Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I’ve noticed some paint scheme peculiarities. For instance, I don’t know if there should be any visible yellow stripes on the underside of the fighter; they wouldn’t be there had Yamato painted this last sample’s shoulders like the ones of the original resin prototype we can still see in their web site.

Yes, but on the original resin prototype, the yellow stripes on the shoulders were too low down. After this was pointed out to them, the stripes were moved higher up to the more correct poosition.

Graham

Yes, but on the original resin prototype, the yellow stripes on the shoulders were too low down. After this was pointed out to them, the stripes were moved higher up to the more correct poosition.

Graham

I actually didn’t bother too much about the low position of the yellow stripes on the shoulders, while having them visible in fighter mode…

Oh, well. Compromises, compromises...

Edited by Reïvaj

So, since this is being released on the the 28th, what's HLJ's usual turn around time in terms of getting pre-orders shipped and out to customers?

Sorry for the nooby questions, but I've never pre-ordered anything before [always buy after release]. This might be my first pre-order, but I'm only on break till the 6th of January. I would LOVE it if the figure got to my doorstep before classes started again on the 7th :( .

The VF-19S came out on the 28th of November and mine shipped on the 2nd of December. I think mine was a bit slow to ship because I had other preorders that weren't in stock yet, but the 17S is probably going to take longer to process because of the holidays.

My only problem with the design, and this is a Kawamori thing, is that the placement of the shoulders makes the Gerwalk mode very gappy. The VF-25 suffers from this a little too but not nearly as much as with the 17's linebacker-like shoulders.

I'm even more underwhelmed by this thing now more than ever, I may pick up a D if they release it, and if it's heavily discounted, because this thing does not look like it is worth the asking price.

Well then you just go underwhelm yourself in the corner while the rest of us celebrate Gamlin-san.

My only problem with the design, and this is a Kawamori thing, is that the placement of the shoulders makes the Gerwalk mode very gappy. The VF-25 suffers from this a little too but not nearly as much as with the 17's linebacker-like shoulders.

I think the VF-11's gerwalk mode is even gappier.

post-12283-0-94381400-1324426694_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

But it is a consistent traight line from the wings to the shoulders. On the 17 and 25 there's big gaps where the shoulders folded in that breaks the consistency.

I agree, but I thought we were talking about gappy gerwalk modes. You hadn’t mentioned consistency before, which is a fairly debatable concept IMO.

I don't think he means 'consistent' in the same way you do. He's still arguing about gaps but he means gaps at the shoulders in particular. You can draw a relatively straight line from the wingtip of the 11 to the wingroot and then another to the nose cone, no gaps, very consistent lines from fighter to GERWALK. On the 25 you can't do this and there are gaps around the shoulder, on the 17 those gaps are bigger. I think the 17 deserves an asterisk though as it has that funky quasi-GERWALK mode that I believe is the actual official GERWALK mode.

I don't think he means 'consistent' in the same way you do. He's still arguing about gaps but he means gaps at the shoulders in particular. You can draw a relatively straight line from the wingtip of the 11 to the wingroot and then another to the nose cone, no gaps, very consistent lines from fighter to GERWALK. On the 25 you can't do this and there are gaps around the shoulder, on the 17 those gaps are bigger. I think the 17 deserves an asterisk though as it has that funky quasi-GERWALK mode that I believe is the actual official GERWALK mode.

Thank you Jenius. That was a far better description then what I was able to express but it's exactly what I was thinking.

Ho Ho Ho! I've just heard that Santa may be leaving a nice 'stealthy' present under my tree in time for Christmas. Oh, what a nightmare........heh, heh.

Graham

I think I speak for all of us when I say I hope you have a cat named Santa. ;0)

Thank you Jenius. That was a far better description then what I was able to express but it's exactly what I was thinking. [...]

Why “thank you, jenius”? Did you felt attacked in any way? I just said I agreed with you and why I mentioned the VF-11 :wacko:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/018892/

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Great, anyone has a better translation that I could pulled from google?

gangu.gifinterview.gif

INTERVIEW: VF-developers ask 17S (3): The answer came in the supervision of the director Kawamori

04.gif

00.gif

01s.jpg■ VF-6,040 yen / version will be released December 2 17S Diamond Force / 2012 (approx.)

