HLJ's Yamato Spring Clearance Sale

UN Spacy

Ok guys, so I got my order of my first 1/60 VF-1. What I noticed after taking it out of the box though, is that it is insanely tight! Like it took me 20 minutes just to pull out one of the feet. Is this general with new 1/60's or is my copy just incredibly tight?

Secondly, how do you guys manage to move around and angle the arms in GERWALK mode? It just seems as though I can't really angle them outward nor can I really move them around freely due to the wing obstructions. Any ideas?

My big shipment took 7 days on the dot from Order Acknowledgement to my front doorstep with EMS.

Same here. Ordered, acknowledged 3/14, received 3/21.

I haven't posted in a long time, but I think this deserves a reply. I do not know why the International media is trying to MIS-inform (I guess for ratings), but there is absolutely no such "meltdown" problems here. I am in Tokyo but even speaking to friends in the northeast region there are no serious warnings or such (at least not like CNN or other such media is trying to convey). Some might say that the government is trying to cover it up, but I spoke to Earthquake professors at my University (Tokyo University), which are advisors to the Prime Minister and they also say there is no problem. I guess a magnitude 9.0 earthquake alone is no match to Charlie Sheen in ratings, but making stuff up...

Ok guys, so I got my order of my first 1/60 VF-1. What I noticed after taking it out of the box though, is that it is insanely tight! Like it took me 20 minutes just to pull out one of the feet. Is this general with new 1/60's or is my copy just incredibly tight?

That's pretty normal for most of us. You're just not used to it, yet, but you'll get used to it soon.

Secondly, how do you guys manage to move around and angle the arms in GERWALK mode? It just seems as though I can't really angle them outward nor can I really move them around freely due to the wing obstructions. Any ideas?

eh?

not sure what you're talking about, but you can check out the pics from the manual first. just don't force nor rush anything on it. relax and figure out how and what needs to be turned and stuff.

that said, there are prolly several vids from Graham and the others on how to handle your valk and stuff.

Just like Treatment said above, it's wiser to read the manual book and browse around this site or youtube of 1/60 VF-1 review.

I dunno if you already knew this, but some 1/60 VF-1 products are notoriously have a problem with shoulder joints. Be careful not to break it man. ^_^

Try to loosen the screws on the legs first. I always do that to a new VF-1. Tighten it to your taste.

Also, remove the shoulder armors (be gentle!) and loosen the screws for the shoulders too. Then you won't risk stressing the shoulders because they are too tight to move.

Finally took advantage of the sale. Just getting a 1/60 mass prod. VF-1A. If hey had the VE-1, I'd be all over that. Wish I could find one more of those.

Fat chance on the VE-1 - they are going for around US$400 on eBay. Hopefully we will see a reissue.

Fat chance on the VE-1 - they are going for around US$400 on eBay. Hopefully we will see a reissue.

damn, and I felt uneasy about dropping the $160 when it first came out... :wacko:

Thanks for the tips guys! I got the Max DYRL version, which I heard was rumored to be safe in terms of shoulders. Anyways, I got the thing to transform, and its a bit easier now, and I was able to move the arms and position them the way I like in GERWALK mode. Unfortunately, one of my landing gear doors is a bit loose, but that is no real biggie.

Really fun model though!

Yeah, I've noticed. I've got one, but need another for a psycho custom project (I know, I'm nuts). Even just paying the standard retail would be great for me at this point.

damn, and I felt uneasy about dropping the $160 when it first came out... :wacko:

Usually at any price over $100, my initial instinct is to wince a bit. However, I usually pay out for the good Macross items anyways. Having a high quality VE-1 finally made was high on my list of purchases.

Thanks for the tips guys! I got the Max DYRL version, which I heard was rumored to be safe in terms of shoulders. Anyways, I got the thing to transform, and its a bit easier now, and I was able to move the arms and position them the way I like in GERWALK mode. Unfortunately, one of my landing gear doors is a bit loose, but that is no real biggie.

Really fun model though!

they're really even more awesome being posed on yammie-stands! :D

Damn, just broke down and bought a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J and a 1/60 VF-1A cannon fodder and I just registered for the Primus package for Botcon and bought a set of DC Universe wave 16. So much money! Still can't decide if I wanna open all my Macross stuff and then sell the doubles (I used to buy 2 of each if I planned on opening one but that was before I got married).

i just ordered the VF-1A TV Max via SAL.. :D

Man, you won't be disappointed. I think it's easily the best VF-1 in my whole collection; I still have 5 of the original V1(?) planes, 2 1/48's and a 1/100 Toynami. This blows the V1's away! I've been leery of buying a V2 due to the shoulder issue, but this was one I couldn't pass up. I am SO happy with it! Took me 2 days of playing with it before I did my usual ritualistic application of the stickers. Same with the Gamlin. Man, the 22 is one sweet plane!

And speaking of stickers, does anyone know of someone offering actual stickers for the OD Tomahawk? Mine only came with waterslide decals, which I just can't stand putting on toys I play with. I don't know if they ever included stickers with the Destroids or not.

*Edit--Does anyone know how the shoulders are on the Grey Goggle Hikaru J? Being a late 2010 release I would assume it's safe, but I'd like to know from someone who has one.

Edited by The Nighthawk

Damn, just broke down and bought a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J and a 1/60 VF-1A cannon fodder and I just registered for the Primus package for Botcon and bought a set of DC Universe wave 16. So much money! Still can't decide if I wanna open all my Macross stuff and then sell the doubles (I used to buy 2 of each if I planned on opening one but that was before I got married).

Dude that VF-1J is a great score, I'd open it, that price is a GREAT bargain, lowest I've ever seen it offered by an etailer, even before the recession! Not to mention it's a great toy. Just wish the right hip on mine wasn't freaking loose!

Man, you won't be disappointed. I think it's easily the best VF-1 in my whole collection; I still have 5 of the original V1(?) planes, 2 1/48's and a 1/100 Toynami. This blows the V1's away! I've been leery of buying a V2 due to the shoulder issue, but this was one I couldn't pass up. I am SO happy with it! Took me 2 days of playing with it before I did my usual ritualistic application of the stickers. Same with the Gamlin. Man, the 22 is one sweet plane!

And speaking of stickers, does anyone know of someone offering actual stickers for the OD Tomahawk? Mine only came with waterslide decals, which I just can't stand putting on toys I play with. I don't know if they ever included stickers with the Destroids or not.

*Edit--Does anyone know how the shoulders are on the Grey Goggle Hikaru J? Being a late 2010 release I would assume it's safe, but I'd like to know from someone who has one.

Thanks! I definately wont be disappointed because i got 7 VF-1 on hand now.. :) So i'm hoping to get VE-1 possibly B))

Want the CF 1A but still not sure - what am I looking at?? -- $95 with shipping? Want it to be $65 total...

Don't we all wish for that price. I just ordered one on HLJ but for $65 you'd probably just get a V1 CF VF-1A. Still, I think $100 is actually worth it since the V2 is so awesome. If I ever found some V2 for under $70, I'd buy them all and hide them from my wife. :D

I just got my VF-22S Sturmvogel II Milia from the sale, and it is really an amazing toy and mecha to behold. I never really grasped how big and beefy it looked, until I put it next to my YF-19 Bird of Prey and VF-25F DX.

Twich

Yeah after I bought Max, it was a week before I had to order Millia. Can't have one without another. Gamlin is fantastic too. In fact any Sturmvogel II is delicious. It's my weak spot, my wallet will absolutely hate me if Yamato decides to release half a dozen new paint variants. ^_^