New 1/72 Macross release by Hasegawa

ahiachris

While I probably won't be getting this right away, I am looking forward to the instructions to show up on 1999.co.jp. My VF-11 jones has been satiated by the Yamato 1/60 for now, but I'm awaiting Hasegawa's decal placement sheet before I sticker it up.

I'm going to say this now: DON'T paint the area under the airbrakes white. I'd bet a lot of money that everybody at Hasegawa has only said/done so because of the zillion incorrect model kits in the world of real jet fighters. They were probably trying to be "realistic" and copy the infamous "white airbrake housings" of the F-15 and F-18. Just like most any reference source you find on those jets do.

Except that, that's wrong. Real F-15's and F-18's use the same color for the airbrake interiors and housings as the surrounding camoflage. Not white.

(the Tornado is often cited as a counter-example, but it too actually uses grey--a pale grey to be sure, that contrasts with the camo---but it's not white)

I'm going to say this now: DON'T paint the area under the airbrakes white. I'd bet a lot of money that everybody at Hasegawa has only said/done so because of the zillion incorrect model kits in the world of real jet fighters.

Except that it's not really wrong. There is no VF-11 Thunderbolt, unlike the world of real jet fighters. Details not shown in the movie/series... are open to interpretation!

Except that it's not really wrong. There is no VF-11 Thunderbolt, unlike the world of real jet fighters. Details not shown in the movie/series... are open to interpretation!

But like Schrödinger's cat would it be white or grey if you put it in a box ? :p

But like Schrödinger's cat would it be white or grey if you put it in a box ? :p

No, no... it's both white and grey at the same time until you open it up and look :lol:

I'm going to say this now: DON'T paint the area under the airbrakes white. I'd bet a lot of money that everybody at Hasegawa has only said/done so because of the zillion incorrect model kits in the world of real jet fighters. They were probably trying to be "realistic" and copy the infamous "white airbrake housings" of the F-15 and F-18. Just like most any reference source you find on those jets do.

Except that, that's wrong. Real F-15's and F-18's use the same color for the airbrake interiors and housings as the surrounding camoflage. Not white.

(the Tornado is often cited as a counter-example, but it too actually uses grey--a pale grey to be sure, that contrasts with the camo---but it's not white)

The insides of the Mitsubishi F-2 and Kawasaki T-4 airbreaks are white just like many other japanese jets. Oh, and VF-0, VF-1, QF-3000 are white underneath their airbreaks too.

Guess it's time to hit the hobby shop after work on Monday the 20th.

Sometimes, I really like living in Japan!

Guess it's time to hit the hobby shop after work on Monday the 20th.

Sometimes, I really like living in Japan!

You are so lucky to live in Japan, not just for the hobby shops (Food, culture, etc.) but the easy access of Macross & Other Anime related items, such a pain in the rear to get stuff here in the states these days (short of online) and when you do find them they sure seem over priced and a limited selection. When I lived in LA there were a handful of good shops, now living in KS my nearest Anime of any kind store is in Missouri...lame!!

So when you walk into that Hobby shop Monday, have a big smile and remember its good to be in Japan!! :D

Edited by 505thAirborne

You are so lucky to live in Japan, not just for the hobby shops (Food, culture, etc.) but the easy access of Macross & Other Anime related items, such a pain in the rear to get stuff here in the states these days (short of online) and when you do find them they sure seem over priced and a limited selection. When I lived in LA there where a handful of good shops, now living in KS my nearest Anime of any kind store is in Missouri...lame!!

So when you walk into that Hobby shop Monday, have a big smile and remember its good to be in Japan!! :D

AMEN to that. (says the guy in the middle of nowhere TX) :huh:

I don't understand why all you're crying so much, try to live on Brazil, we only have unnecessary things like eternal summer, astouningh beaches, gorgeous women but no one single Hasegawa supplier ! Every model i need i must import so it make me wait 2 or even 3 months until the model arrives, it's unfair ! You guys are so lucky... :(

Now you know how to keep busy while you wait! Summer + Beaches + Women = many, many distractions!

Yeah, but to win the girls i need money, which i don't have because i usedit to brought the model ! It's twice unfair !!!

Aw, but you know deep down there's nothing that gets a girl excited like sci-fi scale models.

Which twisted universe you lives, Tetsujin ???? Please send to us your dimensional transporter, PLEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE !!!!!

when is the release date?

The Hasegawa product page lists an approximate release date of the 18th, but notes that it will be shipped out on the 15th.

If everything went according to schedule, then that means Hasegawa has already shipped the kits out. If shops really do receive the kit on the 18th, that's about two and a half days away... I'm optimistic that they'll receive it even sooner than that. But we'll see. :)

The Hasegawa product page lists an approximate release date of the 18th, but notes that it will be shipped out on the 15th.

If everything went according to schedule, then that means Hasegawa has already shipped the kits out. If shops really do receive the kit on the 18th, that's about two and a half days away... I'm optimistic that they'll receive it even sooner than that. But we'll see. :)

Nice, thats great news!!