Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Gamlin pilots a 17D again in episode 46(?) when he is possessed by Gavil and goes on a rampage through the fleet.

t Galin returns to the D at the very end of the seires, all the way through the final battle.

Actually, to be more accurate, Galin returns to the D at the very end of the seires, all the way through the final battle.

The big gunpod really stands out. You can tell its a heavy weapons robot. Really intimidating compared to the tiny one the 1/60 yf-19 has.

VF-17 is a gorilla holding a big rape cannon. heh

YF-19 (at its size compared to vf-19) uses a sub-machinegun. :p

Now that this is coming out do you think bandai will attempt a vf-171 by looking at sales of this?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Got mine and haven't transformed it. The box is smaller but the valk is heavier than expected.

The finishing is kind of matt and I like it. Let me take some pics tonight...

< < Some to be destructed information from we-do-not-speak-his-name > >

Wow! How I am looking forward to what other good stuffs are coming up!!!!

Edited by ff95gj

I've mentioned it several times already in this thread, but I can't stress it enough.

Be extremely slow and careful when transforming from battroid mode back to fighter mode so that you don't damage the sharp, thin and pointy tip or the leading edges of the underarm/LERX when rotating the hips/Intakes from Battroid mode position back to fighter mode position.

It's a really tight fit getting the hips past the underarm/LERX without them touching each other, but it can be done with some very slow and careful wiggling, otherwise you will ding up/dent the tip and leading edge of the underarm/LERX.

Transforming from fighter mode to Gerwalk or Battroid is relatively quick and easy, but getting back into fighter mode again from Battroid mode requires extreme care. Nothing will break, but if you are not careful, I guarantee you will blunt the tip of the underarm/LERX and ding up the leading edges.

And yes, another reminder, this toy has multiple thin sharp points. There is a whole page of the manual devoted to pointing them out and (I guess) telling you to be careful. I guarantee that you will stab yourselves multiple times while transforming it! I stabbed myself in a pre-existing open cut on my index finger, which was not fun...............LOL!

This toy does have something of a learning curve and many quirks and I've spent the last several days since Christmas day learning to master it. I'm still not there yet, but I'm getting there.

And yes I love it and I'm now the proud owner of 3, even though I think the VF-19Kai/S is a better engineeed/designed toy, but then I love the VF-17 as you all know.

Graham

Processed Through Sort Facility, December 29, 2011, 3:17 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Hurry up Customs! I want my Gamlin San!

Graham, thanks for tiding me over until my shipment arrives with all your pictures :D

Edited by Loop

I've mentioned it several times already in this thread, but I can't stress it enough.

Be extremely slow and careful when transforming from battroid mode back to fighter mode so that you don't damage the sharp, thin and pointy tip or the leading edges of the underarm/LERX when rotating the hips/Intakes from Battroid mode position back to fighter mode position.

It's a really tight fit getting the hips past the underarm/LERX without them touching each other, but it can be done with some very slow and careful wiggling, otherwise you will ding up/dent the tip and leading edge of the underarm/LERX.

Transforming from fighter mode to Gerwalk or Battroid is relatively quick and easy, but getting back into fighter mode again from Battroid mode requires extreme care. Nothing will break, but if you are not careful, I guarantee you will blunt the tip of the underarm/LERX and ding up the leading edges.

And yes, another reminder, this toy has multiple thin sharp points. There is a whole page of the manual devoted to pointing them out and (I guess) telling you to be careful. I guarantee that you will stab yourselves multiple times while transforming it! I stabbed myself in a pre-existing open cut on my index finger, which was not fun...............LOL!

This toy does have something of a learning curve and many quirks and I've spent the last several days since Christmas day learning to master it. I'm still not there yet, but I'm getting there.

And yes I love it and I'm now the proud owner of 3, even though I think the VF-19Kai/S is a better engineeed/designed toy, but then I love the VF-17 as you all know.

Graham

Is it a higher learning curve than the YF-21/VF-22S?

Is it a higher learning curve than the YF-21/VF-22S?

I'd say definitely much easier than the YF-21/VF-22.

Actually, it's pretty easy to transform, it's just getting the hips passed the underarm/LERX when transforming from battroid to fighter which is tricky and requires patience. The rest is actually pretty easy.

Graham

Well, the stabbing issue can't be worse than Zalman's heatsinks for PCs. If you're not careful in holding them, you'll wind up with multiple slashes in your fingers (I've done it several times). However, I do find that a blood sacrifice does do wonders at making the PC work. Perhaps it may apply to Yamato in some way?

In any case, my VF-17 has shipped, and I should get it in the new year... sometime.

Hmm, my 17 has shipped the exact same day my 19 did (same day of the week) and it's in the process of shipping from Anchorage at approximately the same time and same day of the week the 19 did as well. If everything holds out it should be here in Abq. by tomorrow afternoon just like the 19.

Edited by Mommar

I'd say definitely much easier than the YF-21/VF-22.

Actually, it's pretty easy to transform, it's just getting the hips passed the underarm/LERX when transforming from battroid to fighter which is tricky and requires patience. The rest is actually pretty easy.

Graham

Sounds great to me then. Fighter to battroid for the 21/22S is easy, tucking the legs into fighter when going from battroid to fighter is the snag for me.

Nightmare is appealing but I think the D model will look best. That blue and that head sculpt.

I said when bandai did the yf29 that we'd see a 171, i still believe this to be true.

I believe it, best time to release it(Macross 30th and while Frontier is still popular), plus Bandai can catch onto the exposure that Yamato's 17 is getting.

I said when bandai did the yf29 that we'd see a 171, i still believe this to be true.

I believe it, best time to release it(Macross 30th and while Frontier is still popular), plus Bandai can catch onto the exposure that Yamato's 17 is getting.

maybe Bandai will just re-color their old chunky-17 into light-greenish tint to be their "171" and call it a day. :D

Hmm, my 17 has shipped the exact same day my 19 did (same day of the week) and it's in the process of shipping from Anchorage at approximately the same time and same day of the week the 19 did as well. If everything holds out it should be here in Abq. by tomorrow afternoon just like the 19.

The VF-19 has higher thrust engines, so should get there sooner : P

Graham

Dunno? Probably, but why would you want to?

Graham

Just a dumb question. Took my Bandai out the other day and when transforming it I left that undone and said "hehe, now the front looks like a Vf-1".

Is the bottom of the three part canopy/seat/cockpit grouping supposed to be glued down tight to the inside of the cockpit? Because mine came loose the first time i opened the canopy to insert Gamlin, and Gamlin now performs an impromptu ejection everytime I try to lift the canopy. :(

I mean to leave him in the cockpit anyway, but it's still an annoyance, like the VF-22's detaching legs.

Is it safe to superglue the cockpit grouping down on the bottom and back, or am I missing something on how it's supposed to be attached?

Edited by hulagu

Just a dumb question. Took my Bandai out the other day and when transforming it I left that undone and said "hehe, now the front looks like a Vf-1".

i used to do that all the time with my 1/65 VF-17D...

Anything I order over €80 is always opened and inspected at customs (central Europe), with a hefty fee slammed on it. Plus customs always take their sweet time, and it may take over a week for them to release the package... I'll be lucky if my VF-17 arrives by next Friday.

Anyone else in the EU have the same happen to them?