New 1/72 Macross release by Hasegawa

ahiachris

I have to say that I am a tad disappointed as well. It looks like it will have quite a few good features, but for me the nose cone is all wrong coupled with the whole nose area being too flat and fat and the spine ending in too smooth a taper. That said it didn't stop me ordering two and I hope its just the way the pictures have been taken that make it look that way.

I have to say that I am a tad disappointed as well. It looks like it will have quite a few good features, but for me the nose cone is all wrong coupled with the whole nose area being too flat and fat and the spine ending in too smooth a taper. That said it didn't stop me ordering two and I hope its just the way the pictures have been taken that make it look that way.

You'll see that the line art for this model (the top and side views) match what we're seeing in the picture. The VF-11 isn't exactly a set shape. It looks different between the TIA Special Macross Plus schematics, the Kawamori line art, the footage from Macross Plus, the footage from Macross 7, etc. This is just another interpretation rather then "wrong".

I generally prefer something closer to the TIA drawings myself, but this should be a good kit. I like the additional details on the nose, as well as the refined shape of the antennas behind the canopy. The tail is closer to the animation, though a tad small. Good additional detail though.

I too find the Club-M to be "THE" VF-11 model but I still think the Hasegawa version looks pretty damn sweet too. Plus I think it'll look better once painted. ;)

Frankly, I'm just glad it doesn't look like the horrid SHE model with that stupid looking "duck-bill" nose.

Chris

Gorgeous!! That overall shot is closer to a profile view and I think it looks fantastic!!! I was tempted to get more than just 2 of these since there are a few different things I'd like to do but I agree that those holes look like fast-pack attachment points.....so I'll wait to see what possible re-releases come out down the line....for now ;)

Chris

Beautiful. So glad now I bit and preordered a pair. I can't wait to think up some good schemes for these things.

You know, the thing that kind of amazes me about the VF-11 in general.. We have.. what, a total of two transforming toys, and maybe as many models? And tail issues aside, it's like the thing is almost anime-magic free. Even the tails would work, provided they used that fancy tilt/slide/rotate mechanism I made in a 3d model once.

I just find it sad that for as well as this thing tends to transform, it's gotten so little attention. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of crazy customs people pull of with this kit, especially if they can make it transform.

YUP! :D

As for customs 1 of mine will definately be Flanker camo..(gotta keep my flanker schemes going ;) ). Someone posted a picture of a VF-11 artwork with the blue camo and it looked sweet! My second not sure yet.

Chris

Any Recommendations? I'd love to see some :) I'm trying to find the picture I was referring to but it wasn't the Splinter camo but more of the standard Russian blue camo.

edit: Found the picture I was talking about. :)

http://digilander.libero.it/valkyriepower/wide/vf11flankerlikew.jpg

Edited by Dobber

'Tis the same plane. You can probably figure out the entire scheme with this: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=154%20white&distinct_entry=true

Just found a blue Flanker you might like: http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/Fighters/Russian/Su30MkClimbing.jpg

Oh, I had that (and its brother) in mind, but figured it'd be too hard. There's *2* neat Slovakian digi-camo Fulcrum schemes out there. That's the harder/neater of the two--I think having "colored" digi-camo (the bright tailfins) is unprecedented.

mig-29as-0619.jpg

If you want to build it, here ya go: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=209823

Also, there's decals for it--1/48, but may be easily adaptable to a 1/60 valk, especially as you could pretty much just apply them randomly and get a similar pattern: http://zabza.info/mdl_res/MiG-29/scale/kp_91060.html

1/72 as well, in the slightly earlier low-vis fins version: http://www.hobbyshop.cz/shop/1-72-decals/5363-mig-29as-slovak-digital-0921-1-72-decal.html

Here's the earlier scheme which I think would be a good bit easier to mask:

AIR_MiG-29_Slovakian_Digital_Thunder_Camo_lg.jpg

Complete marking patterns: -2007dec.jpg"]Link

Ok, it's decided then, I will do the digital camo on 1 of my VF-11's (the colored tail one!) and the other maybe a Flanker scheme or just a random U.S. scheme. Already have the 1/60 yamato so the standard color is covered! ;)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, better, but still too bubbly and not sleek enough. I was kind of hoping for some VF-1 revits. Although that didn't stop me from pre-ordering two though ;-)

I just love the old style grey with white moveable surfaces scheme.

I do think that the cockpit/front fuselage area could be more streamlined, but this is still a sweet looking kit. I agree on the old grey/white combo schemes. They look great on almost any airplane!

I was afraid they were going to VF-1 us with no pilot for a minute but then found one included on the parts tree. Nice marking choices!!

Chris

edit : Woops can be seen in the landed build also. My bad. :wacko:

Edited by Dobber

I just love the old style grey with white moveable surfaces scheme.

Me too, it's gives a real world look to it and allows the focus to be on the form. Of course, every 12 months we will see it reissued with a new set of decals!

Me too, it's gives a real world look to it and allows the focus to be on the form. Of course, every 12 months we will see it reissued with a new set of decals!

One can only hope.. only reason I only bought two was because I'm hoping for more later. ^_^