Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Still no Diamond Force, Un Spacy or boob tampo… great poses but those photos are not the final toy… I HOPE (I do know that magazines go to print long after the contents are finished, but the box art is something new).

I'm going to guess those are still test color samples, being that there are no tampo prints on it? In any case, the poses this thing is able to accomplish are fantastic. I look forward to this in about a week and a half.

Hmmm.........either I've received a pre-production sample, or their really is no tampo printing!

Just shot off an email to clarify.

Graham

Where's that panic button?!?

It only needs 3 markings, the 2 UN Spacy kites on the chest, plus the Diamond Force emblem, so I can't understand why they wouldn't tampo print them on!

Graham

Wrapped up, to be put under the Christmas tree and opened on Christmas morning.

Graham

It only needs 3 markings, the 2 UN Spacy kites on the chest, plus the Diamond Force emblem, so I can't understand why they wouldn't tampo print them on!

Graham

Wrapped up, to be put under the Christmas tree and opened on Christmas morning.

Graham

Merry Christmas to everyone in advance! Graham, I really envy you for THAT Xmas gift.

P.S. I really wish the kites would be tampo printed.

Well, I would always say they should have tampo printed the kite logos, but it's not going to be a biggie for me.

I've stickered more than a hundred Zoids in my collection and trimming something like the kite logo or the D-force logo wouldn't be too hard.

But yeah, I do understand if anyone would argue that the stickers are too thick, etc.

I'm guessing mine is production standard as it's came in the box with the instructions and stickers.

I only opened the box breifly when I received it from the courier yesterday, just to verify whether it had tampo printing or not.

It was tough resisting temptation, but I didn't even remove it from it's plastic tray. It just went straight back in the box and was wrapped up in Christmas paper.

Call me crazy, but I wanna wait til' Christmas morning to open it with all the other presents, with my son and wife together.

Anyway, I've waited so long for a decent VF-17 toy, I can wait one more day.

Graham

I'm guessing mine is production standard as it's came in the box with the instructions and stickers.

I only opened the box breifly when I received it from the courier yesterday, just to verify whether it had tampo printing or not.

It was tough resisting temptation, but I didn't even remove it from it's plastic tray. It just went straight back in the box and was wrapped up in Christmas paper.

Graham

Wow, strong will power, I can't do that!!!

Whenever I have to go to the post office to pick a box, I open it inside my parked car. Can't even wait until I get home :lol:

Ignoring the BRIGHT yellow stripes, I kinda like the fact there aren't markings because it makes it look more stealthy. That being said for $300+ they could have tossed us a bone and I know more than a few of you want it to look exactly like the show version without having to slap decals on it.

Could it be because they want to give us the ability to choose which decals goes on the fighter? I noticed that there were NUNS logos decals (if I remember correctly) bundled with the Fire Valkyrie, so if one was inclined to assign the fighter to a NUNS squadron instead of a UN Spacy squadron, they could do that. I agree, it's a let-down to have to put the decals on ourselves, but how else can Yamato explain this oversight??? But we're assuming that Graham received the final production version which does not have tampo'ed decals. I'm really hoping like everyone else that a mistake was made on Graham's copy.

Could it be because they want to give us the ability to choose which decals goes on the fighter? I noticed that there were NUNS logos decals (if I remember correctly) bundled with the Fire Valkyrie, so if one was inclined to assign the fighter to a NUNS squadron instead of a UN Spacy squadron, they could do that. I agree, it's a let-down to have to put the decals on ourselves, but how else can Yamato explain this oversight??? But we're assuming that Graham received the final production version which does not have tampo'ed decals. I'm really hoping like everyone else that a mistake was made on Graham's copy.

it's kind of a neat idea but if Yamato was so concerned with pleasing the customizers, then they should just has a kit version for every release and tampo up the regular releases for those of who buy toys

Well, I know I'll get flamed for this, but at nearly $50 - $60 more than the VF-19, I can't see where the value went besides the market compensation that there are less versions and appeal for this particular model to sell (thus, the requirement for a higher price to balance it out).

Not even tampo printing?? And honestly, we've barely seen pics of this thing and it comes out next week :(

Why?? By now with the VF-19 release, we had transformation vids already!!

Well, I know I'll get flamed for this, but at nearly $50 - $60 more than the VF-19, I can't see where the value went besides the market compensation that there are less versions and appeal for this particular model to sell (thus, the requirement for a higher price to balance it out).

Not even tampo printing?? And honestly, we've barely seen pics of this thing and it comes out next week :(

Why?? By now with the VF-19 release, we had transformation vids already!!

I'm not happy about the tampo printing either but the 17 looks like it has a lot more going on in terms of engineering than the 19 does, plus it's not as easy to milk in terms of variants and I doubt it's as popular as the 19... so I get why it costs more. But Tampo printing is cheap and we know they already have the stamps for the diamond force logo

Yeah, kind of having to agree with you on this one. Just from initial observation, it would seem that the design and intricacy of the VF-17 is somewhat simpler than the VF-19...