Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Well, this maybe where I get my decals out, and rectify what Yamato seems to have blundered on, unless Yamato actually did somehow send a color sample to Graham. From what I'm getting over the posts today, still a possibility. Not holding my breath, but I'll keep hope till people start opening their boxes.

I probably shouldn't post this pic, but what the heck.

Initial observations:

1) Many sharp, thin, pointy parts. In fact there's a whole page of the manual that warns you about these.

2) Easy to transform from fighter to Gerwalk or Fighter to Battroid.

3) More difficult to transform back to battroid, Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the transformation yet, but I found it a major pain in the ass getting the hips back past the LERX to get it back into fighter mode and in fact I dinged up the thin and pointy LERX doing so.

4) Looks cool in all three modes and extremely poseable.

5) One foot poses possible, just like the publicity pics.

Graham

Fighter mode looks boss.

Because of how matte the finish is on the solid black, tampo prints would have been nice. Just a bit of shiny to make it pop here and there. Ah well.

Edited by pud333

ooooh! Let's speculate wildly!

New YF-19: because people want that but don't want to buy another one. Too late it's on the same level as the VF-1.

VF-4: People HAET Battroid and loev fighter

VF-5000: obligatory gag option

New Destroids: ahahahahaha... ha

try this at home!

I'd guess:

- Separate Fast Pack Accessory Set (or bundled together with only the VF-17D)

- Sound Force

But more on topic, I really want to get that VF-17S now, but the price is simply too high. How long did the Kai take to go on sale?

Edited by Actar

I'm guessing the announcement will be something along the line of a new valk (VF-17D, VF-19P, VF-4, VF-5000) being a web-exclusive release only.

Which really isn't that big of a deal, since I do believe HLJ.com has an agreement with Yamato, and will stock said web exclusives. They did so with the weathered versions of previous Destroids/Valks, among other things.

Don't care much for any sound-force or additional fast/armour packs, myself.

Edited by OmegaD3k

My guess is the Phalanx released as a pricey limited kit-only thing, and you need the legs of another destroid?

BTW, Merry Christmas!

+1!!! And I'd say the interested fans should grab a Defender Destroid now that they're on sale.

I'm guessing the announcement will be something along the line of a new valk (VF-17D, VF-19P, VF-4, VF-5000) being a web-exclusive release only.

Which really isn't that big of a deal, since I do believe HLJ.com has an agreement with Yamato, and will stock said web exclusives. They did so with the weathered versions of previous Destroids/Valks, among other things.

I'd say that's a prety good guess. And I'll give a hint, it ain't the first one.

My main concern is whether it will be un unpainted, unassembled kit (I hope not), or a full assembled, painted toy (hope so).

Graham

Hmm, was thinking web exclusive too but a 19 kit would be interesting. Sure would make painting a master file style 19 much easier.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'd say that's a prety good guess. And I'll give a hint, it ain't the first one.

My main concern is whether it will be un unpainted, unassembled kit (I hope not), or a full assembled, painted toy (hope so).

Graham

Could it be the other 2 valks of Sound Force?

You know making Mylene a web exclusive woud suck but still be freaking awesome cause I could get one but Yamato doesn't have to work that hard to mass produce them. I solved it!!!! Lol

Edited by kanedaestes

There's a leaflet with the manual, that contains an announcement that will in turn excite a great many fans, but also at the same time, likely piss off just as many.

Graham

I'm for web-exclusive VF-4 :)

VF-4 YAY!

WEB EXCLUSIVE #$%&&!!!

Edited by charger69

I'm going with a new YF-19.

How in hell can a VF-4 piss fans off just as much?

You'd be surprised at how many of us could care less about a VF-4, to me, fighter mode is the best looking of the three modes and even then for me, it's just "meh". Though it wouldn't piss me off, I'd still MUCH rather they did a V2 YF-19 instead.

-Kyp

Graham

I think it's the VF-19P. VF-17D had a lot of screentime, might be in demand as much as, if not moreso, than the VF-17S. VF-4 would be an all new mold and a limited production run as a web exclusive kit imho, wouldn't justify the costs of tooling.

I think the web exclusive is the VF-19P. Only shows up in Dynamite 7, Yamato already used most of the mold for the Fire and Blazer Valkyrie, and Basara is far more remembered for his Fire Valkyrie than his VF-19P. Thus, not as much appeal as the Fire Valkyrie, and some fans may pass since they may already have his Fire Valky and prefer it.

VF-4 would be better for mass release as it's from Flashback 2012, flown by the main protagonist of Macross, and next year is Macross 30th. Best year to release a VF-4 and it is something that's been in demand for quite some time.

BTW Graham is the Nightmare as sturdy as the Fire Valk?

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I think it's the VF-19P. VF-17D had a lot of screentime, might be in demand as much as, if not moreso, than the VF-17S. VF-4 would be an all new mold and a limited production run as a web exclusive kit imho, wouldn't justify the costs of tooling.

I think the web exclusive is the VF-19P. Only shows up in Dynamite 7, Yamato already used most of the mold for the Fire and Blazer Valkyrie, and Basara is far more remembered for his Fire Valkyrie than his VF-19P. Thus, not as much appeal as the Fire Valkyrie, and some fans may pass since they may already have his Fire Valky and prefer it.

VF-4 would be better for mass release as it's from Flashback 2012, flown by the main protagonist of Macross, and next year is Macross 30th. Best year to release a VF-4 and it is something that's been in demand for quite some time.

BTW Graham is the Nightmare as sturdy as the Fire Valk?

we already know the vf-19P is in the works. They've shown protoypes

post-19-0-24161000-1324847248_thumb.jpg

I know, but if it's web exclusive, that's news that could piss fans off or make them happy.

but why all the cloak and dagger to announce something that everyone already saw? Then again, it is Yamato's marketing department and by department I mean the crazy old lady that reads chicken scat in the back alley.