Official Complete Book Theatrical Macross F The Wings of Goodbye

Official Complete Book Theatrical Macross F The Wings of Goodbye

On sale from: 2011.04.15

Cost (tax included): 1,575円

Size: A4

ISBN 978-4-04-854621-8-C0076

Publisher: Kadokawa Shoten

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%EF%BC%AF%EF%BC%A6%EF%BC%A6%EF%BC%A9%EF%BC%A3%EF%BC%A9%EF%BC%A1%EF%BC%AC-%EF%BC%A3%EF%BC%AF%EF%BC%AD%EF%BC%B0%EF%BC%AC%EF%BC%A5%EF%BC%B4%EF%BC%A5-%EF%BC%A2%EF%BC%AF%EF%BC%AF%EF%BC%AB-%E5%8A%87%E5%A0%B4%E7%89%88%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%A6-%EF%BD%9E%E3%82%B5%E3%83%A8%E3%83%8A%E3%83%A9%E3%83%8E%E3%83%84%E3%83%90%E3%82%B5%EF%BD%9E-%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88/dp/404854621X

Contents Roundup:

Number of pages devoted to each section are in ():

- double sided poster

(2) character synopsis and voice actors

(6) synopsis of Theatrical Macross Frontier The False Diva

(2) splash image

(1) Shoji Kawamori comments

(26) Theatrical Macross Frontier: Wings of Goodbye synopsis

If you don't want to be spoiled, don't open:

last warning

honest, the last warning!

Are you sure? There's no turning back...

are you really REALLY sure?

conclusion of the movie AND the triangle gleaned from the photo synopsis and text:

A Vajra Queen possesses the battle frontier.

Aruto races in, in the YF-29 and ejects in EX-Gear.

He lands on the Vajra Queen possessed Battle Frontier.

He then radios, "Ranka, apologies for not reciprocating your feelings...

Sheryl... it's a little late, but...

I love y-----*"

He, and the Vajra Queen possessed Battle Frontier are vaporized by a big nuke explosion.

The End

(14) Sheryl, Ranka and Aruto: all with intro, lyrics to 2 songs (obviously not Aruto...), new costumes, profile & synopsis & the False Diva costumes

(4) interviews: Aya Endo, Megumi Nakajima, Yuichi Nakamura

(5) supporting characters: Michael Blanc, Klan Klang, Luca Angeloni, Ozuma Lee, Jeffrey Wilder, Leon Mishima, Brera Sterne, Grace O'conner, Lovely Bomber Group,

Julia Angeloni/Alcatraz Guards & Warden, Galaxy Fleet Leader; which looks like a Vajra head with human tech spliced into it

(10) interviews: Hiroshi Kamiya, Megumi Toyoguchi, Jun Fukuyama, Katsuyuki Konishi, Soichiro Hoshi, Tomokazu Sugita, Kikuko Inoue

(2) YF-29 Durendal with stats - stats for the Super Pack, too!

(1) VF-27γ Lucifer with stats - alas, not much detail on the Super Pack.

(1) VF-25 Messiah: limited information on the base model, Tornado and Armour Packs.

(2) Macross Quarter

Macross Quarter Variations - from S.M.S. branches in other fleets. Brown/tawny is the 17th, Blue/White is the 23rd

(1) Battle Frontier with Frontier Armed Forces EX-Gear

(1)

Queen Frontier with fold wave control system & implant warheads

(1) Vajra lifecycle: queen > larvae. which branches into two, first: Battle ship and cruiser types. second: battle type, hound type,

new style heavy Vajra

(8) music video production designs for 1 each of Sheryl's and Ranka's songs that appear in the movie.

(4) interview: Yoko Kanno

(1) interview: May'n

(1) interview: Megumi Nakajima

(2) Kanno Yoko Produce Live Memories: synopsis of the 5 MF concerts

(1) MF discography: TV, movies, and CD dramas

(2) interview: Hidekazu Sato & Taichi Hashimoto

(2) interview: Risa Ebata

(3) interview: Tomisaburo Hishimoto, Hiroshi Yagishita, Hiroyuki Kashima, Atsushi Sakuyama

(1) interview: Hiroyuki Yoshino

(2) Interview: Hirotaka Marufuji, Yuichi Takahashi, Takao Abo

(2) MF Project History: major milestones from the 2005 commencement to 2011.02.26 theatrical release

(4) sampling of the Newtype articles on MF, including the rough designs from the initial announcement.

(2) gag manga with 2011.02.26 event report

(4) interview: Shoji Kawamori

(4) splash page and closing

building the Macross Frontier colony, Ranka = flower girl, Sheryl being "operated" on in a "stasis tube"

(1) book credits w/ Kawamori-san's praying YF-29 and VF-25 illo in support of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami.

Summary:

A great book, well worth the effort in tracking down. Got lots of goodies for the illiterate, and the literate will get a whole bunch more out of the book.

