Thunderhawk was such a ubiquitous toy, it can still be found on the secondary market -- mint and complete, I mean -- for less than what Ramen Toy is asking for "Red Gullwing."

I'm not sure many collectors would consider it worth the upgrade, given how slavishly Ramen has stuck to the original toy design. 🤔

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Thunderhawk was such a ubiquitous toy, it can still be found on the secondary market -- mint and complete, I mean -- for less than what Ramen Toy is asking for "Red Gullwing."

I'm not sure many collectors would consider it worth the upgrade, given how slavishly Ramen has stuck to the original toy design. 🤔

I can se the interest since they are upgrading the pilot figures quite a bit and there are some of those toys that aren’t as easy to find.

22 hours ago, Big s said:

I can se the interest since they are upgrading the pilot figures quite a bit and there are some of those toys that aren’t as easy to find.

Agreed.  Red Gullwing is also an accurate car shape.  If I buy it I'd be happy with a brand new and updated toy.  I usually don't collect anything preowned, used, or opened.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, obakesan said:

so this is like an unlicensed repo right? Kenner was bought by Hasbro right so won't they just stop on this or they don't care. Heck why Hasbro doesn't do a run even limited or a haslab is bizarre. 

Hasbro hasn’t stopped these third party companies surprisingly enough and sometimes they end up partnering with some of them. I’ve seen quite a few third party toys and models from transformers and G.I. joe and other oddball toys and they’ve rarely been stopped. There’s even third party companies doing star wars and with all those big properties I kinda wonder if the strategy is to see how popular third party items are and then release the official item later since the demand is still there for the official one even when some third party items are better 

While I think its pretty cool that someone is trying to resurrect a neat 80s toy line,   I find the price point hard to swallow.      Red Gullwing looks pretty cool,  but a pre-order over $100?  and normally $170?    I don't see this line really going anywhere.      Not trying to Poo-poo this, as I like the idea, but I'm out. 

Having owned all the original MASK toys back in the day, it’s great to see this line get revived. I went back and watched the first episode again last night. Such a cool show, especially for its time. I think if there’s one piece to have, it’s Thunderhawk - the “hero valk” of MASK. And this new design looks fantastic.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Tober said:

I wonder how many people will lose interest after reading that the fins have to be attached. :unsure:

The first prototype they did, the fins looks like it comes out from the hood. Not sure what happened and why they changed it.