptops within the same time period than any number of Valkyrie toys. In each case the issue with each was so expensive that for the first laptop failure I wished I'd just put the money towards a new one. In fact issues with Valkyries are far cheaper to correct than issues with almost any computer I've ever owned. They even seem to have better warranties and return policies :3

Maybe I'm just unlucky with electronics, but I don't feel the need to invade Toshiba's website to gripe about the utter failure of the Satellite line. Or at least the one I bought and the hundreds more I read about :x

So I thought it was money well spent. Although my video evidence is heavily biased of course.

I'm gonna double post like a bandit just to say that I don't begrudge anyone who has issues with the final product, but I don't see the point of griping about minor things whilst quoting said product's eventual price to us dirty gaijins.

To be perfect honest, I've had to replace many more laptops within the same time period than any number of Valkyrie toys. In each case the issue with each was so expensive that for the first laptop failure I wished I'd just put the money towards a new one. In fact issues with Valkyries are far cheaper to correct than issues with almost any computer I've ever owned. They even seem to have better warranties and return policies :3

Maybe I'm just unlucky with electronics, but I don't feel the need to invade Toshiba's website to gripe about the utter failure of the Satellite line. Or at least the one I bought and the hundreds more I read about :x

So I thought it was money well spent. Although my video evidence is heavily biased of course.

meh. at the same time you're making a major issue of a minor post. They guy just spent a lot of money, regardless of what it's on. Let him release a bit of frustration. Just because he doesn't love it as much as you do doesn't mean you have to begrudge him and belittle his opinion. If he kept harping on about it then I'd say have at it.

Oh wow, someone talks about a straw man, then says they don't go to manufactcurers websites to complain about defective merchandise so people shouldn't go to a macross forum to complain about toys they think could be better for the price. That was a neat read.

I've seen enough. I love the look of this thing. At first I was all "Ugh." But now after many months, it has grown on me, and I've gone ahead and ordered one for myself. Now to save up for the 4.