HLJ's Yamato Spring Clearance Sale

UN Spacy

welp! the 2% stuff has ended and the exchange-rate's @ 82.84y right now, so i reckon you can order more stuff again. until the sale is over, that is. :p

anyway, my Milia-22s via SAL should finally be arriving this week (fingers crossed!).

decided to go ahead and order the Max-22s today, even tho I still don't have my Milia to really justify it. I reckon HLJ's inventory of the M&M's are prolly running out by now and reissues of 'em are unlikely the way the VF1v2 M&Ms went.

:sigh: if only the yf-21's got a better sale-price...

Is teh VF22 worth getting? AM thinking of getting the Max and Milla duo, or it worth just getting the Gamelin one?

I just got my Milia-22s today and the one thing that bothered me most as a negative is that it's obviously back-heavy in battroid-mode so free-standing her will take a bit of an effort and balancing.

She does stand fine on a regular pose, but mine was wanting either to do a bow and/or a split when I tried some wider stance poses. :wacko:

Prolly need to get a stand for her if you want her in exotic battroid-mode poses. Not sure if the Max/Gamlin/yf-21 have the same free-standing issues in battroid-mode since I have none of them, yet.

As such, the Fighter and Gerwalk modes were relatively fine, tho.

more add:

another thing to watch out for is that the rear landing-gears don't have any detents on my Milia, so consider when in fighter-mode.

You might as well check the VF-22S thread for more of the issues regarding the 21/22S.

post-263-0-55599800-1301627178_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

I just got my Milia-22s today and the one thing that bothered me most as a negative is that it's obviously back-heavy in battroid-mode so free-standing her will take a bit of an effort and balancing.

She does stand fine on a regular pose, but mine was wanting either to do a bow and/or a split when I tried some wider stance poses. :wacko:

Prolly need to get a stand for her if you want her in exotic battroid-mode poses. Not sure if the Max/Gamlin/yf-21 have the same free-standing issues in battroid-mode since I have none of them, yet.

As such, the Fighter and Gerwalk modes were relatively fine, tho.

don't forget to rotate the pilot in battroid mode ;)

i didn't.

i may have to use some paste to keep her on her seat properly. or just put her in reverse for a mooning position. :lol:

Did you purposely position her shoulders that way in your picture?

On Topic: I'm soo tempted to buy another Gamlin. YF-21 as well though I don't really fancy that cockpit.

Did you purposely position her shoulders that way in your picture?

On Topic: I'm soo tempted to buy another Gamlin. YF-21 as well though I don't really fancy that cockpit.

yup.

otherwise, she'll be touching her groin instead. :lol:

edit/add:

here's a shot with the shoulders regularly closed-in and a pilot-moonshot, since she keeps popping forward from her rotated seat when in battroid-mode. :p

post-263-0-02446100-1301734912_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

50% off? that is great, but fedex sucks though...the packages always get bang up and they don't even ring the door bell they just directly expect you not to be home and leave it by the side of the house...Hey what if some guy collecting soda cans see my package and takes it...not cool man

Since the sale appears to still be going, I just bit the bullet and ordered the Kakizaki Super Skull. LOVE that color scheme; I've been wanting one in 1/48 but this is even better!

I just got my Max VF-1A TV yesterday afternoon...kinda like it! Handsome kit! B))

TV Vermillion Squadron is now so close to be completed :)

Just grabbed:

1X 1/60 VF-1A Max TV

1X 1/60 VF-1A Kakizaki TV

I'm almost complete my vermillion squad too by adding the last Kakizaki! ;)

Wowza, there seems to be an orgy of orders from MW members :D I just ordered the YF-21 today, and the sale price is still good. Didn't it says somewhere on HLJ.com that the offer is only valid until 4th of April?

I'm skipping the VF-22 and YF-19 as I have a couple of hobby sellers in my country that still carries both for around US$150 per piece. That, and import tax is a butch. I initially wanted to order the YF-21 and the fold booster, but settled for just the YF-21. The fold booster pack will cost me from US$120 (just the YF-21) to US$210, still cheaper than YF-21 without sale, but I'm flying on fumes. So only the essentials (but are hobby items essential? :ph34r: )

Actually the pic on the HLJ site says the sale ends 6pm japanese time on april 8th. Hope that helps.

Man, I was so set on getting the 1/48 VF-1J but now I'm heavily leaning on getting VF-22 Millia. Actually, I'm all set on getting Millia but it just doesn't feel right getting Millia without Max. The only thing that bugs the cheapskate that I am, is that Millia is 65% and Max is 60%. Previously they went for 50% off if I'm not mistaken. I'm kinda wondering if this means next sale Max might be 65% off? Any clues from the more experienced frugal shoppers?

Max is probably more popular and/or there are less of him in stock. If 60% isn't enough of a discount then maybe you just don't find the toy all that compelling and maybe that's a sign you should pass. I was tempted to buy both but then I realized I didn't care about either and I'm happy with my Gamlin (which I think has a cooler color scheme anyway).

It's more like desperately trying not to buy a lot of yamato models and go down the slippery slope of collecting. Given the price even 5% discount adds up to something.

Edited by VitoP

Grabbed the 1/24 Patlabor CLAT... at 65% off, it is just too good of a deal to pass up. Also grabbed (an extra) 1/60 CF

i ordered a Patlabor CLAT too and got it a few weeks back. Good sculpt and figure, but unfortunately i'm not that impressed due to the color scheme. The dark blue all blends together and you can't see a lot of details on the figure. I kinda wish i got the original instead since i only wanted 1.

Its kinda like if you could only get 1 Masterpiece Optimus prime mold, and you got Ultra Magnus instead of an original prime. Kinda dissapointing, but oh well!

I am so sorely tempted to buy a TV Kaki. I have just enough, but it means I can only spend about $20 on this "last hurrah" weekend before my work gets crazy-busy...

Gawd damn it! Placed my order a bit late for the VF-0A at $100- but I did order the following before the sale ended:

1. VF-1A CF x 4

2. GBP armor x 4

3. Max VF-1A Strike set

4. Kakizaki VF-1A Strike set

5. Super Strike armor set x 2