Ghost In The Shell SAC Episode Guide

Myriad

Thanks for the link Myriad (too bad it's only updated to the 12th episode), it's also good to hear that Stand Alone Complex has been picked up for additional episodes (52 in total :ph34r: B) ).

I watched a few of the episodes and I must say I'm loving it. Kinda reminds me of the Cowboy Bebop Series which some episodes are stand alone but still follows a series time line.

BTW, anyone heard about the upcoming GITS II movie?

• 1 month later...

Alright, I anyone else keeping up with this series? I just watched Episodes 20 and 21, and it's probably the first (maybe second) time I've TWO back to back episodes about the Laughing Man arc. B) :p

Lemme tell ya.....you guys will LOVE Episode 21. Great shades of the movie.........

Alright, I anyone else keeping up with this series? I just watched Episodes 20 and 21, and it's probably the first (maybe second) time I've TWO back to back episodes about the Laughing Man arc. B) :p

Lemme tell ya.....you guys will LOVE Episode 21. Great shades of the movie.........

Did u get the file from the Torrent link on Baka Update? Because if u did, was the image correct, mine was all jumpy and all when they was movement :angry:

Did u get the file from the Torrent link on Baka Update? Because if u did, was the image correct, mine was all jumpy and all when they was movement :angry:

Actually I got the links from someone else (they were indeed Bit Torrent......LME fansubs.....not AonE), PM me if you want the Bit Torrent links to Eps. 20 and 21. BTW.......each episode was 174 MB's each. You probably didn't finish downloading the file....that's why the image was all jumpy (mine runs smooth).

"Saito! Hand that thing over!" B)

I cannot wait for the new GITS movie. Hopefully it's better than the first one.

Well, it can't exactly be WORSE.

Well, not while bearing any resemblance to Ghost in the Shell.

Some of us rabid Masamune Shirow fans may take exception to that, mister. ;) Then again, from my knick and avatar, you can probably tell my opinion is hardly unbiased.

While the original movie had some rather long lulls in the action and melodrama, I think it was masterfully done, even if not enitirely true to Shirow's manga. I haven't seen this entire series yet, but the dozen or so episodes I've seen so far are absolutely breathtaking and as good or better than anything out right now. It's actually very different from the movie - especially in the pacing department - with the only real similarities being the characters and world they inhabit. It still has all of the complicated plot devices and techno babble typical of Shirow's works, but you never feel like anything's dragging on for too long.

Give it a chance - if you don't like this series, there's obviously something horribly wrong with you. The good news is that it's nothing a full frontal lobotomy won't cure. :D:D:D

I cannot wait for the new GITS movie. Hopefully it's better than the first one.

Well, it can't exactly be WORSE.

Well, not while bearing any resemblance to Ghost in the Shell.

Some of us rabid Masamune Shirow fans may take exception to that, mister. ;) Then again, from my knick and avatar, you can probably tell my opinion is hardly unbiased.

Yup. Given a little time, I could probably tell you exactly what page that pic was from, too.

Being in color helps, as does the jungle environment. Lets me narrow it down a LOT. :)

While the original movie had some rather long lulls in the action and melodrama, I think it was masterfully done, even if not enitirely true to Shirow's manga.

Maybe I made a mistake reading the comics first. But if I'd seen the movie first, I likely never would've read anything of Shirow's.

As it is, I'm something of a fan. I've read the Shirow comics I have multiple times, kicked myself for not having the cash to grab other stuff when I found it, and recommended his work to others.

I still maintain that the point of the Ghost movie was to reduce Motoko from a strong female lead to a simmering pile of angsty crap.

I haven't seen this entire series yet, but the dozen or so episodes I've seen so far are absolutely breathtaking and as good or better than anything out right now.

Is someone fansubbing those?(ask another stupid question)

I've never really kept up with fansubs.

It's actually very different from the movie

Good!

with the only real similarities being the characters and world they inhabit.

