Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

After the epic fail of bandai with the vf 25 line no sorprise me that planing reverse engineer for their vf 171

back on topic I have to admit that really impress with the yamatos work so probably also buy the "S" version addition the "D" :rolleyes:

High Detail Line-art VS. CAD

9c727711.png

Right out of the bat, I can see that the wings are far longer than they should be... though I guess this can't be helped due to the Anime Magic that was applied to the original line art. Other than that, lookin' good! (^o^)

All we need are these other two stuck next to 171 line-art and we can see just how easy it could be for Bandai to copy it (I honestly think the 171 is different enough that a it would be harder to do than just straight up copy.)

Right out of the bat, I can see that the wings are far longer than they should be... though I guess this can't be helped due to the Anime Magic that was applied to the original line art. Other than that, lookin' good! (^o^)

So what you're saying is the wings on the line-art are far shorter than is realistically possible.

Reivaj it's a great job! :)

Thank you, charger69, but really it's Yamato's! ^_^

I love what I see. It looks well proportionated. It looks "realistic". It looks aggressive. It looks so Macross!!!

I like the CAD more than the line art, actually :p

What's with all this weird "Bandai is going to copy/backwards-engineer Yamato" dialogue?

Where does that even come from? And why would Bandai even bother trying to backwards-engineer a VF-171 out of this when the two mechs are completely structurally different? I don't get it.

That said, I hope bandai or Yamato or anyone does make a VF-171 someday so I can display it alongside this beauty (or what I assume will be a beauty). They can backwards-engineer it from a baboons ass for all I care, just as long as they make one.

AND when have they ever done that for the wings anyway? As I stated before all wings magically shrink in battroid, I mean look at the 19 series alone, there is no way those wings in battroid equal to the length and width in fighter. I think the CAD is amazing, and a great physical representation and can't way to see more prototype pics.

I think y'all are crazy... Ball joint ankles offer way better articulation which makes battroid way more fun. Stiffening up joints wouldn't be difficult but maybe i'm spoiled since my 19 is still solid as new.

If you've read my post in the Vf-19 thread though, you'll kinda understand why I prefer ratchets. My VF-19 was not able to even do a normal GERWALK pose without nose planting it into the floor.

I think at this point, we've all read your posts... multiple times!

But, have you read any of the replies people have posted in response?

The ones that tell you how to tighten the ball joint by extending the foot all the way out and tightening the screw?

I think at this point, we've all read your posts... multiple times!

But, have you read any of the replies people have posted in response?

The ones that tell you how to tighten the ball joint by extending the foot all the way out and tightening the screw?

LOL, did you read that last line that was there. Already did that, but the screw was in so tight that it felt like the leg was gonna give if I twisted any further. Don't worry, I make sure to scrutinize every detail before I say my share, unlike some others around here... ;)

EDIT: Just went ahead and deleted the whole post. No point in articulating whats already been said ^_^

Edited by Archer

What's with all this weird "Bandai is going to copy/backwards-engineer Yamato" dialogue?

Where does that even come from? And why would Bandai even bother trying to backwards-engineer a VF-171 out of this when the two mechs are completely structurally different? I don't get it.

Though I have no hard evidence, there are signs that Bandai reverse-engineered their Hi-metal VF-19kai from Yamato's 1/60 YF-19. Especially if you take a look at some of the in-production photographs they ran in magazines.

Though I have no hard evidence, there are signs that Bandai reverse-engineered their Hi-metal VF-19kai from Yamato's 1/60 YF-19. Especially if you take a look at some of the in-production photographs they ran in magazines.

Well, there are only so many ways you can do a Valk, especially when Kawamori-san is involved, and even if Bandai did copy from the YF-19, it improved upon it by providing a locked chest and a sturdy spine.

Well, there are only so many ways you can do a Valk, especially when Kawamori-san is involved, and even if Bandai did copy from the YF-19, it improved upon it by providing a locked chest and a sturdy spine.

I know. I'm just saying. At the end of the day, it actually makes sense to build upon a design that works, and even Yamato in turn straight out copied Bandai's effort by putting in those plastic filler blocks for the backs of the legs.

All's fair in love and toy-making, as long as we end up with good stuff.

I know. I'm just saying. At the end of the day, it actually makes sense to build upon a design that works, and even Yamato in turn straight out copied Bandai's effort by putting in those plastic filler blocks for the backs of the legs.

All's fair in love and toy-making, as long as we end up with good stuff.

Yes, I think the spirit of healthy competition between Yamato and Bandai would only make us fans the winners, but our wallet weeping losers :D

I am gonna hold out for the VF-171 though.