Recommendation: high

Difficulty to find: moderately difficult

Junkudo Books, Kawaramachi, Kyoto.

I went in looking for VFMF:VF-25 (which they also had, score!), and noticed this book out of the corner of my eye on the next bookshelf.

I've been looking for this book since it was released, but thought that it's lack of availability in the usual stores I go to is because those stores usually don't carry the less-mainstream Macross products. I did find it extremely odd that Amazon is already selling used copies for double the retail cost!

I went in looking for VFMF:VF-25 (which they also had, score!), and noticed this book out of the corner of my eye on the next bookshelf.

I've been looking for this book since it was released, but thought that it's lack of availability in the usual stores I go to is because those stores usually don't carry the less-mainstream Macross products. I did find it extremely odd that Amazon is already selling used copies for double the retail cost!

guess i'm lucky for picking up this book when i did. was just browsing at kinokoniya here in singapore looking for the VF-25 masterfile and an Ma.K book when i spotted this. i hesitated initially since i haven't heard anything about this book and not seen any previews. ended up buying it just to console myself for not finding the books i was looking for. turns out, it's an excellent book, and probably the thickest of all the MF books released thus far.

I'm still waiting for Golden Week to end.

Why's that?

FYI: it ended yesterday (JST). [unless if you're one of those lucky bums that took the Friday off, and have a 10 day-long Golden Week. Bastards!]

Edited by sketchley

oh, and i think this is the first book where i've seen the fast pack for the Vf-27 (looks cool) and the VF-25 boosters on the YF-19.

also, it seems there are at least 3 MQ's? (#'s 17,23,25)

That's all they show in the book, but there are many, MANY more than that in the movie itself.

Figures that the one recent book I'm remotely interested in is the one that everyone is scalping away like hell now.<_<

It'll be around again...I was lucky enough to walk into Book Ruhe in Kichijoji last week, when they got in four copies. I bought one...but when I went in the next day, the rest were all gone.

If I see one, do you want me to pick it up for you?

Shops in Akihabara had piles upon piles of these on 16th and I figured I'd buy one later. Next day I walk in GAMERS (I think that was the name) there's three copies left. Of course I natched up one too as I realized if I wait even one more day I might not be able to get it.

Definetly the correct choice because the book is pretty much perfect. Couldn't ask for more, really. I definetly recommend it :)

I had a meeting in Kanda yesterday. I arrived at the station early and for some reason went out of the wrong exit, finding myself right in front of this smallish bookshop. What the hell, I'll kill some time here, I thought. I'm glad I stepped inside because there was the book, unassumingly on the shelf. Well, I grabbed it immediately and put down my cash, forgetting to even look inside! I thought it was quite a good deal for only 1500 yen, the book is surprisingly thick.

Only the day before I was checking Amazon and it had gone up to 7,000 yen. :blink::wacko:

EDIT -- Just checked amazon again just now -- they're going for 9,600 now. Jesus.

Edited by Renato

What the dealio guys? Is this book that scarce?

I hope folks aren't paying that much for a book that'll eventually get reprinted.

Saw that book at my local store a couple of times before I read here that it was hard to get. Of course it decided to disappear the moment I want to pick it up right then and there.

Yeah, I'm pretty much letting the reprint turn up rather than go nuts over it. No biggie since I've still yet to see the last movie.

Yeah, pretty good book. The preliminary designs shown here are intriguing, I wish we could see more of them in greater detail instead of tiny sketches, apparently only used to fill up space.

post-1318-0-91603300-1305280074_thumb.jpg

Yeah, pretty good book. The preliminary designs shown here are intriguing, I wish we could see more of them in greater detail instead of tiny sketches, apparently only used to fill up space.

I believe Graham has posted scans of the pages in the Newtype issue that they first appeared in, along with a copy of the translation I did of that article on the main site.

I believe Graham has posted scans of the pages in the Newtype issue that they first appeared in, along with a copy of the translation I did of that article on the main site.

Huh, I don't remember those sketches being in the articles. I remember the interviews and illustrations, though. Were there more sketches than shown here or was that it?

Where did you buy?

I want mine.

:)

Mine just got sent from HLJ, though it was the very last copy as I noticed that it's listed as on backorder now. I actually thought I'd end up on their backorder list when I initially made my order since when HLJ list their stuff as Low Quantity, it usually means they're out and that just hasn't made it to their page updates yet.

Just keep looking if you're desperate for it right now, though you know they'll do a reprint since it's so popular. You just got to wait a little for it.

Marketplace sellers on Amazon are charging almost 9000yen for this now! Its bloody insane!

And to be clear, NO ONE should be paying ¥9000 for this book. It's a bargain at ¥1500, but it's a rip-off at that price.

It's a popular book. They'll print more.

• 4 weeks later...