HLJ's Super Dimensional Sale

UN Spacy

why are they doing this again SO SOON? i haven't fully recovered from the last sale and now they have even more i want! definitely planning to max and milia VF-22S but i'm really tempted to get a VF-11C along with a bandai koenig. :wacko:

why are they doing this again SO SOON? i haven't fully recovered from the last sale and now they have even more i want! definitely planning to max and milia VF-22S but i'm really tempted to get a VF-11C along with a bandai koenig. :wacko:

Maybe you haven't noticed that they are putting just about anything on sale. Likely to do with lower sales due to the Fukushima problem.Alot of people are not so eager to buy from HLJ at the moment, me included.

I've been avoiding purchasing any modern toys while I wait for the YF-29, VF-19K, and 1/3000 SDF-1 kit (which I'm hoping shows up on HLJ) but I had to break down and buy a couple things. I was tempted to get the VF-11C also but opted out, after shipping it's still beyond what I think that toy should cost.

I've been avoiding purchasing any modern toys while I wait for the YF-29, VF-19K, and 1/3000 SDF-1 kit (which I'm hoping shows up on HLJ) but I had to break down and buy a couple things. I was tempted to get the VF-11C also but opted out, after shipping it's still beyond what I think that toy should cost.

$173 with Fed Ex isn't bad. What do you think it should cost?

$173 with Fed Ex isn't bad. What do you think it should cost?

The VF-11 toy is good but the bang for the buck is light. I'd say $150 shipped for a VF-11 is a fair price. It's a cool toy, no doubt, but is it THAT much cooler than a 1/60 V2 VF-1 toy? No, not really. The VF-22 toys offer more bang for the buck and they're going for less (although I prefer the YF-21).

The VF-11 toy is good but the bang for the buck is light. I'd say $150 shipped for a VF-11 is a fair price. It's a cool toy, no doubt, but is it THAT much cooler than a 1/60 V2 VF-1 toy? No, not really. The VF-22 toys offer more bang for the buck and they're going for less (although I prefer the YF-21).

Yup. At least with this new sale, the 22s has the best bang-for-the-buck value.

I still can't figure out why the yf-21 still has a more ridiculously expensive SAL-shipping option compared to the vf-22. :o

Yup. At least with this new sale, the 22s has the best bang-for-the-buck value.

I still can't figure out why the yf-21 still has a more ridiculously expensive SAL-shipping option compared to the vf-22. :o

Yeah it's strange, although the YF-21(overall weight+packaging) is 300gms heavier than the VF-22s. Which is still weird as their EMS costs are exactly the same.

Edited by raptormesh

Yeah it's strange, although the YF-21(overall weight+packaging) is 300gms heavier than the VF-22s.

I don't have the yf-21, but I'm thinking it prolly has to do with the yf-21 having the old flap/windowed packaging and the VF-22 has the newer window-less packaging.

300gms for that rather useless flapper? geezus... :wacko:

Same thing happened to me. I bought a weathering Khaki Defender, Volumes 3 and 4 of the 1/250 series and chose SAL but got EMS. I'm guessing they either have a threshold package size or dollar value and if you exceed that you have to use EMS or FedEX.

EDIT - Seems Raptormesh knows the haps -

Edited by jenius

In my experiences with hlj, my orders get automatically bumped to EMS when my order-totals hits US$200 or more.

Even if it's just one single item.

edit:

yeah. what Nightingale and Raptormesh said, too.

also gotta remember that the hlj-box themselves sometimes add to the total weight, no matter how efficient hlj boxes the item(s).

Edited by treatment

I suspect they are trying to recover from the shipping cost. Case in point, my shipping default is set to SAL. Instead, I got a bill for EMS shipping?!

How? HLJ should lost a bit of money via EMS since they charge us 80% of actually EMS cost charged by post office, so they pay that 20%, v.s. we paying 100% of SAL postal cost.

SAL is affected by both shipping weight and value of the items, they will bump to EMS if the threshold is reached for either. EMS has some kind of insurance on it IIRC, where SAL does not.

That's right, if it's more than 2kgs OR 15,000 Yen.

Are they having a sale for Fed Ex? On their site the Fed Ex shipping alone costs $116. :huh:

It says $35.14 for me.

$150 would be ideal I think however what's "bang" for you? The VF-1 is the coolest to me but it's the first Valk I ever saw and I have a soft spot for it. Maybe somebody loves the VF-11 more, then the VF-1 wouldn't be as cool and thus that does not matter. Maybe the VF-22's are cheaper but do they offer more "bang", if you prefer the 11 more then what does the 22 offer the 11 doesn't? Plus the 11 comes with fast packs. That's equal to a VF-1 with super and/or strike parts and a lot more than the 22 offers.

btw, guys.

I've said the vf-22 has the best bang-for-the-buck, but be aware that some Milia versions (2nd-batch and up, prolly) have some various QC issues.

Mine from the last sale came with a bit of a left-leg peg-friction issue. Not quite as severe as the ones reported by others in the VF-22 thread. The black goo/material that's supposed to add friction/resistance with the peg was not quite applied properly, e.g. amount of it was really less. Mine still stands good in battroid-mode, but it does slides out, especially on glossy table/shelf-tops. I had to add a small thin foam (from a motherboard-foam or whatever) to alleviate it.

In contrast, my Max-22 was quite tighter and had no issues at all.

So better check the VF-22 thread for known issues with the 22.

Ah...they must have a fed ex shipping agreement to the states, its so much more expensive down under :p

That's a bummer for you guys in Oz. Personally I always ship things by Fed Ex if I can. They're about the only company who can get a package to New Mexico in less than a week and I've never had any issues with lost items either.

In my experience, shipping large (or heavy items) to US via (registered or unregistered) SAL often cost a lot more than EMS. So it makes sense in a way for HLJ to switch to EMS for those items.

I was going to buy a Hikaru VF-1J GN-U (for reference pictures) but I couldn't find it... I'm guessing it must be sold out.

EDIT - I don't think $150 is ideal for the VF-11, I think it's "fair." An ideal price for it would be about $100 shipped. It's a nice toy but it just doesn't blow me away as being anything nearly as expensive

Edited by jenius