The second batch of the season 6 episodes will start in June on Comedy Central. Prepare to laugh, cry, and throw up apparently this summer.

Hope you have a strong stomach for this.

Also, more good news everyone! The voice actors have been hinting that the series has been picked up for additional seasons, but today I think it's becoming more likely.

Futurama Renewed For Another Season

• 2 months later...

The throw-up warning is in full effect with the premiere episode having gender bending, with everyone!

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/tag/futurama/

Also notable is the season finale, which will be like an "Anthology of Interest" episode with one segment done in anime style. And surprisingly, it's going to have a Voltron parody that may actually look more like Voltron then a certain revival that came out recently.

Anime Leela and Bender

Anime Fry

Edited by Einherjar

girlfriend was making a big fuss cause I wanted to watch Jem on the hub lol so I got suckered with her cuteness to watch season 7. It waaaaassss......eh....there were a few chuckles but I wasn't sold yet.

girlfriend was making a big fuss cause I wanted to watch Jem on the hub lol so I got suckered with her cuteness to watch season 7. It waaaaassss......eh....there were a few chuckles but I wasn't sold yet.

...you wanted to watch Jem over Futurama? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So did anyone catch tonight's episode/season finale "Reincarnation?" In the third segment, I know I caught the "Alien Attack" theme from Robotech, the Battle of the Planets main theme, and some Voltron music as well. I know I'm missing some. Anyone else recognize anything else?

What I'd like to know is how they got the rights to use all that music. That was pretty cool though. Best finale ever!

What I'd like to know is how they got the rights to use all that music. That was pretty cool though. Best finale ever!

I guess they paid people to use them (Harmony Gold, World Events, etc.).

I thought that was the best episode of the season.

Edited by Einherjar

I guess they paid people to use them (Harmony Gold, World Events, etc.).

Maybe, mabye not. If anything is Parody then Futurama is it. If the clips were not too long they could use them without paying anything, there is a good chance they may have paid just to keep things friendly though.

Maybe, mabye not. If anything is Parody then Futurama is it. If the clips were not too long they could use them without paying anything, there is a good chance they may have paid just to keep things friendly though.

Actually, the crew said they licensed official music for the episode.

http://theinfosphere.org/Reincarnation

Robotech.com promoted it just before it aired.

• 3 weeks later...

It's contract time again, Fox always screws with the simpsons cast during contract time.

They also did it with the Futurama cast before it came back. I don't know, with the way things are going for this show, it's kind of depressing that the Simpsons crew agreed to cuts.

• 10 months later...