Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I am curious how they are going to get the wings to look small in battroid. They look pretty big on the fighter prototype.

All valk wings shrink in the anime, but there is no physical way to duplicate that on the toys. Gotta love anime magic.

I honestly have zero problem with the wings being a little longer. I still think the Battroid in that CAD looks pretty damn beefy and menacing.

Agreed; I'm all for line art-accurate fighter modes regardless of the slight compromises in battroid.

Oh boy, the CAD design seems to show that the design for the feet will be very similar to that of the VF-19 kai....ball joints. Please oh please someone advise Yamato to go with ratchets instead. I don't care if some posability will be sacrificed, as a toy that can stand up for more than a few months is worth more to me than one that will do a cool pose for a few minutes before collapsing...

Agreed; I'm all for line art-accurate fighter modes regardless of the slight compromises in battroid.

I actually don't feel like it's a "compromise." It's about the only realistic way to do it and I'm fine with that.

Oh boy, the CAD design seems to show that the design for the feet will be very similar to that of the VF-19 kai....ball joints. Please oh please someone advise Yamato to go with ratchets instead. I don't care if some posability will be sacrificed, as a toy that can stand up for more than a few months is worth more to me than one that will do a cool pose for a few minutes before collapsing...

How can you tell from the CAD? It's so small.

I actually don't feel like it's a "compromise." It's about the only realistic way to do it and I'm fine with that.

That's basically what I meant to say, as long as it's the battroid that's "realistic" and the fighter that's line art-accurate.

I’d love to have something more… substantial, but look at the background:

post-12283-0-05521300-1311835718_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-85607200-1311835725_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-76960900-1311835735_thumb.jpg

Check this first:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=tr&rurl=translate.google.com.tr&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://akibahobby.net/2011/06/yamato_dollholic_vol4.html&usg=ALkJrhj3B_BWRbp4Abcm-OiUfib5e-Nhtg

Then:

Please someone go to the 8th floor office of Yamato at some building at Akihabara and take some VF-17S CAD image photos :rolleyes:

Edited by charger69

How can you tell from the CAD? It's so small.

Well, I obviously don't know for sure, but the aesthetics of the leg and feet seem very similar to that of the VF-19 Kai, and in pure inference, I kinda assumed that there would be a high probability that ball joints would be applied like the VF-19..

BTW Check second image again, I see two gun ports on the legs... We need only one on the right lower leg, am I correct??

Maybe the other port is for the MC-17A Gun Pod Beam Adapter??

BTW Check second image again, I see two gun ports on the legs... We need only one on the right lower leg, am I correct??

That's an old CAD, already discussed with Yamato about 1.t5 to 2 months ago and the second port has already been removed. Don't worry.

Graham

I'm surprised nobody has a hang up on the fact he keeps calling those of us who display our Valks on their landing gears "pussies." If he thinks there should be missile bays and not landing gears he can state why, but don't call me a pussy again.

indeed. here's my little way of giving that idea the 'ol One-Fingered Salute;

MACROSSColleJohns4-14-112.jpg

What I'm still a little confused about is why nobody was allowed to take pics of the prototype VF-17 or Blazers. We had a years worth of proto-type pics of the VF-19 Kai and nobody seemed to have issues. Now we've got to sneak around and photo shop CAD images instead.

What I'm still a little confused about is why nobody was allowed to take pics of the prototype VF-17 or Blazers. We had a years worth of proto-type pics of the VF-19 Kai and nobody seemed to have issues. Now we've got to sneak around and photo shop CAD images instead.

We didn't get a whole lot of the kai either, actually. We got a couple in fighter mode and then it was quiet for a long time.

Actually, yamato has never been really forthcoming with prototype pics. Usually we get a CAD or two early on, then a couple of resin pics and then nothing until very soon to release date.