R.I.P Elisabeth Sladen

Shocking news today, especially when you consider that she has been working pretty much right up to the end. Elisabeth was originally a companion for 3rd Doctor Jon Pertwee in Doctor Who, she was especially famous as the first companion for Tom Baker's 4th Doctor.

She was cast as a more "feminist" style of companion, trying to break some of the stereotypes that had become commonplace with previous companions, (Sex symbol, screamer, etc) and she generally did so successfully.

One of the most popular companions ever, she returned to Doctor Who in "The Five Doctors", the short lived spin off "K9 and Company", and in the "new" series in 2006. Soon afterwards Elisabeth was cast in her own spin off series, "The Sarah Jane Adventures" in 2007.

Details are vague at the moment, but the stories are claiming that she has died after a battle with cancer.

She was one of the great women of SF and she will be missed.....

article-1378645-0B948DDE000005DC-937_468x556.jpg

Rest in Peace. K-9 will protect.

Do RIP threads get locked after 24 hours or something? I feel like some survive, and some get locked right away. Is there a consistent policy?

I don't think that there is a consistent policy. It seems to follow the pattern you mention. Ones that are more likely to be locked are ones that become "disrespectful" to the person who has died. At least, that is the pattern I have noticed.

"The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it's a world, or a relationship... Everything has its time. And everything ends." Goodbye, my Sarah Jane.

I knew that she was ill they kinda hinted that at the end of the last series which I caught while being ill. But kinda looks like she worked right up till she couldnt any more. Shame she added some sass and spark to the franchise.