Lots of 1/100 Valkeries with alternate paint schemes

Mommar

In an only marginally tangential google search I ran across this guys website with a whole tone of VF-1's in various paint schemes. The earliest works aren't that fantastic but some of the later real world paint schemes are pretty cool to see on the valks, plus there are some modified one's with long wings and with radar dishes. Pretty cool work and I haven't seen this posted anywhere else.

Customized VF-1's

Edited by Mommar

while that IS some FANTASTIC work there, especially on so small a scale,

i cannot seem to help but get sick to my stomach after viewing that parade of ARII 1/100s.

those gawdawful (IMO) kits were the ONLY damned MACROSS merchandise i could ever find

for several long years, and those 1997 ARII 15th anniv. 1/100 re-tool "action figures"

only made things worse.

by the time i finally ran across some of the 1/100 and 1/72 IMAI/BANDAI reissues

in the very late 1990's/very early 2000's, i had had QUITE ENOUGH of ARII brand MACROSS products,

and would've been happy to never see any again in my lifetime.

regardless, great work, whoever did those up out there.

wonder if he/she's moved on to HASEGAWA 1/72s by now? :)

Edited by Shaorin

while that IS some FANTASTIC work there, especially on so small a scale,

i cannot seem to help but get sick to my stomach after viewing that parade of ARII 1/100s.

those gawdawful (IMO) kits were the ONLY damned MACROSS merchandise i could ever find

for several long years, and those 1997 ARII 15th anniv. 1/100 re-tool "action figures"

only made things worse.

by the time i finally ran across some of the 1/100 and 1/72 IMAI/BANDAI reissues

in the very late 1990's/very early 2000's, i had had QUITE ENOUGH of ARII brand MACROSS products,

and would've been happy to never see any again in my lifetime.

regardless, great work, whoever did those up out there.

wonder if he/she's moved on to HASEGAWA 1/72s by now? :)

I agree, the models themselves are not great. I was mostly appreciating the attempts at all of the different paint jobs. A few were even inspired by the Marine's paint schemes from the VF Master File books. The first one didn't come out all that long ago so I'd say unless this person gave up or is taking a little longer assembling newer model kits they're probably still in the ARII arena for now (he does mention having some 1/72 Hase's in some of the pic descriptions as well.) There were more than a few paint schemes on those models I'd love to see a V2 1/60 painted up as (and photographed in all three modes.)

Also, if you click on those pics it takes you to the guys Flicker account where he details his ideas for each scheme/modification and shows off some impressive knowledge of aircraft as well. He has some pretty interesting reads to go with the models.

Edited by Mommar

• 4 weeks later...