Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

the wait has been long for the fans of the vf-17

the toy is kind of badass............ I start to understand the love for this mecha :p

But I would like to say that the resin proto did had gaps and the final toys have them too :p

really strange from yamato with this fresh design :huh:

the wait has been long for the fans of the vf-17

the toy is kind of badass............ I start to understand the love for this mecha :p

But I would like to say that the resin proto did had gaps and the final toys have them too :p

really strange from yamato with this fresh design :huh:

What gaps are you referring to?

I just transformed mine for the first time tonight. I really like this toy alot, but I can see what graham was saying about the pointy parts playing a little to close with one another. I also wish there would have been a way to slide the back pack closer to the back. All in all though it seems to be a great toy. The only nit picks I had with my sample are: When one of gamlins feet were assembled, a piece of clear plastic was wedged between the base and the top part of the foot. It was a piece of plastic like from a blister pack or something, fortunately I was able to pull it from between the the parts with my teeth and it came out. The other was that one of the small screw covers for the leg(tiny square bit if looking at the leg in fighter mode) was completely loose in the box. Glad I did not lose it(whew). I wonder how my foot passed qc though, as it was sharp and poked me.

Awesome pics and review, I cant wait until mine arrives! Just out of curiosity, does the VF-17 appear to be able to mount a fold booster, or is that likely to be something the armor parts would include?

(null)

Well, from the kibble that came in the box I would have to say no for now. Maybe they will make some weird parts and add them to the super parts kit ,and include the beam adapter too if we are lucky :)

Took off the large untrimmed kite stickers from the chest and used some from a 1/60 v2 VF-1 that I trimmed off the clear edges. Looks much better now. Will post pics later.

Upgrading my score for this toy to 8/10 after more time with it.

Graham

Took off the large untrimmed kite stickers from the chest and used some from a 1/60 v2 VF-1 that I trimmed off the clear edges. Looks much better now. Will post pics later.

Graham

For comparison purposes, what's the score for the VF-19Kai?

Great review as usual.

Graham

It does look a LOT better with the trimmed stickers

...It does look a LOT better with the trimmed stickers

Can anyone tell me what tool I should use to trim the stickers? I plan on stickering the vf-17 up when I get it, so I want to make sure I have the right tools to do it right. Thanks!!!

Must say this Valk is awesome. I jumped on the preorder with this one but I wasn't hanging out for it like some of the other members here. Now that I have it, I have a new respect for VF-17. Fighter mode is ok, but I think battroid looks so imposing definitely it's best mode.

Still waiting for HLJ to finish processing mine to ship, but it's beacause of the New Year happening, it will most likely be ready to ship by Thursday. Which means it will most likely arrive at my job on the day I have to go to my second job afterwards, not giving me enough time to enjoy it. :angry:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet