Square Enix Playarts Figs

Oh man, so excited for halo 4 figures... I'm getting the MC himself of course and I think I'll be picking up commander Palmer. I hope they do the generic spartan IV's in some armor permutations I dig. (if they do a protector armor I'll love them forever.)

I'm still getting the Issac Clark just because, but I wish they had gone with this gun and not the 3 barrel rifle since that plus the plasma cutter would actually more or less match my current in game weapon set.

DeadSpace3.jpg

again though, I hope they do some other suits. I kind of dig the archaeologist suit in DS3 and I really want to see some DS2 suits. the Elite advanced suit is still the best design form the entire franchise IMO.

also, I think it looks really strange but I really want their Wonder Woman for some reason... :unsure:

_DSC4446_1360527370.jpg

I think I want wonder woman, it's not so crazy like alternate batgirl, GL, flash and batman. Really curious to see how man of steel turns out.

I'm not gonna lie, the Batgirl, batman and flash look interesting just because they're so crazy and 90's anime. green lantern looks kind of ugly though

They're not bad sculpts at all, but maybe over-armored to what I'm used to. Maybe would like batgirl more if her nose was exposed like her regular mask. Have you notice the better knee joints on most of the new sculpts?

*edit:

Now it would be really cool If they did a Batman Beyond in that style.

Edited by Negotiator

They're not bad sculpts at all, but maybe over-armored to what I'm used to. Maybe would like batgirl more if her nose was exposed like her regular mask. Have you notice the better knee joints on most of the new sculpts?

now that you mention it yes. Comparing them to the old street fighter figs, they look a little more toy like and don't hide the joint as well when the leg is completely strait, but it seems like by doing it this way they're getting rid of the ridiculous telescoping knee joint which is a welcome change.

One thing that does worry me is that it looks like they're still using the same ankle joint design. That odd revoltech style joint isn't very precise and has been my main complaint with the play arts kai figures I've messed with up til now.

The play arts Halo 4's have been out in Japan for a while. I picked mine up while I was there.

DSC07203_zps5019e0c1.jpg

DSC07199_zps7adec2b4.jpg

DSC07168.jpg

DSC07175.jpg

Very nice figs. They even come with the stands you see in some of the pics.

Here's a comparison of the PAK Halo 4 vs PAK Halo Reach.

DSC07164.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Anyone have a list in detail on what or how many version of Halo series are out?

Halo Reach - All of Noble team and NYCC exclusive blue and red Noble 6

Halo CE - Master Chief, Red, Blue, Gold and Black Spartans (all same mold as MC), NYCC exlusive steel spartan

Halo 4 - Master Chief, Blue Spartan Warrior, Sarah Palmer and Spartan Soldier release date TBA

• 4 weeks later...

The white one is supposed to be an exclusive that was packaged with the game. A box set type deal.

It's exclusive to the EU limited edition, and the Konami Style limited edition in Asia. I bought one on ebay, and I must say the figure is pretty awesome. The only issue I have is the scabbard doesn't hang off the back too well. The arm mechanism can't hold it at a solid angle, but it's still my favorite PAK.

Actually, it is still available, PS3 or XBOX 360. Or if you're Kicker773, get both! ;)

LOL..no thanks I have no time to play anymore now that I got the Macross game and I haven't even started playing that. Shooting for this weekend hopefully and cross my fingers that I don't have to work.

Small display for now... I left the red one in the box and stored it. Wife was actually asking about it since it was one of the items I picked up from the Square Enix booth at SDCC last year.

DSC_0089_zps4fb8e52b.jpg

Edited by Kicker773

LOL..no thanks I have no time to play anymore now that I got the Macross game and I haven't even started playing that. Shooting for this weekend hopefully and cross my fingers that I don't have to work.

Small display for now... I left the red one in the box and stored it. Wife was actually asking about it since it was one of the items I picked up from the Square Enix booth at SDCC last year.

Yeah, I'm yet to break out the M: 30 myself... Or Revengence.

Nice display, but no Meryl?

anybody ever consider drafting up replacement wrist joints for KAIs on SHAPEWAYS?

the wrists are notoriously fragile on these things, particularly when attempting to swap out hands.

i just busted the left wrist on my sister's SOLID SNAKE attempting to do just that,

and though i got it back together with some super glue well enough, it would be nice to get a set of more durable replacements

in their "Strong and Flexible" in a shade of black...

• 1 month later...

Can't tell if sup's outfit has any texture because of the low quality pic. It looks ok. I don't have a decent superman fig yet. Zod, looks very good. The main con to all this is, is that S-E continues to test their consumers with yet another price creep.

Looked at all the same photos from various websites for the superman fig and scrutinizing trailer 3, there is no texture and the silver/metal neck line looks wrong on the toy. Unlikely they'll fix it since they haven't really fixed anything from when they reveal a prototype to production.

Actually, it is still available, PS3 or XBOX 360. Or if you're Kicker773, get both! ;)

Appreciate the link, just bit the bullet and ordered for PS3 since its impossible to find the white Play Arts Kai Raiden anywhere at a "decent" price.

Need to stop spending $...

-b.

Quick crappy scale pics with AA batman vs DK batman since no one on the internet thought to do this.... :unsure:

AA Batman is a step behind the rest of the figs in the group pic. He doesn't really feel that small in person compared to the DK figs.

post-10971-0-20872600-1366850479_thumb.jpg

post-10971-0-87632600-1366850466_thumb.jpg