Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

Just when thing are looking great for me My car desides to get stupid with me again!!!!! Got parts to install. but I could not get the damn spark plus out. It's bad enough I got oil mysteriously leaking into the space the plugs are in, I also have to get new rotors and brakes oh and oh yeah in the process of trying to get the plus out I broke off two of them. That was not supposed to happen. thankfully I already have the plus for them to install. but geting the old out plus, the towing its going to pricey, and I was thinking of pre-ordering this bird. To anyone who owns a car and does their own work on it; for example, spark plugs. Do not get Champion spark plugs from any auto parts store they are crap, crap, crappity, crap. Get Bosh spark plugs, I never had any problems getting them out, something I should have gotten last year.

Like I said YF-21 released for ¥21,800; the reissue without the fastpack and stand was ¥18,800. honestly I don't think ¥3,000 in 3 years isn't that bad considering how much better Yamato's stuff has gotten.

Ah good point, I forgot about that. Same price for YF-19FP? I got the original YF-21 but it was awhile back. Of course, it's the biggest valk and came with the stand and FP, as well...

Strangely enough, for a person that prefers an accurate rendition of the fighter mode over battroid, this rendition doesn't bother me at all. It almost feels like that's how it would look if it were to appear in Macross Frontier and rendered as a CG model. After all, they changed a bunch of things on the VB-6 going from hand drawn line art to an actual CG model, why shouldn't this be any different? What does bother me are the large gaps between nearly all the pieces. I'm hoping it's just because it's a resin prototype and that the production toy will have those gaps tightened up.

Unfortunately it feels like it may be a repeat of the VF-11 where it is priced way above what people feel it should be worth and thus will not sell well. I hope the S variant sells enough to justify the D because at this price, I can really afford to get only one, and that is the one I want.

Sigh, if only the exchange rate were the same as it was when I started collecting Macross stuff. It was something like 1 dollar = 122 yen then. Those were good times. The VF-17at the amiami price of 21,800 yen would have cost only $179 and then another probably $33 for shipping.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

It seems like mass production mechas or those that are not pilot by the hero or arch-enemy of the show (or only shortly by the hero before he got his customize mecha) will be either more expensive (in Yamato's case) or web exclusive (in Bandai's case).

unless it share the same design with the hero's mecha.

Can anyone help me catch up with what is going on? I saw a preorder for thsi on BBTS. One thing I need to know is, can the main rifle fold in half and store inside the leg like in the show?

The main rifle does fit into the leg though it's through a hatch in the back behind the knee instead of popping out the side like the animation.

the YF-19 originally released without fast pack for ¥18,800 and was later reissued with fast packs and the light up fold dildo drive for ¥22,800

Oh you are bad. :D:lol:

Valve gasket cover?

Yeah someone at work sugguested theEGR valve might be the culprit. But after I got the diagnoses it's going to cost $3700 to remove the header to get the plugs out which means I definatly not getting the 17S for awhile, But I decided to get another car I got three cars in mind after I send off my loan app. So anyone intrested in a used 2000 Oldsmobile Alero for spare parts. ^_^ Gotta warn you the seats don't work well the power mirrors are shot and theCD player sucks <_<

I wonder what percentage of Yamato's sales are from the US. They aren't in control the value of the dollar vs the yen but can see collectors cutting back because of the prices. Collectors are less likely to buy multiples, variants and in general limit their spending to only the absolute must have favorites. Even if money is no object there's still the shock of seeing how much they cost now compared to a couple of years ago. Less purchases from the US would eventually result in Yamato cutting back on their production numbers. Not sure exactly how much but I'm feeling these toys are going to become the sole property of Collectors in Asia and the few Western Elite.

"Those of you who continue to profess a belief in your financial solvency will receive the standard substandard collectibles, which will result in your eventual elimination. Those of you who renounce this superstitious and hysterical belief will be eligible to join the Western Elite of the MCP (Macross Collectors in Poverty)."

... and that's how my mind works. :lol:

Edited by Penguin

I wonder what percentage of Yamato's sales are from the US. They aren't in control the value of the dollar vs the yen but can see collectors cutting back because of the prices. Collectors are less likely to buy multiples, variants and in general limit their spending to only the absolute must have favorites. Even if money is no object there's still the shock of seeing how much they cost now compared to a couple of years ago. Less purchases from the US would eventually result in Yamato cutting back on their production numbers. Not sure exactly how much but I'm feeling these toys are going to become the sole property of Collectors in Asia and the few Western Elite.

I don't have hard numbers but I'd be absolutely shocked if North American customers represented more than ~5% of their total sales.

Edited by anime52k8

I don't have hard numbers but I'd be absolutely shocked if North American customers represented more than ~5% of their total sales.

And even if that was true I don’t think they know the actual number. They don’t sell to US collectors; they sell to AmiAmi, HLJ, Angolz Stores, Hobby Search, iShop2go, etc.

Edited by Reïvaj

I think a few percent would probably it. Not nearly as much as if they could get domestic distribution through Yamato USA and a localized version/import.

Personally I prefer VF-171 over VF-17. Besides, the size of the VF-17 is kind of hard to justify for the asking price. Hopefully, Bandai could make VF-171 at a lower price point like what it did for the VF-25 DX2. Though it is just very wishful hope.

Shadow has RBD as his avatar now, too. And I'm seriously thinking about changing mine...

oh man, You've just given me the greatest horrible idea ever. Keep your eyes peeled for the character art thread to get bumped... :D

Bought the new Dengeki Hobby a few days ago and there are some nice new pics of both the VF-17S and VF-19S.

The VF-17S fighter mode looks really nice in the new pics.

I stopped buying Hobby Japan months ago as they typically have far less Macross coverage than Dengeki Hobby.

Graham