Hasegawa Super VF-1D Minmay

funaka

Well, I swore I had a thread going here but now I don't see it... Anyway, here's the latest:

I added some detail to the main thrusters as well as the reactor missile thrusters, which were just a flat plate:

VF1D_Prog-52.JPG

VF1D_Prog-53.JPG

Then I went to work painting the cockpit. It's like a kit in and of itself. You have to paint it, then clearcoat it. Then decal it. The clearcoat it. Then do a wash. Then clearcoat it. Then drybrush it. Did it all in a weekend of short spurts of work followed by waiting for clearcoats to dry. Those hasegawa decals are THICK it took a lot of MicroSol just to get them to stay in place, let alone conform to the shapes in the cockpit. Here's a series of pics showing the progression:

VF1D_Prog-54.JPG

VF1D_Prog-55.JPG

VF1D_Prog-56.JPG

VF1D_Prog-57.JPG

VF1D_Prog-58.JPG

VF1D_Prog-59.JPG

VF1D_Prog-60.JPG

VF1D_Prog-61.JPG

VF1D_Prog-62.JPG

VF1D_Prog-63.JPG

VF1D_Prog-64.JPG

VF1D_Prog-65.JPG

Starting last weekend I decided this kit needs more decals so I started rendering this. It will go in the circles on the side of the Super Booster Packs. I'm going to make a few more things like numbers and stuff and also some decals for my VF-25 while I'm at it. In the meantime the kit is primed and I'm doing round two of fixing seam lines.

MM07.jpg

Cockpit and pilots look great! Love the detailing. Fantastic work on the Minmay decal image too! Very talented. Keep up the great work! :D

Edited by jardann