Animated cartoon "Macross 30" TV production hope!

Mari-ja

How about making a movie of the VF-X games starring Aegis Focker?

I think fans have been wanting an OVA for VF-X2 for years. Such a good story for a game, especially considering how bad the first one was. at this point, I kind of doubt it'll happen.

I think fans have been wanting an OVA for VF-X2 for years. Such a good story for a game, especially considering how bad the first one was. at this point, I kind of doubt it'll happen.

Agreed. Also, I don't think that Kawamori-san et al like to recycle stories that much. Sure, there are movie versions of SDFM and MF, but they are somewhat to substantially new material.

I look forward to the next Macross production, but I fear it's going to be similar to what Macross F has ended up becoming.

Also, I don't think that Kawamori-san et al like to recycle stories that much.

I know. I've just feel that having it as a PlayStation game limited the audience. Especially since the TV shows, movies, and OVAs can enjoy re-releases on tape, laser disc, DVD, Blu-ray, iTunes, etc. Best VF-X2 can hope for is to show up in the PlayStation Network.

I know. I've just feel that having it as a PlayStation game limited the audience. Especially since the TV shows, movies, and OVAs can enjoy re-releases on tape, laser disc, DVD, Blu-ray, iTunes, etc. Best VF-X2 can hope for is to show up in the PlayStation Network.

The animated segments and opening were re-released on the 20th anniversary DVD. So, it isn't completely unavailable outside of the PS1.

this may be off topic but:

I always wished they could make Macross The Origin into an anime...

ain't this the best chance? 30th anniversary and yet another remake of the original...

though it might be too much...i think the original deserves more modern CG technology love XD

Macross 7 would be nice...but the original would be lot more awesome...plus, you get to get more people into the original macross franchise, rather than the indirect way of Frontier..which is very very different..

Who agrees with me? ;)

this may be off topic but:

I always wished they could make Macross The Origin into an anime...

Maross The Origin = Macross the First?

I think he was referring to Macross The First...

Anyway, I think that would be nice, but would not happen.

For the 30th anniversary, I think that it will either an original OVA or a OVA sequel/sidestory to Frontier. I don't think that they will adapt any of the video games, they want a more original story.

For the Macross 7 sequel or movie retelling, not going to happen. 7 had the TV series and Dynamite 7, and I think that is enough.

He also said he was done with Macross in general at one time...

That was before he got rooked back into the franchise while trying to get funding for a script that has since become Macross Plus...

Macross II was BigWest and Bandai's venture into a Macross production without him and it really didn't do that well (I blame the weak ass story myself...)

However, I am still hopeful for some sort of anime based on Mikimoto's new SDF Macross manga. I am really liking how that story is being told.

• 2 weeks later...

Anime "Macross" It is the 30th anniversary in 2012, I had filled all the fans waiting for the resurrection of the Macross 7 So, I'll do a signature activity. Macross 7 in the works since before the OVA Dynamite7 unchanged, leaving the character of Macross FlashBack 2012 Lynn Minmay been restored, and the good works of the 30th anniversary of those changed the name of the piece is not. As the latter, they are invited to celebration of the music on the planet we Basara four years after the whale galaxy, the trap this fact of life antimatter evil universe (the devil), and new developments in place covering it Lynn Minmay The largest fleet of culture puts additional protocol ride. Please look forward to you. Shoji Kawamori Director cast we were doing the original character designs in Macross and Macross 7 and earlier, and Haruhiko Mikimoto Teacher voice and the music of Macross Song Singer Song Writer everyone should be happy your doing better and Mari Iijima Like me. The committee launched its activities, so do

This address can sign it without having to register, please feel free to sign!

Signature TV-anime "Macross 30"TV production like! Sign in now

what is this? i dont even,whattt? 30th anno series or something?

see:

Essentially, what Mari-ja posted is an appeal for signatures/support for a fan petition to have a direct sequel to Macross 7 made. Mari-ja has posted this exactly thing several times before, and gets pretty much the same "Say what?" and "meh" reaction every time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a series for the 30th anniversary, but M7? No. I like M7, but not that much. I'd rather see a redo of original Macross like what Macross the First is doing. But, truth be told, I think Macross is sailing quite high with Macross Frontier, and I expect they won't want to move onto other series and have to compete with its own series.

