My Latest Project

Myersjessee

Well...I took nearly a year off from recasting to do some models and try some other things, but I got a chance to do some kits I could not pass up...here is where I am on my latest project...its about 10 pieces from being done....how does it look....and can anyone name it??? :);) Ill give you a hint...it's one of my favorites and fairly rare....

project.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

Damn....I guess I thought it would be harder! (sherlock me, I mixed up the parts to 2 kits.....trick question...or so I thought... ) DOH!

He shoots...he scores! :D:lol::p

Yep.....Its the BClub VF2J kits...Battroid and Icarus Fighter. I fell in love with the Icarus fighter a while back, and thanks to Monkey Nuggett, Shawn, and Seiichi I finally tracked down the kits....course I coudln't stand to have just one, so I started making molds so I could make extras.

For those of you who have not seen it, here are some VF2J pictures....man...MacrossII has it's problems, but I love this mecha!

blcub79_03.jpg

blcub79_04.jpg

Edited by Myersjessee

Wait till Yamato does a series on the M2 variants. Someone is going on a buying spree again. Beautiful kit Myersjessie and great find. Please show up pictures of the completed kit once you are done with it. Man where you guys find the time and energy for model kits especially those with family obilgations and work commitments. Really envy the energy and drive you have.

To me wife and family comes first, toys second, models sad to say last

:lol::D:p;)

Cheers

Recon....I hear that...and try to abide by the same rule...which is why these projects take me so long...I sneak in 30 minutes here and there before the kids get up, once they go to bed, and on weekends.

Everyone else...thank you for all the kind words...I am really happy with how these are coming out. Thanks to tips from members like MSLZ22, Valkyrie, Fulcy...and I am sure others I tried some new techniques on these molds and the little pieces really work far beyound what I thought I could pull off.

I do plan on offering some kits up for sale. I wanted some extras for myself, but I did think I could make some for other modelers who wanted them. I was thinking I would offer the kits seperatly, and bundle the fighter and battroid together for a cheaper price...probably won't be many, but Ill try. If your interested in one drop me a PM and Ill start making a list and working on pricing.

Also, If he still wants it, I will be sending one to WMCheng. I wanted to do something to thank him for all his model demos, they really saved my bacon and helped me TONS, so as a thank you from MacrossWorld to WM (if I can be so bold as say it's from all of us) Ill be sending one to him as well. (There is a selfish part of this "gift" I get to see how someone gets through all the tricks and traps and does it "perfectly" to base my build on! :o:D:p )

Thanks again all..and happy Turkey Day!

Recon....I hear that...and try to abide by the same rule...which is why these projects take me so long...I sneak in 30 minutes here and there before the kids get up, once they go to bed, and on weekends.

Everyone else...thank you for all the kind words...I am really happy with how these are coming out. Thanks to tips from members like MSLZ22, Valkyrie, Fulcy...and I am sure others I tried some new techniques on these molds and the little pieces really work far beyound what I thought I could pull off.

I do plan on offering some kits up for sale. I wanted some extras for myself, but I did think I could make some for other modelers who wanted them. I was thinking I would offer the kits seperatly, and bundle the fighter and battroid together for a cheaper price...probably won't be many, but Ill try. If your interested in one drop me a PM and Ill start making a list and working on pricing.

Also, If he still wants it, I will be sending one to WMCheng. I wanted to do something to thank him for all his model demos, they really saved my bacon and helped me TONS, so as a thank you from MacrossWorld to WM (if I can be so bold as say it's from all of us) Ill be sending one to him as well. (There is a selfish part of this "gift" I get to see how someone gets through all the tricks and traps and does it "perfectly" to base my build on! :o:D:p )

Thanks again all..and happy Turkey Day!

I hear you too Jessie! :lol: Work and family commitments usually are sufficient to wear a guy down, so i do work on my models on fridays nite, saturdays and maybe sundays sometimes. Sometime aint you wish your kids are all grown up and independent and you have retired with substantial savings to live comfortably, its then you can work on your models...kkeke :lol: But then again , when im old, would my hands be as steady and stable as now...i kind of doubt it.

Hope to see your finish works Jessie.

Cheers

Looks great Jesse! I also know about the family thing. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to get done everything you need to get done. I think we should petition someone to actaully make days longer...what do you think?

Rob

Ermmm....Rob that would be who to petition to? The Almighty one.... or your wife/kids or your boss to give you more free time?

hahha

:ph34r::lol:

Ahh....darned pricing...the most dreaded part of recasting...(for me anyways) I think I can make about 8 kits of good quality of each. Im working on the Metal Siren as well, but I think that will take a bit longer, so Im starting with the VF2J battroid and fighter. The fighter was really expensive, and has some tougher pieces so will be a bit more then the battroid, which has been very easy. I also really like them as a set though, so thought I would give some discounts if people wanted one of each. I also try to factor in the quality of the casts. I think these are good, some really good, but Im no Tanmen....the Bclub originals have some seam lines which will need to be sanded on the originals, but otherwise the casts have been bubble free and have a nice smooth surface....

So...right now I am thinking $45 for the VF2J Fighter, $30 for the VF2 Battroid, or $59 for both kits. I think this is a fair price range for them. (hope) Anyways, Ill post more in a for sale thread with some better pictures in a week or two when they are done. If your interested drop me a PM and Ill add your name to the list of people who are interested. I think I will start off saying one pair per person, unless they dont all sell...in which case I will have no problem selling multiples to individuals.

Thanks all for the positive feedback....I can't wait to post more pictures closeup of some of the detailed pieces from the VF2J and Metal Siren...what gorgeous kits they are...the head for the VF2J is amazing!

Black Aces, Monkey Nugget, or Valkyrie (and others) could probably answser this correctly...I really dont have any guides...but in terms of what they are selling for on Ebay and Yahoo Japan:

Metal Siren - seems to go for between $90 and $130. I have only seen 3 or 4 on Ebay in a year, and about the same number on Yahoo Japan

VF2J Battroid - $80 - $120 I have not seen one on Ebay, but I have seen like 5 on Yahoo Japan

VF2 Fighter - $140 - $200 - I have only seen 2 kits in all my searches of Yahoo Japan...never seen one on Ebay.

As for what they are worth...I dont know...but thats what the ones I have seen sold for.