From Yamato, a new item in late 12 "VF complete transformation diamond-17S Specifications force" and released. Developments on this item you care about the long-awaited fan, so I spoke to introduce representatives of Yamato over Mister K (previous interview here ).Was "supervised" to send us a story about.

Supervised and directed by Shoji Kawamori ─ ─ What is tough?

Mista over K: Thankfully this VF-17 is about "Because I" Yamato Itadake seems to have confidence, like I did a little modification. I was told about the thickness is about when I took the first drawing lies. 02s.jpg

■ The balance of the walk is a wonderful mode!

Books ─ ─ GA Graphic "Variable Fighter Master File" is the case in the supervision of director Kawamori we are not value the dreadfulness of that is understanding the balance when only a small three-dimensional drawings

Mista over K: River Forest coach is not particularly strong commitment to fighter mode. For Battroid mode, have been used in the parts that make up what fighters like, I like to see the point and I was concerned about. "Wow, this is over I'm" ... What, No, you thought those Desho (laughs) What is secondary in my mind digs.

03s.jpg

■ the way VF Battroid-mode transformation to 17. Through a process of what the exterior shape of the fighters are making to "relocate" Will it be? Mechanisms like the tingle of curiosity. Want to make sure your eyes travel

─ ─ It is this VF kit or evidence that would not be the ideal finish the eyes of the 17 design director Kawamori. By the way, I decided on the color you like?

Over K Mista: In the animation, plus the blue slightly to black so easy penetration into the universe in the background, but I think action was taken that, "In fact I'm a color kind," the director Kawamori wind that kindly given out to. This product is in pretty close to black, VF-if there is actual and it looks kind of 17 that would have finished in the image.

Looking at the well surface ─ ─, chiseled muscle (panel line) It is also quite thin

Mista over K: This is thanks to improved technology have shaped the plant. 04s.jpg

■ Panel lines are important to represent where the realism of the model airplane. Is finished precisely than ever before

The figure was a pilot during an interview earlier Osshatsu ─ ─, has been painted over rather

Mista over K: Yeah. The pilot reduced slightly in this process. Figure how much a user (can of) that I do not know is concerned about, it's a lonely and will not be included. 05s.jpg06s.jpg

Even more than the granularity of ■ painted figures, attention is also inside the cockpit. It has been reproduced in fine stick left and right side!

─ ─ is personally want with. Oh, and actually put in the cockpit, but I have a strong presence of the pilot's canopy is quite dark. Natural feel good!

Mista over K: Thank you. It's right it. I get a sense of scale model aircraft pilots ride. 07s.jpg

■ a canopy over the pilot figure looks "scale model" of us as an atmosphere

◆ ◆ ◆

The next complete transformation, "Valkyrie" to introduce each of the series development in general. Enjoy!

After seeing those pictures, I no longer mind the purple canopy. Woo!

I still would have preferred red, but I am even starting to like the Mongo head of the 17S. Can't wait!

This pic right here highlights the type of "gappiness" I was talking about. It's like it's not even a unified single section anymore. And it's right across the mid-section. It's very odd looking, even as Gerwalks go.

OH BITCH, BITCH, BITCH.

-Grandpa Simpson

I have no stake in this since I don't care for the VF-17......particularly yamatos rendition...a bit too chunky looking in fighter mode for me, but that is a pretty bad gap behind the cockpit. Like the chest doesn't sit securely with the nose in fighter mode.

Chris

hahaha, relax people, the wing gloves slide in to tidy up the back. man.. you guys freak out over every little thing,

People pushing the panic button well before knowing anything. Besides, I think the correct transformation of the 17 in GERWALK is supposed to have the arms upwards, and the beams pointing out, and would essentially get rid of the midsection gap.

There's a lot of forest missing going on here. My comment in particular is about the fact the way the thing is designed makes for a funky looking Gerwalk. That's it as far as gappiness is concerned. It was merely an observation.

Edited by Mommar

People pushing the panic button well before knowing anything. Besides, I think the correct transformation of the 17 in GERWALK is supposed to have the arms upwards, and the beams pointing out, and would essentially get rid of the midsection gap.

There is no midsection gap because the wing gloves slide in so the wings also move in and sit next to those braces that hold the back and cockpit together. It's plain to see in that one picture of the partially transformed battroid pic that the wing gloves slide in and sit flush with the central back plate.

As for the chest plate not sitting flush with the cockpit, there's a picture showing how that pieces can be raised. Most likely it just wasn't pushed down far enough.