Whats is your most priceless Macross Item?

SilentCrossHairs

((EDIT; She's now mine♥ about two weeks of shipping from HK and she'll arrive!! ♥ :lol:♥ ))

i just sold off my two well used 1/48s (DYRL VF-1A and -1S 1st.Ed.)to a fellow MWer,

and i've now more than enough for the GUTTO KURU Minmay. i should have her soon... :lol:

GuttoKuruFigureCollection-LynnMinmayNon-ScalePVCStatue.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Toys not really but Macross DYRL - Sega Saturn !

i've a copy of that too!

i use a SEGA SATURN with a GAME SHARK cheat cartridge in it's accessory cartridge slot.

one of the SATURN GAME SHARK's "hidden" "Easter Egg" features

is it's ability to override the SATURN's regional lockout,

enabling one to play japanese or any other foreign NTSC-video standard

game disc on their U.S. market SATURN.

i played through and cleared the SS DYRL game on my first sitting.

it's not a terribly difficult space-shooter game, especially for those

that have grown up on with the likes of say, the legendary THUNDER FORCE shooter series.

now THOSE are TOUGH AS NAILS games!!

still, SS DYRL is a fun, different way to experience DYRL, and one of the few "Good" MACROSS VGs out there...

Edited by Shaorin

Wile I have no plans on selling anything from my Macross collection anytime soon and is a lineup that should remain reletivly consistent for the distant future, if I had to narrow it down to a select few I would say:

- Bandai DX Chogokin 1/60 Koeing Monster

- Yamato 1/60 VF-0S w/Ghost Booster

- Yamato 1/60 VF-11B

The price of Megahouse Don't Be Late Sheryl Nome. $55.

The price of Megahouse Seikan Hikou Ranka Lee $60.

The price of AX admission and concert ticket. $65

The price of the flight and hotel while in Los Angeles. $120.

Being one of the last four to get May'n and Megumi Nakajima's signature on their Megahouse figures during my last day in attendance while waiting in line for several hours fighting amidst hundreds of ravenous otaku and incompetent AX staff. Priceless.

Edited by UN Spacy

Hrrm. My most priceless Macross possession has to be my 1983 Minmay art cards that I had autographed in person by Mari Iijima and the memories/photos of that night. I had quite an evening hanging out with her after a rare NYC concert. We talked for a long time, hugged, took some photos, and she even asked if I'd be willing to wait for her to finish up with other folks at her merch table so we could continue talking outside ("we'll get a better picture out there," she said with a big smile). At one point her manager/friend teased her about finding a "new boyfriend!" :o:wub: She blushed and said "he's getting married!!" That's what I get for mentioning my wife and I were planning on playing "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka" at our wedding.

Toy-wise? My faves are my 1/48 VF-1A Low Viz and my Max and Milia focused shelf.

Well, when it comes to monetary value

it would probably be

SDF-1 1/3000

1/48 Stealth Fast/Strike

and the VF-1A Low-Vis being the only one that would maybe even turn a profit when selling

When it comes to emotional value, any attempt at confiscating my hobby collection (Anime - Macross / guitars) will be met with deadly force

Edited by Nightdare

I would have to say my 1/48 Stealth w Super Parts, Macross Quarter, 1/60 Special Anniversary YF-19. I love my other valks but they are just not that special to me as those 2.

Since most are listing more than one item, I will go with:

1/48 Low Vis version 1

1/48 Super/Strike Stealth

1/60 VF-1A Angel bird

1/60 VF-X

1/3000 SDF-1

1/60 GBP with missile effects

I also have a 1/60 VF-1S Low Vis coming today......

Screw it, my whole yamato 1/48 and 1/60 v2 collection :p

Edited by Loop

My whole collection is priceless to me. Not to mention the fact that the many of them are either hard to find these days, or sold out.

I'm with GU-11 on this, considering a price of a macross valk in my country is easily half of an average worker's paycheck.

I bleed thru for my nose for even one of the valks (and plus thru my ears for the SDF-1!) :p

has anybody noticed that the yamato sdf-1 was not picked??? Guess it wasnt the holy grail afterall, haha!!!

I'm gonna have to end that. Ever since I saw DYRL? (in it's wonderfully crappy Clash of the Bionoids dub), I wanted that SDF-1. Glad that Yamato made the 1:3000 version.

i've a copy of that too!

i use a SEGA SATURN with a GAME SHARK cheat cartridge in it's accessory cartridge slot.

one of the SATURN GAME SHARK's "hidden" "Easter Egg" features

is it's ability to override the SATURN's regional lockout,

enabling one to play japanese or any other foreign NTSC-video standard

game disc on their U.S. market SATURN.

i played through and cleared the SS DYRL game on my first sitting.

it's not a terribly difficult space-shooter game, especially for those

that have grown up on with the likes of say, the legendary THUNDER FORCE shooter series.

now THOSE are TOUGH AS NAILS games!!

still, SS DYRL is a fun, different way to experience DYRL, and one of the few "Good" MACROSS VGs out there...

For me, it has the best opening of all time from all the other games.

Yamato 1/4 Minmay

Yamato 1/48 Low Vis 1

Mlz 1/72 Monster

Captain America 1/72 collection

Anazazi custom 1/48 decals

Hot Toys 1/6 collection.. yes not Macross but worth a fortune now...

Everything else can be replaced! :D

Edited by Neova

Whats is your most priceless Macross Item?

ALL of this;

MACROSSCOLLEJOHN3-23-111.jpg

MACROSSCOLLEJOHN3-23-112.jpg

* YAMATO 1/60v.II VF-1J ICHIJO TV TYPE

* BANDAI 1/72 HCM VF-1J ICHIJO TV TYPE

* CM's CORP. 1/8 "GUTTO KURU" Lynn Minmay

* VICTOR/JVC MACROSS; THE COMPLETE three CD SDF;M/DYRL/FB 2012 OST SET (NOT PICTURED)

* MACROSS CHRONICLE MAGAZINE Vol.1 (with large detailed article covering the Ichijo TV VF-1J)

(i have a transparent plastic ring binder envelope bound into the magazine, between the last page and back cover,

that neatly contains the instruction manuals and HCM file cards for both 1Js)

make no mistake, there is LOTS MORE MACROSS crap out there that i very much want to own.

that in mind, the items shown above are what i've always wanted the most,

and THE essential core set of MACROSS merch. for me.

i'd loath to contemplate living without it... ^_^

Edited by Shaorin

.if i was to say most expensive...i would have to say my roy masterpiece robotech bookends...i saw one going for sale on ebay for 1200 recently..to buy only option...if i said my most prized it would have to be my low vis 1/48 scale valk....

roflmao!

that's 1200 in pennies, right?

:lol:

NEGATIVE HOMIE....it might still be up as this was only a couple days ago....

roflmao!

that's 1200 in pennies, right?

:lol:

and btw its still up for that price....i have seen these sell for 700 on the bay at least 2x....SO u can stop rotflyao cuz its still up on the bay for that price... ;):p