HLJ's Super Dimensional Sale

UN Spacy

I finally caved in and got the 11C. I was going to get some other stuff, but I have a few things on ebay at the time, and depending on how those sell, like a brand new iPod touch, I'll either get more stuff, or less.

Maybe you haven't noticed that they are putting just about anything on sale. Likely to do with lower sales due to the Fukushima problem.Alot of people are not so eager to buy from HLJ at the moment, me included.

They have been putting everything for sale since the US mortgage mess. As for Fukushima, just don't eat the outer shipping box and you will be fine. ;)

I also happen to receive my order from previous sale today. It may be my first SAL order from Japan that get taxed by Canadian custom - I guess any package from Japan get more attention these day. The VF-1A CF from this order has a clear canopy and improved crotch-lock.

Edited by CF18

Personally I think the best deals where on the Koenig's while they where still up. It's a great toy and that was an awesome price. I finally picked up that VF-11C I've been wanting so :)! Now if only I could find a YF-29.....picked the wrong month to stop paying attention to the release schedule.laugh.gif

I broke down and ordered both Max and Millia VF-22S seeing they were bothe $92 bucks each. Now my Macross 7 collection is complete... well almost.I have gotten the VF-19 Kai yet

Found out about this the other day while browsing HLJ anyway, took a little advantage of their Gunpla sale last month and randomly went back on to discover this lovely Macross sale. I was tempted by the 11C like so many others but I had to go with the DX Quarter because I've never had the chance to grab it before, and $122 (before shipping) was too good a deal to pass up. :D

Holy shiiiiiii..... Come on HLJ! Don't tease me like that. Just when I was singing que sera sera, missing the sale for the VF-22's now the VF-11C and DX Mac Quarter. Unfortunately, I'm sitting this one out, exchange rate is worsening and I have other priority.

Looks like the vf-11c is not on sale anymore, or not as high as it was last week.

Yeah, it went from 40% off to only 15%. Guess the sale went better than they expected as they're down to low stock. Congrats to those who were able to snag the VF-11C a few days ago - it was a great deal. Still, planning to pull the trigger on a set of Max and Milia VF-22S but it's getting difficult with new Transformers coming to retail in less than 2 weeks.

12 VF-22's?! But there's only three types on sale....

I'm sure it's 4 for each type. But this is Kensei we're talking about here. I'm surprised he's not doing 12 of each type! =P

5 full pages of stuff for sale now down to 3. Yikes!

A bunch of my order are still pending shipment (were in stock when I ordered) now they're listed as backordered / discontinued. Hope my orders will go through. :rolleyes:

Edited by Phalanix

5 full pages of stuff for sale now down to 3. Yikes!

A bunch of my order are still pending shipment (were in stock when I ordered) now they're listed as backordered / discontinued. Hope my orders will go through. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you'll get your orders, they have a robust inventory tracking system. Might take till after the Golden Week is over before your items get shipped.

For this sale I just ordered an extra Gamlin, the 11C can wait for now.

I'm sure it's 4 for each type. But this is Kensei we're talking about here. I'm surprised he's not doing 12 of each type! =P

No matter how long you've been away from these forums, its surprising how certain people remember your buying habits. :D

I'm pretty sure you'll get your orders, they have a robust inventory tracking system. Might take till after the Golden Week is over before your items get shipped.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, GW, forgot about that. :D

i wouldn't be too sure. their inventory system is not real time so some items might get overbooked before it reflects as backordered, and from what i've read, it's not necessarily first-come first-served when they fill these orders. i've had some items dropped from my order that way even those that were ordered while the item/s was in stock (green). usually this is when there's a sale going on.

what i found out that helps is if you send a follow up email. perhaps because it prompts them to prioritize one on the processing queue. another thing is to immediately trigger "ship if available" as soon as your order is acknowledged and appears in your account. it's supposed to be automatically triggered if all items are in stock for the current order, but won't trigger if you have an unavailable item from a previous order, and sometimes it just doesn't trigger at all unless you do so manually.

really can't understand why after they've done quite a few improvements of their webshop functionality, they skipped on improving this core part. it's rather annoying (and sometimes stressful) not knowing if you got a hot-selling item or not, so you can try to source from elsewhere if necessary. and it's very inconvenient not being able to split or combine orders to avoid import tax limits. for these reasons they have lost more than half of my business to amiami and hobbysearch.

sorry for the rant. anyway, happy to report i just got an email from hlj that my entire order (VF-11C and a bunch of books ) has been processed, paid, and now awaiting shipping. i would've also ordered the VB-6 SP ver if they allowed shipment splitting post-ordering. by the time they were able to process my shipping request (so that i can now place a new order that'll be shipped separately) the VB-6 was already off the sale list.

Yup, well, all my orders are now being prepped for shipping, except for the Nyan Nyan Heroine figures which is now listed as discontinued. That's kinda lame as I ordered them the first couple of hours the sale went up, ah well! Definitely not looking forward to the customs fee for this. :wacko:

Hope you guys aren't right about their inventory tracking system. I was planning on buying in a couple days after I throw some stuff on eBay but the low stock indicator on the Max VF-22S forced me to order it along with Miria's. We'll see...

If you order something from HLJ while it's on sale, and your order has to wait to ship out because of a back-ordered item until after the sale ends, will you still get your item for the sale price?

If you order something from HLJ while it's on sale, and your order has to wait to ship out because of a back-ordered item until after the sale ends, will you still get your item for the sale price?

Check your order status on your account page, the cost of the item will be reflected there and IIRC it is fixed when you order not when you pay or got it shipped.

ordered my loot last weekend and got receipt of payment last Tuesday but still no shipping confirmation. Has anyone else experienced this long a delay as I've usually only waited about 3 days?

Same here, they've been processing my order post payment for a week now.

It's not Golden Week, or something like that, is it? I ordered something, and it took awhile, but it's on it's way. My 11C just got shipping notice about 3 days ago. Could be that all the sales they are doing is getting them backed up, or a holiday, or something else. Nevertheless, HLJ is very good at shipping, and keeping to getting what you ordered.

well, so much for trying to stagger my purchases. :mellow:

both my orders' payments got posted last friday from my card, even tho my first order was pre-Golden Week and my last order was days after Golden Week. :huh:

Should've just ordered both at the same time to save at least $5 or so on the shipping cost. :angry: