Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Officially it's because the VF-0 and Sv-51 both use conventional jet engines which are larger than the VF-1's magic fusion engines.

Valkyries are pretty all over the place in terms of size. Just like real fighter jets.

But didn't SDF-M always emphasize the reason the VF-1 was as tall as it was, only to combat aliens of the same size, more or less?

It just makes sense to keep the VF-1 the size of the VF-0 rather than shrink it to accomodate smaller engines.

Seriously? Not a single tampo printed marking on a toy that expensive? Sorry, but that is just not ok.

I'm sorry the toy can't hear you over the sound of how uh-maze-ing it is.

post-1819-0-88731900-1325888310_thumb.jpg

Stealth bros fo' life

But didn't SDF-M always emphasize the reason the VF-1 was as tall as it was, only to combat aliens of the same size, more or less?

It just makes sense to keep the VF-1 the size of the VF-0 rather than shrink it to accomodate smaller engines.

the justification for them was a pretty basic line about having Battroids to fight giants. There was nothing specific about how big.

Valkyries and the VF-1 especially are supposed to be bigger than most Zentradi anyways. It's just Britai (and other random guys) who are bigger.

you know what was so radical

seeing DD's Sv-51 invade the Asuka II because it was a giant

awesome

Edited by VF5SS

I think, at least in terms of Macross Universe, the fusion reactors used for the engines were smaller, and thus allowed the UN Spacy to make smaller and more compact jets, which if you think about it, will not only be *more* maneuverable, but a lot cheaper as well for mass production.

In terms of real life though, the translation from VF-0 to VF-1 honestly doesn't make sense, and everyone knows it. It SDFM, 3 levers were used for transformation, where as in M0, a flight stick is simple swiveled up or down (like in MF). The sensors and HUD systems in the VF-0 are ages beyond the tech in SDFM, and even the designs look well developed from the VF-1, and not the other way around.

Just kind of have to deal with it I guess....

*neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd*

Well that's what happens when you make an anime in 1982 about the state of technology in 2009 and then go back and make an anime in 2002 about the state of technology in 2008 based on what you did in 1982.

Three levers are lame. Everyone knows it which is why the everything uses the DYRL style flip throttle now and forever.

because it is awesome

Also the VF-0 had a regular glass HUD which the proper VF-1 (DYRL fo' life) did not have. And it was the only Valkyrie to have an on screen vulnerability of having to be refueled at inopportune times.

Plus the HUD just let it target and shoot missiles which all the Valkyries did anyways.

continuity maintained

Edited by VF5SS

I think, at least in terms of Macross Universe, the fusion reactors used for the engines were smaller, and thus allowed the UN Spacy to make smaller and more compact jets, which if you think about it, will not only be *more* maneuverable, but a lot cheaper as well for mass production.

In terms of real life though, the translation from VF-0 to VF-1 honestly doesn't make sense, and everyone knows it. It SDFM, 3 levers were used for transformation, where as in M0, a flight stick is simple swiveled up or down (like in MF). The sensors and HUD systems in the VF-0 are ages beyond the tech in SDFM, and even the designs look well developed from the VF-1, and not the other way around.

well, there could be a lot in continuity explanations for a lot of that.. kinda like with concept vs production cars. We've seen concept cars with digital windshields that have IR night vision displays integrated in, drive-by-wire steering, all sorts of neat stuff. And then the production model comes out and it has the same old same old inside. Or some company will show up at a trade show with some super high tech gizmo that everyone drools over but they won't be able to mass produce it for another 5 years.

The vf-0 was supposed to be a test bed... so it's perfectly reasonable to just go with that and say that while stuff like wrap around displays were possible, they just weren't affordable for the mass produced vf-1.

Well the VF-0 was designed after the VF-X series started production, and used as a test bed for more advanced technologies so it does make some sense that it would have features that wouldn't be implemented until later VFs.

Edit: Just realized this has all been said already. That's what happens when you don't finish reading the thread before replying lol.

Edited by Raptor One

they went way too far with how advanced the VF-0 was, but also with the SV-51, as well. They should have kept it a "period" piece and maybe had the sort of technology we'd see in the ATF (YF-23/YF-22) not the near Macross Plus level technology. My biggest nitpick was always the VF-19 crystal-style FLIR sensors. If they were going to do a Macross reboot, I imagined we'd be all VF-0, though.

Graham.

Do you know if Yamato has plans to include fold booster struts with the Fast Pack?

Can we possibly get a Sivil figure with that?

What happened to that Mylene figure that was supposed to come with Speaker Pod Gamma? How's that progressing along?

Geez had to make my way down to the reply menu, just to say I got great news. Fed Ex is going to deliver my VF-17S tomorrow cause it has just arrived in the Newark, NJ sort facillity and not Memphis Like my 19 did. So it's going to arrive on time.

Graham.

Do you know if Yamato has plans to include fold booster struts with the Fast Pack?

Can we possibly get a Sivil figure with that?

What happened to that Mylene figure that was supposed to come with Speaker Pod Gamma? How's that progressing along?

HUH???? :huh: :huh: Come again, Speaker pod Gamma?

Geez had to make my way down to the reply menu, just to say I got great news. Fed Ex is going to deliver my VF-17S tomorrow cause it has just arrived in the Newark, NJ sort facillity and not Memphis Like my 19 did. So it's going to arrive on time.

HUH???? :huh: :huh: Come again, Speaker pod Gamma?

Did I stutter? :mellow:

post-31-0-07766700-1326072739_thumb.jpg