Gauging interest for 1/55 MOSPEADA FIGURES!!!

Hey all!!! I'm tryin to gauge interest in a set of 1/55 MOSPEADA figures that will be able to be in scale of you Toynami/Aoshima figures. I know the Aoshima boxes claim it's 1/48, but in either case, they will be designed to look to scale of those toys. If I can get enough people interested, I'm going to have a friend of mine make them. If all works out according to plan, there will be 3 sets total. 1st will be of the Stick (Scott)/and Lei (Rand) figure. Second will be the Yellow/Lancer version, and 3rd will be Rook (Fuke)/Sue Graham (don't know her name in MOSPEADA). Each set will consist of 5 pieces...Rider, rider w/ ride armor, Bike in stock mode, bike in ride mode, and rider on bike, kinda like shown below.

Now for price. Each set will be $30, and while not sure yet, if we can get enough orders, the set maybe less expensive (don't quote me on that). This is for interest only, not a commitment to buy, but please, if you are seriously interested, and not just kinda, let me know. I don't want to get a large list, then have half back out. These sets shoul be very fun and a great way to make your Mospeada collection and displays top notch. Here's to getting this project off the ground.

Interest List

1.Jasonc

2.ps99092

3.DarrinG

4.Ignacio Ocamica

5.Blackconvoy_D01

6.Derex3592

7.Daniel Alvarez

8.Spedfish

9.Solscud007

10.Rick Quitoriano

11.Vespaeda

12.Slammer

13.bigkid24

14.Andre 3000

15.Maiden Japan

16.Zor Primus

17.RazorX

18.Dante S(?)

19.Jennety

20.Bryant Shiu

21.Majestic

22.Jardann

23.shdwfx2000

24.SuperDimensionalDave

25. Hirohawa

post-582-0-32590900-1304556169_thumb.jpg

Jason, do you have the CMs toys? They come with some figures you should check out. I haven't measured them but they should be very similar in scale. -

Yeah, I had a set of them, and they are not to the same scale. These will be better detail and will not look like lumps of plastic like those kinda do. I guess if anything, you could compare them to the Super Happy Party Set on the Macross toys section, but of MOSPEADA figs instead. The guy who's doing these is a fan of the series, and will be doing these with my help.

Count me in! My shelf looks kind of bare since Toynami hasn't continued the line. Still, what about a Shadow version?

The figures can be painted in any way you see fit. That's why there will probably be only 3 sets. The first set can be painted for Lei and Stick, and the Rook/Sue one is simply the same design as well. I may paint a set for the shadow colors, but that's a ways to go in this, well hopefully, not too far ahead. ;) Also, got you guys down for the list. So the list has begun.

Make sure you add me to the list, ya missed me 1st time around :)

Got it. That's what I get for working too hard yesterday, staying up late last night, and getting up way too early on a day off. ;)

Throwing my helmet in....

I've never ordered swag, fan-kits or MW-Con t-shirts from the the forum before, but it high time. Esp., since I'm in the most cash-strapped time in my life in a long time

--

Strike!..when the crowd says retreat! :lol:

Throwing my helmet in....

I've never ordered swag, fan-kits or MW-Con t-shirts from the the forum before, but it high time. Esp., since I'm in the most cash-strapped time in my life in a long time

--

Strike!..when the crowd says retreat! :lol:

Done!!!

count me in. :D

And Done!!!

Just got a bit of a look of very early sculpting of some of this, and it's gonna look awesome. We're hoping that we can do something a little different with this, instead of just being recast, and when I get some pics of what is being done, I'll post them up. I know you guys are waiting on pics, so I'll get them to you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, sorry for the delay so here we go... The decision was to go with CAD versions, as they will be much cleaner and crisp with the sculpt. There's one being built at 1/32 because someone asked to make a set to go with Captain's Legioss, but the detail right now is for the 1/55, or 1/48, whatever scale the Toynami/Aoshima scales are. More detail will be added for the 1/32 version. Luckily, I was able to make this decision with a lot of good advice from trusted people in the field who do this stuff, and based on the designs not only of the bike, but the armor figure, CAD was the way to go. Still have more to work on, and there will be some surprises added to the sets that haven't been mentioned. Hope you like them.

post-582-0-85065100-1306256895_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-68411500-1306256905_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-59997100-1306256914_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-20680000-1306256923_thumb.jpg

Latest designs are in. Here is the CAD of the Ride Armor figure, and the motorcycle in storage mode. The figure on the motorcycle will simply be the armor and motorcycle CAD designs combined. I'm sure you guys are now thinking, cool, so the first set is done....WRONG! There's going to be more coming with, so sit tight, and I'll get you more of that soon. Interest list is still up, so if you're wanting a set, let me know. Without further ado, here is the other two.

post-582-0-11309100-1306607035_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-49805400-1306607045_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-22099400-1306607067_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-91368400-1306607077_thumb.jpg

I'll take a few sets if they're in 1/72

These are being made to fit with the Aoshima/Toynami Alpha/Legioss toys, so they are more in the 1/55-1/48 scale. Upon doing some math, the Aoshima/Toynami toys are actually in 1/51 scale. These won't be in 1/72, but if I had enough interest in 1/72, it might be considered.

Oh yeah, here's the CAD figure not on the bike, but posed for it.

post-582-0-22221000-1306717618_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, quick update...The first round of these figures did generate enough interest to start the project, so these will be getting made shortly. What I'm going to do, is start an interest list for each set, and if there's enough people wanting each set, the project will move forward. The designs are done for all the bikes, ride armors, ad figures, as well as some of the bonus material. Hoping that some pics of the finished product will get you guys excited about it. They look awesome. More to come shortly.

Oh, and when the time to order is ready, I will pm and contact everyone on the list. Thanks for your patience.

Thought I'd keep the thread fresh by showing off one of the "bonus" figures that will come with a later set. Inbit foot soldier. Without further ado, here it is:

List updated as well.

post-582-0-51835600-1308508711_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-59933300-1308508723_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-82518700-1308508734_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-60973600-1308508755_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc