Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I finally got mine last night. Didn't even have time to fully transform it yet. It's sitting on my dresser in Gerwalk right now. Something I did notice is that the head is not centered/aligned correct. I haven't transformed it to Battroid to see if it's easy to manipulate but from Fighter/Gerwalk it was pretty much impossible to straighten back out. From most angles you can't eve see it, but from top-down (the very first view I got of it in the packaging) it was really noticeable.

Hey Mommar, considering our hate of the VF-19 ankles, and how we were screwed over by Gerwalk, I'd like to get your opinion on the Vf-17 ankles, as well as stability in Gerwalk?

I'd really hate to have another Vf-19 incident over again...

Hey Mommar, considering our hate of the VF-19 ankles, and how we were screwed over by Gerwalk, I'd like to get your opinion on the Vf-17 ankles, as well as stability in Gerwalk?

So far they've been decent. The fact this Gerwalk has a back half that sticks out so far helps keep some of the weight off of the toes (though it will, as all of the Gerwalks do, tilt towards the forward toes.) So far it's been pretty stable and can dig its nose right into the Earth without tipping. I was going to test out some more dramatic/severe poses to see how it handles it tonight. Will let you know. So far I'm still not super happy that I can't really bend the feet back, or forward, as much though.

The Ankles on this thing are a hell of a lot tighter then my 19S as well.

Edited by Mommar

ankles are solid and the gerwalk joint has a deeper bend than the vf-19. gerwalk fans should be happy

wow, was never a huge fan of the vf-17 until i saw this thread and teh collectiondx pics. $291+shipping from japan may be a bit much for something i haven't wanted for YEARS (i'm not a mac 7 fan). decisions decisions. this thing does look awsome though. curse the yen thats been on steroids though.

I finally got mine last night. Didn't even have time to fully transform it yet. It's sitting on my dresser in Gerwalk right now. Something I did notice is that the head is not centered/aligned correct. I haven't transformed it to Battroid to see if it's easy to manipulate but from Fighter/Gerwalk it was pretty much impossible to straighten back out. From most angles you can't eve see it, but from top-down (the very first view I got of it in the packaging) it was really noticeable.

the base of the neck is on a swivel so that the head will sit further back. If it looks off center it's probably because it's somewhere in between the position it's supposed to be for fighter and battroid

Except for the built-in "aim here" yellow stripes. ;)

(null)

They are the stripes of doom, if you see those you are dead. Kind of like Batman's Yellow center mass target symbol, lol by the time most see it they are all ready doomed by intensive beat down.

So far Gerwalk has been fine for me. Pretty poseable. Still not quite as dynamic because the ankles have less play (and I'm also not willing to push them forward or back too far. You can get a pretty deep stance with the nose pointed forward without it tipping.

I guess I must really like this thing, as I now have 4.

Am I crazy? Yes!.............LOL.

Graham

Just adjust the neck swivel base to the correct position when in battroid mode. It's impossible to move it in fighter or gerwalk modes.

Graham

I guess I must really like this thing, as I now have 4.

Am I crazy? Yes!.............LOL.

Graham

Apparently showing the valkyrie in each mode is not enough, every room you walk around in your house gotta have one....lol

Thanks for the update Mommar. Feeling more confident about picking one up now. If G System's new stuff doesn't take away my monies first, I'll be sure to pick one of these up (unless hints of what the -17D head mold look like start to show up ;) )

I finally transformed this thing into Battroid. Kinda interesting. It's definetely the most menacing looking of all the Valks. This is one tough looking son of a bitch. A few oddities. The Neck swivel was TIGHT. I had such a hard time moving the head into the correct position. I seem to be having a hard time keeping the two l-shaped joints at the hips to stay in. They keep popping out of their locked position. Also the right arm is super loose at the elbow. I took a screw driver and tried to adjust the screws there but neither in or out worked well. The two pieces of the gun don't seem to fit together too well either.

Thanks for the update Mommar. Feeling more confident about picking one up now. If G System's new stuff doesn't take away my monies first, I'll be sure to pick one of these up (unless hints of what the -17D head mold look like start to show up ;) )

As much of a Gerwalk fan as I am having a pair of D's flanking this S in Battroid would look totally awesome. I gotta see if I can save and spring for two D's instead of just the one I had originally planned.

I finally transformed this thing into Battroid. Kinda interesting. It's definetely the most menacing looking of all the Valks. This is one tough looking son of a bitch. A few oddities. The Neck swivel was TIGHT. I had such a hard time moving the head into the correct position. I seem to be having a hard time keeping the two l-shaped joints at the hips to stay in. They keep popping out of their locked position. Also the right arm is super loose at the elbow. I took a screw driver and tried to adjust the screws there but neither in or out worked well. The two pieces of the gun don't seem to fit together too well either.

Same on my first one. The neck base is super tight. I have to use my little finger or a piece of hard plastic to push it around while in battroid mode.

My right elbow is also lose, but this is not such an issue, as I usually have it holding the gunpod in two handed poses anyway.

I find the metal hip bars do want to slide out when I'm changing pose, but not while it's not being handled.

Graham

Here are a few pictures I took of the VF-17S

IMG_6235.JPG

Looks like he's trying to say mind if I scratch my nose

Awesome pics alchemo.

Nice to see the Mighty Block can support the weight of the VF-17. That wasn't as easy to do with the VF-19.

May have been hard for you, but I managed to pull it off by tightening the screw in the pivot joint

post-1819-0-52374600-1325720159_thumb.jpg

The legacy of Diamond Force

Wow, what a size difference. The 17 looks like a 1/100 compared to a 1/60. Transformed this toy about 8 times so far, and still solid, no scratches, dings, etc. It's still brand spankin' new.

As far as the mighty blocks I picked up 2 a few months ago for the 19 and 17. But they do not come with the arms to hold anything up.. just posts. Do you get the arms separate? Im kinda pissed I didn't pay for the 17 right away as Ill prob have to wait till the end of next week to get it now from HLJ.

As far as the mighty blocks I picked up 2 a few months ago for the 19 and 17. But they do not come with the arms to hold anything up.. just posts. Do you get the arms separate? Im kinda pissed I didn't pay for the 17 right away as Ill prob have to wait till the end of next week to get it now from HLJ.

skull_leader001 asked for the Mighty Block #1, the ones you bought are the #2. One of their colour versions is still available at Yamato’s site:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1322

The sculpt looks EXCELLENT. The articulation is very impressive too. I have decided to wait for the VF-17D which I suspect will be even sexier.

PIC REQUEST: Nightmare next to 1/48 VF-1(any).

I haven't that one but I can offer you this one:

RIMG4994.JPG

Source: The really nice gamu-toys' review:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/vf17sd/vf17sd01.html

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/yamato/vf17sd/vf17sd02.html