Which characters return? Or do they just resemble the old characters?

It still has all of the complicated plot devices and techno babble typical of Shirow's works, but you never feel like anything's dragging on for too long.

YAY!

What I've seen of Shirow's works also tends to inject humor when things start getting too tense(some more than others, obviously). Is that there?

Give it a chance - if you don't like this series, there's obviously something horribly wrong with you.

Hey, I was just saying it would be damn near impossible for it to be worse than the movie while remaining a Ghost in the Shell product. Because, you know, I hated the movie.

The good news is that it's nothing a full frontal lobotomy won't cure. 

Heehee.

Yup. Given a little time, I could probably tell you exactly what page that pic was from, too.

Being in color helps, as does the jungle environment. Lets me narrow it down a LOT. :)

You'd have a heck of a time finding it - it was from one of the pages edited out in the N American version for being too .. (ahem) ... "naughty". ;) PM me if you want a jpeg of it.

Animeone, Anime-Kraze, Anime Junkies ... I think anbu did one too, but I can't remember. You can find them on IRC and Kazaa without too much trouble, and I know torrent links were available for a while. It's out there, and will be released in N America soon enough, if you're on diail-up.

Pretty much all of the main characters from the movie - Kusanagi (obviously), Batou, Aramaki, Ishikawa, Togusa. Maybe someone else that's escaping me at the moment.

What I've seen of Shirow's works also tends to inject humor when things start getting too tense(some more than others, obviously). Is that there?

I don't think that much - certainly not like the manga. It still has a more serious tone like the movie did, but there are the Tachikoma shorts that are kind of humerous.

Hey, I was just saying it would be damn near impossible for it to be worse than the movie while remaining a Ghost in the Shell product. Because, you know, I hated the movie.

Hey - not everyone liked it, because of how different it was from the manga it was based on. I liked it a lot, but don't deny it had some shortcomings. Hopefully the next one will be just that much better and make us all happy. :D

You'd have a heck of a time finding it - it was from one of the pages edited out in the N American version for being too .. (ahem) ... "naughty". ;) PM me if you want a jpeg of it.

WHEE! LESBIANS!

*ahem*

That is...

Errr...

I've seen them before.

Animeone, Anime-Kraze, Anime Junkies ... I think anbu did one too, but I can't remember. You can find them on IRC and Kazaa without too much trouble, and I know torrent links were available for a while. It's out there, and will be released in N America soon enough, if you're on diail-up.

Dialup? No need to be insulting. :)

Pretty much all of the main characters from the movie - Kusanagi (obviously), Batou, Aramaki, Ishikawa, Togusa. Maybe someone else that's escaping me at the moment.

Are they using the movie Kusanagi, the comic Kusanagi, or the original form?

I don't think that much - certainly not like the manga. It still has a more serious tone like the movie did, but there are the Tachikoma shorts that are kind of humerous.

Just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 22 is out and {suprise suprise) it's the first time they've done three complex episodes back to back to back. It's also muy caliente.........fan service is up there. :ph34r:

Episode 22 is out and {suprise suprise) it's the first time they've done three complex episodes back to back to back. It's also muy caliente.........fan service is up there. :ph34r:

It about time they did that, because the standalones were getting very boring.

Not to mention the removal of the Tachikomas have been the best thing to happen to the series.

Episode 22 is out and {suprise suprise) it's the first time they've done three complex episodes back to back to back. It's also muy caliente.........fan service is up there.  :ph34r:

Not to mention the removal of the Tachikomas have been the best thing to happen to the series.

I really miss those Tachikomas, they where really funny :D

Last 3 episodes where really great, finally laughing man again, I wonder what he uploaded to her :rolleyes:

Episode 22 is out and {suprise suprise) it's the first time they've done three complex episodes back to back to back. It's also muy caliente.........fan service is up there.  :ph34r:

Wow! Those were some good episodes. crap really hit the fan.