HLJ's Yamato Spring Clearance Sale

UN Spacy

Ouch, first breakage report on my 1/60 VF-1A Max that I ordered from HLJ. I don't know if I was mistransforming it or something, but one of the hinges that holds the folding cover for the back-pack booster broke, so the cover fell off. Not too big a deal because its covered up somewhere inside during fighter mode, and when transformed, it just kinda sat there under the back - pack, but it still hurts watching a $100 + toy break somewhere :(

Oh wells, at least I didn't break an arm or something, and it was minor....

(it was my 1st transformation back to fighter from battroid btw, though I had to and from gerwalk to fighter multiple times)

Ouch, sorry to hear. The only problem I ever had on the ver 2 1/60 VF-1's is that I had a few that I could not get the peg by the intake to disengage easily. Nothing broke though, I just had to work at it slowly and it came loose.

Ouch, sorry to hear. The only problem I ever had on the ver 2 1/60 VF-1's is that I had a few that I could not get the peg by the intake to disengage easily. Nothing broke though, I just had to work at it slowly and it came loose.

Thanks. I worked with it yesterday and its not as bad as i initially thought. Sure, one of the hinges is gone, but the mechanism can still hold in place with the other hinge (left hinge broke, but right hinge is alright). This means that though it is loose, and can only stay in a full open, or full close position, its fine and can still be used as a part of the toy. Now the only issue i guess, beyond the looseness, would be the unsightly "break mark" where the hinge used to be :(

Ouch, first breakage report on my 1/60 VF-1A Max that I ordered from HLJ. I don't know if I was mistransforming it or something, but one of the hinges that holds the folding cover for the back-pack booster broke, so the cover fell off. Not too big a deal because its covered up somewhere inside during fighter mode, and when transformed, it just kinda sat there under the back - pack, but it still hurts watching a $100 + toy break somewhere :(

Oh wells, at least I didn't break an arm or something, and it was minor....

(it was my 1st transformation back to fighter from battroid btw, though I had to and from gerwalk to fighter multiple times)

Even if it turned out relatively okay that's still a bummer man. My VF-1A Max is one of my absolute favorite valks. I wouldn't be as calm as you if that had happened to me.

Yeah, believe me, I was bummed a bit (It was my first yamato valk actually). Dunno, but I was fairly gentle with the thing, and assumed that any amount of overpressure would break it (meaning I was pretty careful when I transformed it), and as I pointed out above, it was my 4th transformation with it.

Oh well, like I said, even though it bummed me out a bit, I can live :unsure:

Yeah, believe me, I was bummed a bit (It was my first yamato valk actually). Dunno, but I was fairly gentle with the thing, and assumed that any amount of overpressure would break it (meaning I was pretty careful when I transformed it), and as I pointed out above, it was my 4th transformation with it.

Oh well, like I said, even though it bummed me out a bit, I can live :unsure:

Don't worry, it's a rite of passage. It's worth it in the end. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...