How is that a spoiler?

It must be terrible to write a movie script and see your big twist thrown up on the trailers months before the movie airs.

That's also very true. Modern trailers have had complaints for some time by viewers that they give way to much of the plot away and why bother seeing it in theaters at that point for 13 plus tax when you can redbox it for 1.50 and 3 for popcorn and a soda in your own home?

This should of been kept away until the film came out and let the net buzz and hum from it.

But what I don't like was the idea is recycled from salvation and the comic books while still giving it the soft boot treatment.

I'm not looking for a great movie just a popcorn flick.

Salvation COULD have been a good movie. I've heard it described as a good scifi film, but a terrible Terminator film. Which is true, but it never stops reminding you it IS a Terminator film, so it's hard to watch it as JUST a scifi film.

Still can't be worse than Terminator Salvation, right?

I thought Salvation was gonna rock, especially since it had Christian Bale but I was wrong. I thought the Sarah Connor Chronicles was gonna suck because it was made for television but I was wrong too. We just don't know if the film is good or bad till we see it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Salvation COULD have been a good movie. I've heard it described as a good scifi film, but a terrible Terminator film. Which is true, but it never stops reminding you it IS a Terminator film, so it's hard to watch it as JUST a scifi film.

makes sense, i heard the same from students who never saw T1/T2 they went to see it opening weekend and told me it was good but i wasn't interested after watching 3 i thought it was time to let it go. now that arnold is back, i have to at least watch it on netflix.

imagine if tom cruise came back to do top gun 2, i'd have to at least give it a chance for my memories of the 80s/90s lol

makes sense, i heard the same from students who never saw T1/T2 they went to see it opening weekend and told me it was good but i wasn't interested after watching 3 i thought it was time to let it go. now that arnold is back, i have to at least watch it on netflix.

imagine if tom cruise came back to do top gun 2, i'd have to at least give it a chance for my memories of the 80s/90s lol

The biggest problem I had is Salvation doesn't understand cause and effect.

They go with the logic that since the terminator in the first movie fought Kyle Reese, and the Skynet of the past movies knew about John Conner, that Skynet in their movie should have both of them on it's hit list before John Conner becomes the leader of the resistance.

John Conner is a lower-ranking officer , and has not yet risen to the prominence that would result in multiple time-travel assassination attempts. But Skynet acts like it's been hunting Conner for decades.

And even if there WAS a continuous information chain from the original movie to Salvation for some inexplicable reason, the terminator from the original film never learned who Kyle Reese was. He's just "that crazy guy that keeps shooting me"

That they draw explicit connection to the original Terminator movie with Sarah Conner's cassette diary is just salt in the wound. (They also screw that up, and have Sarah sharing a lot of information about the future she isn't from.)

Basically, it's a continuity mess even by the low standards set by Terminator sequels*. And they namedrop people every three sentences or so, so you can't just pretend it isn't a Terminator movie.

Which is a shame, because it WOULD have been a decent movie without bolting all the Terminator references into it.

*The first movie is very tightly-written and consistent in it's handling of the causality knot it creates, and I love it for that. I consider all the other movies with Terminator in the title to be part of a different series than The Terminator.

Christian Bale can't save everything. Hell, he couldn't save himself from going apeshit at the director of photography during filming.

Does he know more than one expletive? Because if you're gonna have a proper meltdown, you need to do more than just drop f-bombs once a sentence. Edited by JB0

Question:

If John Connor is now a Terminator/human hybrid, why does he still have his facial scars?

Because this movie is a creatively bankrupt trainwreck that has slightly less thought placed into it than an unusually intelligent goldfish is capable of producing.

I hope that is an acceptable answer, because it's the only one I can see at the moment.

I wish I could be more than snarky and disappointed. I never had much hope for it, but to see them stretching so hard to get below my meager expectations is... it's just sad.

Terminator Salvation has 2 things in its favour: the no-cut helicopter crash scene at the beginning, and it made me realize something vital about T3 - it doesn't take itself seriously - and that improved its viewing experience no end! (That's the T3 viewing experience)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Terminator Salvation has 2 things in its favour: the no-cut helicopter crash scene at the beginning, and it made me realize something vital about T3 - it doesn't take itself seriously - and that improved its viewing experience no end! (That's the T3 viewing experience)

so T Salvation improved watching T3 for you? hmm i guess it wouldn't hurt to take a look at Salvation myself.

He appears to be nano tech. I think this is great, they took the alleged twist ending that was not to be from Salvation and turned it on its head. I don't really have high hopes but at least it looks more interesting than Salvation ever managed.

He appears to be nano tech. I think this is great, they took the alleged twist ending that was not to be from Salvation and turned it on its head. I don't really have high hopes but at least it looks more interesting than Salvation ever managed.

They still used the twist ending in Dark horse 12 parter salvation final battle but did it little differently.

Still having some issues adjusting to this.

The lack of polish on the visual effects is disheartening. It looks like a fun movie (in the sense of being mined from the same vein of not taking itself seriously like Terminator 3 does).

Aiming for a PG-13 rating makes a lot of sense and kind of explains some things.

I'm a major fan of T2, but I would have been perfectly satisfied if there had only been the first movie in the franchise and nothing to follow it...

• 3 weeks later...

I've avoided all trailers and spoilers as I feel it's ripping yourself off before the movie ticket is bought - but I already fill ripped off that this is PG-13.

Meh.

I'm still going to go see it, because it's Arnold, but I'm pissed this project doesn't have a bit more integrity in that regard.