Machine Robo Rescue Review

ComicKaze

I bought the Hyper Police Set from HLJ because it was only 750 Yen (on sale). That's about $6 US.

All in all, I have to say it's very cool. The combined version sure kicks the ass of any Power Ranger Megazord or Energon/Powerlinx Optimus Prime.

Brings back lotsa GoBot memories. The leader feels like Turbo and the bikes all look a bit like Cy-Kill.

Very cool set but hardly any posability. It's a brick like the G1 Gestalts. All plastic though, no die-cast. Cool if you can find it for $6. They are small, the size of normal GoBots. Not cool for regular price of $22US + crazy shipping from Japan.

Vehicles

hyperbike.jpg

Robots

hyperbot.jpg

Combined

hypercop.jpg

I bought the Hyper Police Set from HLJ because it was only 750 Yen (on sale). That's about $6 US.

All in all, I have to say it's very cool. The combined version sure kicks the ass of any Power Ranger Megazord or Energon/Powerlinx Optimus Prime.

Brings back lotsa GoBot memories. The leader feels like Turbo and the bikes all look a bit like Cy-Kill.

Very cool set but hardly any posability. It's a brick like the G1 Gestalts. All plastic though, no die-cast. Cool if you can find it for $6. They are small, the size of normal GoBots. Not cool for regular price of $22US + crazy shipping from Japan.

Vehicles

hyperbike.jpg

Robots

hyperbot.jpg

Combined

hypercop.jpg

[rumor] Bandai may bring this anime to North America next year. [/rumor]

Hyper Police? Isn't that the anime about the half-animal bounty hunters? :p

Yeah, Bandai might port over MRR next year, as they have registered everything pertaining the show in the U.S. copyright department.

MRR is fun to watch... (for all ages)

Too bad that Bandai doesn't port over King of Braves: GaoGaiGar to NA (or any Braves series)

Too bad that Bandai doesn't port over King of Braves: GaoGaiGar to NA (or any Braves series)

Because neither GaoGaiGar nor any of the Brave series are owned by Bandai. Even though they're animated by Sunrise, the Brave Robot titles are owned by Takara.

ADV unsuccessfully attempted to license GaoGaiGar a few years ago. Takara said 'no' unless the toys and the rest of the Brave series came in stateside. That alone will cost millions to promote, not to mention that the return of Transformers marked the end of the Brave Saga.

Vehicles

hyperbike.jpg

Robots

hyperbot.jpg

Combined

hypercop.jpg

I have the Blue Sirens set. It set me back 12$us and they do remind me of the old Gobot/MR toys.

All plastic though, no die-cast.

True, just on the Motobikes, but there is metal on the upper thighs of the lead Police car and for some reason clear plastic on the the bicepts as well.

I hope to find the rest of the teams soon. Right now I'm searching for the Series fansubbed. :D

~G25

Yeah, Bandai might port over MRR next year, as they have registered everything pertaining the show in the U.S. copyright department.

Umm, Area Seven, actually Hasbro registered all the Machine Robo related trademarks they could think of in order to prevent Bandai from bringing them over with that name. :angry:

Hasbro is trying to run the monopoly on transforming toys again.

Here's a size comparison pick.

coptf.jpg

Umm, Area Seven, actually Hasbro registered all the Machine Robo related trademarks they could think of in order to prevent Bandai from bringing them over with that name. :angry:

Hasbro is trying to run the monopoly on transforming toys again.

Here's a size comparison pick.

coptf.jpg

I am sure Bandai can make a way around it.

Bandai is not a small company.

Your Hyper Police Robo is mistransformed around the chest and upper legs. :p

Hasblow registered 'Machine Rescue Robot' and 'Machine Robot Rescue'.

Them being low slug-like idiots, they first made a spelling error and then did some shitty research (they appear to have missed that which 'Machine Robo' has always been called in Europe).

Bandai owns 'Machine Robo Rescue'. I presume they also still own 'Robo Machine' and its derivatives.

Edited by Salamander