which weaponized valk will inflict serious damage?

JET7

just a quick animated thought question,..

on which particular weapon armament setup will inflict or carry out the most potent damage to any moving or stationary enemy?

me and my macross friend just having a friendly debate about this :)

SETUP A

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

SETUP B

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

SETUP C

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8244.jpg

thanks for your answers :)

Edited by JET7

8 nukes on the wings and double strike cannons.

Oooh double strike....Good answer.

Depends on the purpose would be my answer. For Large hard targets like Warships and Carriers Reaction warheads and double strike would be the way to go. If I was strictly fighting fighters I would want 4X micro missile pods underwing and 2X micro missile pylons on the boosters.

IMO

Oooh double strike....Good answer.

Depends on the purpose would be my answer. For Large hard targets like Warships and Carriers Reaction warheads and double strike would be the way to go. If I was strictly fighting fighters I would want 4X micro missile pods underwing and 2X micro missile pylons on the boosters.

IMO

so, by ranking you would choose C, B, and A being the less potent weapon on the situation. right?

Stampede would probably be most deadly.

As pointed out, it depends on your target. If the target was ships, or fortresses, I'd say the RMS payload (A) would be the best payload, and the standard strike canon setup for secondary targets. This, of course, depends on the number of ships.

If you have one or two primary ship or base targets, and have a decent opposing secondary target, I'd take option B, with the standard strike setup.

Now, if there's nothing but Regults, fighter pods, and the sort, you'd probably want a spread of many missiles that will keep the enemy off concentrating on hitting you. You'd probably also want a weapon system that can track and destroy multiple targets, a few times over. For that, you'd probably want a full Micro missile payload, or the micro-missiles, with the larger missiles for maybe the one eyed larger ships (forgot what they're called). Then, I'd go for option c, with standard strike, or dual strike canon layout.

I'm not sure, but the missiles, based on what is shown in the shows, seem to have different properties. The RMS missiles seem to be a bit slower and easier to shoot down. The micro missiles seem very fast and maneuverable, but probably don't hit nearly as hard. Not sure about the medium sized ones, but that's what I get from seeing the show.

Actually, in terms of what the OP posted, I believe that it all depends, but for the most balanced situations, I think set up b or c would work best. Where as nukes are great an all, from what I have seen in macross, they a are a bit slower than regular missiles and less maneuverable as well. If you are up against a big or stationary target, then sure, set up A would be great, but for all other situations where the enemies are small and agile, i think a set like b or c with box missiles deliver a more effective payload.

Just my humble $0.02

EDIT: Just noticed that Jasonc posted nearly the identical thing. Sorry for the repitition, but yeah, I agree with him!

Edited by Archer

VF-25 with Armoured pack + reaction missiles or VF-25 with Tornado pack. Tornado pack is awesome.

Graham

I just saw the Bandai 1/72 model of the VF-25F Tornado set and it cost MORE than the armored 25S or F! That must be totally badass then. :D