1/48 Hikaru Ichijo VF-1J

Omni Existence

Why does the visor on the J head has a tranlucent light green, thought it was suppose to be dark green? Hmm upon seeing the pictures, i start to have have 2nd thoughts about getting it. Nevertheless, i will get cos "cough..cough" hoping yamato will release a 1/48 GPB armor. Will be getting the non Fp version though.

Cheers

Thanks for the pics Omni! I'm so happy it's coming with the old style hands (I want my valks to match dammit). The pilot looks lightyears better too! I'm getting very excited about this release!

What is that dark spot on the center of the visor?

Glad to be of service fellas.

It was nice of my supplier to let me use the pics.

About the dark spot, if I am not mistaken, it may be the peg for the visor to connect to the head assembly. :rolleyes:

**edit in**

By the way, the visor may look too light due to the light on the digicam.

Edited by Omni Existence

wonderful pics. Thanks a lot. Those pics were the one we all wanted and you made it! Well, your supplier did. You can thank him from us.

BUT WHERE IS MY VF-1J??? ;)

well, the only things i dislike are :

- fastpacks are too "blue" for my taste. should be pure grey. No blue at all.

- the neck is too long. Maybe it's occurate but it looks strange. Well, i prefer the long neck than NO NECK at all.

- there is "UN SPACY" on the leg while it shouldn't (if my memory is not mistaken)

- the white used for the toy body parts is too dark. But maybe is it the camera. I've seen brighter pictures before.

Edited by Göönk

I think a lot of the lightness is because of the camera flash. Especially being a white valk to begin with.

Looks pretty sweet. I'm sticking with my 1/60 1J's personally, but definately a sweet job by Yamato. Can't wait to see what they cook up next.

Is the 'UN Spacy' actually painted on the legs this time? Nice, but if they did that, why don't they go ahead and paint the kite emblem under the cockpit?

Impressive looking 1J though.

cooooool! B))

I actually dont mind the head sculpt, me likes!

Thanks fo the pics. hehehehe this is just gonna

want me to have it even sooner.

it's beautiful! i bet the whole "cyclops" eye is more of a result of the camera flash than anything. i doubt it'll be that obvious in person. even if so, it still rocks! it reminds me of the classic shot of the VF-1J at the end of the opening sequence to the TV series.

it's beautiful! i bet the whole "cyclops" eye is more of a result of the camera flash than anything. i doubt it'll be that obvious in person. even if so, it still rocks! it reminds me of the classic shot of the VF-1J at the end of the opening sequence to the TV series.

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, the cyclops eye isn't the result of the camera flash :( that is what the eye really looks like.. to read a full review, you may go to this link below.

GREATTOYS.NET VF-1J 1/48 REVIEW

- Malvin

www.greattoys.net

Edited by greattoys

Do the new arm FPs fit on the old arms? I hope so since I want to use the FPs on my Roy 1S.

Thanks for the pics!!! Happy Turkey Day for all those celebrating.

yes, the old fast pack will fit this new baby!

btw, the color is somewhat dirty white and not white like the Japanese Armada Jetfire.

- Malvin

www.greattoys.net

Edited by greattoys

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, the cyclops eye isn't the result of the camera flash :( that is what the eye really looks like.. to read a full review, you may go to this link below.

- Malvin

www.greattoys.net

Of course. Yamato knows full well they need to give the fan community at least one legitimate flaw to bitch about :)

Edited by Mr March

Dang, the review did not give a very favourable view of the Fastpack giftset....makes me wonder if I should spring for it still... That box is nifty though.

The reason for the poor grade is the color and the lack of a strike cannon. We all know why there isn't a strike cannon and the greenish tint could have been from the flash, as far as what he wrote...(wasn't it right in front of him?) Anyway that's just preference... it's not for the lack of quality or any defects. A very undeserved grade for the FPs if you ask me, but a great review otherwise.

I understand what he's saying about the price. No Strike cannon should be a bigger break, but we still get a couple of extra hands and a new pilot sculpt, so the price should be just about right.

Also, it's very considerate of him to note where he got some of the pics. Some people would link those pics without creditting the original site.

ADD: Better plastic? Is that possible? That's is important news in my terms.

Edited by >EXO<

- Malvin

www.greattoys.net

Of course. Yamato knows full well they need to give the fan community at least one legitimate flaw to bitch about :)

He seems mainly to be bitching about the FAST pack color and the lack of a strike cannon. I don't care what color they are as long as it's something in the realm of accuracy and I never expected a strike cannon to be included in this set.

Edited by Draykov

He seems mainly to be bitching about the FAST pack color and the lack of a strike cannon.

I wouldn't call his comments "bitching"

It's a legitimate complaint on his part, that the colors of the packs are a far cry from the grayish color presented in the Wonderfest (or was it some other convention?) prototype. Thus he included the link to the prototype, along with his review. :D

On the other question, if I am not mistaken, Malvin sells his 1/48's for about US$110.00, more or less, depending on the current Dollar Versus Peso exchange rate.

Cheap huh?