Kinda wished Favraeu was still at the helm for this third film. He really showed in the commentary to Iron Man 2 that he understands how the fans will dissect a bit or scene. And his responses to those assumed criticism were pretty well thought out.

Also,he wasn't afraid to admit something along the lines of "Yeah, I know this is a bunch of bullsh*t, but this is how Tony cures himself and makes a new, never discovered before periodic element."

Never seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. But the fact that this new director is attached to Death Note has me intrigued.

RDJ gets director approval and is most likely why Black got the job.

I also wish Favraeu stayed but he was rushed with IM2 which he intended for 2011 release, I think he did a prety good job despite, but it seemed like he had the next few movies mapped out. But like Eugimon said, Marvel kept shoehorning the Avengers storyline into it and pressed for the 2010 sequel.

RDJ gets director approval and is most likely why Black got the job.

I also wish Favraeu stayed but he was rushed with IM2 which he intended for 2011 release, I think he did a prety good job despite, but it seemed like he had the next few movies mapped out. But like Eugimon said, Marvel kept shoehorning the Avengers storyline into it and pressed for the 2010 sequel.

Yeah, "rushed" was certainly the name of the game with IM2.

If RDJ has director approval, how come he doesn't direct it himself??

lol. because he's a good enough actor to know that he's not up to the job. That's like saying if Charlie Sheen can pay anyone to f___ why not just f___ himself. :lol:

Oh, don't worry, the day when Charlie Sheen well and truly f____'s himself is approaching rapidly.

• 1 year later...

I'm excited about this project, especially with Robert Downey Jr. returning (always love his movies), but I wonder how far they'll take the whole "Mark" thing for the suit. With a Mark 7 assumed for avengers, and two more for Iron Man 3, I think his continuous suit upgrades seem a little rediculous (and I hate having to collect each reiteration from Hot Toys, but the collector in me forces me to do so).

I'm excited about this project, especially with Robert Downey Jr. returning (always love his movies), but I wonder how far they'll take the whole "Mark" thing for the suit. With a Mark 7 assumed for avengers, and two more for Iron Man 3, I think his continuous suit upgrades seem a little rediculous (and I hate having to collect each reiteration from Hot Toys, but the collector in me forces me to do so).

From what I've heard...

They might include some things from The Avengers involving nanotechnology. And that Marvel Studios is running the production with the idea that Stark is constantly evolving the suit every time we see him. So the Mark 7 suit might not even make it to Iron Man 3. We might be on Mark 8 by the time that movie shows up

I wonder how much of Avengers plot and or references will be carried on to Iron Man 3...

It's also going to carry over to Captain America 2 and probably Thor 2. They'll still be separate entities, but they'll draw some minor things from The Avengers. I've heard (and felt) Marvel Studios liking this idea of a linked movie universe. I'd find it unlikely since Sony Pictures currently has the rights to the Spiderman-movies, but if Samuel Jackson shows up in Amazing Spiderman, I won't be surprised.

• 1 month later...

Yeah..

Rhodes took the Mk2, USAF gives it to Hammer Industries and they make War Machine. Hammer goes to jail.

Rhodes is still in the Air Force, guess, so the War Machine is under US government control so who builds and operates Iron Patriot?

Can it be Norman, do we have a Sony Disney crossover?

Edit:

More photos: http://www.comicschronicles.fr/2012/05/spoiler-iron-patriot-debarque-dans-iron-man-3/

Also new suit looks more like Iron Angelbird. Should be more like http://marvel.wikia...._megamike75.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory

Iron Man 3

He flies and flights with

After reading that article and finding out who that actor is, I found out he's playing the character Eric Savin. The comic version of Savin is a cyborg named Coldblood. I'm not sure how close to the comic they will keep it considering how whiplash was a mix of blacklash and the crimson dynamo. I wouldn't mind if he was a mix of coldblood/guardsman/iron patriot. It would also be cool if this guy is a wounded veteran given cyborg replacements or maybe bring back that hammer test pilot that got his back broken in Iron Man 2 that the CEO was adamant about surviving the accident.

blah, i could give 2 sh*ts about suits... is Tony gonna deal with his DRINKING PROBLEM? thats what i want to see, something that hits home for the actor himself (just as long as he doesnt hit the rocks himself mind you)...