Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Hey Graham, how does this thing feel in Battroid in terms of durability versus the 19S? (My ankle issues aside) I thought the 19 felt so solid it was as if it were manufactured to be Battroid only (really, all of the modes felt like the toy was designed to only be in that configuration.) Does the 17 also feel this sturdy?

Does anyone know if HLJ is the better deal with its FedEx discount or is Amiami? All these pictures are making me pull the trigger on buying it instead of waiting for the eventual discounts months after. Not happy about the lack of tampo either -_-

Amiami has been known to be quite expensive with their shipping. While I love their preorder prices, I think they pad that with some of the shipping they charge. Just my guess, but that's what I think. As for HLJ and Fedex, that's what I use. It's always 3 or 4 days time, and the pricing is accurate for shipping and in smaller boxes, which keeps the cost down.

Amiami has been known to be quite expensive with their shipping. While I love their preorder prices, I think they pad that with some of the shipping they charge. Just my guess, but that's what I think. As for HLJ and Fedex, that's what I use. It's always 3 or 4 days time, and the pricing is accurate for shipping and in smaller boxes, which keeps the cost down.

Thanks Jasonc!

Episode count would probably be pretty close. He has the 17D until at least Deathmatch at Planet Lux (after Kinryu gets jacked up by Sivil, Milia was flying Kinryu's VF-17S). I'd guess the earliest he could have been put in charge of Diamond Force assigned to City 7 with Dick and Mory was Ep 27 or 28? No wait, he tells them to cover Kinryu in the VF-11C, so it was at least an episode or two before that.

Edited by Uxi

Let's just say I like this enough that I'm buying 2 more :)

What's the going rate in Hong Kong? Looks like the best price I'm seeing on evilbay is about $280 shipped.

crosszgundam on evilbay. Seems to have a decent rep. Says 2 available. Anyone have experience with him? Ah delivery estimate says Jan 18-31. Thats' a long time. Worth the discount? $284.98 shipped to US. Am I supposed to be doing this here? I was wanting to click but a bit paranoid about evilbay.

Edited by Uxi

Episode count would probably be pretty close. He has the 17D until at least Deathmatch at Planet Lux (after Kinryu gets jacked up by Sivil, Milia was flying Kinryu's VF-17S). I'd guess the earliest he could have been put in charge of Diamond Force assigned to City 7 with Dick and Mory was Ep 27 or 28? No wait, he tells them to cover Kinryu in the VF-11C, so it was at least an episode or two before that.

So, roughly about halfway through the series.

I couldn't help it....for that price. -_-

I've also purchased from him in the past....iirc it was a smooth transaction.

Someone already got the other one, too lol. Glad to hear he's reputable, even if it seems that he ships kinda slow. He's got good prices on VF-19S and VF-19 kai, too.

So, roughly about halfway through the series.

Just checked. Episode 22 is the last time Gamlin is in his VF-17D. I don't see him in a valkyrie in a quick skim of Ep 23. Diamond Force is assigned to City 7 in Ep 24 and Gamlin is patrolling in the VF-17S (and joined by Dick and Morry later on).

Edited by Uxi

Just checked. Episode 22 is the last time Gamlin is in his VF-17D. I don't see him in a valkyrie in a quick skim of Ep 23. Diamond Force is assigned to City 7 in Ep 24 and Gamlin is patrolling in the VF-17S (and joined by Dick and Morry later on).

Gamlin pilots a 17D again in episode 46(?) when he is possessed by Gavil and goes on a rampage through the fleet.