If they follow the standard pattern, the next thing is an OVA featuring more militaristic themes (M+ with it's fighter research program, MZero with its attention to intense dogfights). I would rather that they explore more of the destroids, maybe an update of the Octos from MZero.

What about a giant valkyrie like that gundam in Tokio? I mean, a 1:1 scale battroid. That would be more than great to celebrate the 30th anniversary. Along with a mini concert... Freakin' awesome!!! I wouldn't care for a new tv series!

post-4165-0-90089000-1299798931_thumb.jpg

A Macross 7 sequel petition? I`m starting my own petition, just quote this post and put your name down if you actively oppose a Macross 7 sequel. No sequel is better than a Macross 7 sequel I say.

A Macross 7 sequel petition? I`m starting my own petition, just quote this post and put your name down if you actively oppose a Macross 7 sequel. No sequel is better than a Macross 7 sequel I say.

That's lovely. You know, I don't like blue cheese but I'm not going to go out of my way to ensure it is wiped off the face of the earth. Those that like it are free to enjoy it. As fruitless as this petition may turn out to be, what's the harm?

For anyone who's lost right now, I was telling Mari-ja that he'd have trouble getting overseas signatures for his petition due to the trademark disputes, i.e. petitioning for a show we will never be able to watch legally. He told me Animax broadcasts the Macross series and it has satellite stations outside of Japan, so "I don't think so". Then I told him to look at Wikipedia and the HG thread. Then he told me to not change the subject and that WE MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE MEGAROAD!!!!11

以上、英語で皆様のために先程のやいとりをまとめました。では、Mari-jaさん、頑張ってください。 :rolleyes:

I remember back in the heyday of this bulletin board, Keith, Myself, and a few others used to regularly butt heads on this issue. Some of us (myself included... Exo might've been another, it's been years, so I can't remember) seemed to think it was a viable story option to tell, even if it seemed likely that it could come to no good end. Keith and a few others (Kawamori himself could be counted among this number too, as I recall... he showed little interest in persuing the idea) posited that that particular story arc was "done" and little more could be said. They rode off into the proverbial sunset and that was that.

I'm still holding out hope for more of a Macross analog to the "08th MS Team" idea. That is to say, a SpaceWar I Story arc featuring an average joe squadron. Not the ultimate heroes of the war, but rather "the little guys" as it were. Properly computer-animated VF-1s would be the cats-ass, and there's plenty of story potential there.

Just my two cents... back to ultra-lurker mode.

I'm still holding out hope for more of a Macross analog to the "08th MS Team" idea. That is to say, a SpaceWar I Story arc featuring an average joe squadron. Not the ultimate heroes of the war, but rather "the little guys" as it were. Properly computer-animated VF-1s would be the cats-ass, and there's plenty of story potential there.

Just my two cents... back to ultra-lurker mode.

That would be cool, but why settle for properly computer animated VF-1s? Why not aim for properly HAND animated VF-1s, like with every episode being on par with episode 18 of SDFM? Now add widescreen and high resolution capture and you have something special that old and new anime fans could appreciate.

That would be cool, but why settle for properly computer animated VF-1s? Why not aim for properly HAND animated VF-1s, like with every episode being on par with episode 18 of SDFM? Now add widescreen and high resolution capture and you have something special that old and new anime fans could appreciate.

That would, I think, be MUCH too expensive to make.

That would, I think, be MUCH too expensive to make.

Not to mention time consuming, though I don't think any of us deny that properly hand-drawn and animated valkyries would be anything less than gorgeous (see: DYRL).

The whole reason I threw in "computer animated" is because it is easier to design and animate a consistently detailed model so you don't run into things like screwed up paintjobs in certain animation frames, or suddenly sprouting a new weapon appendage, etc that lead to confusion. One of the biggest single gripes I had about SDFM over DYRL was the inconsistency of the animefriend-animated episodes. Everything looked under-detailed, out of proportion, the list goes on... By comparison, the episodes that Studio Nue took the time to do themselves (the aforementioned episode 18, or the first 2 episodes for example) where the characters and valkyries were beautifully drawn and consistently animated (well, moreso than their animefriend counterparts anyhow) are absolutely gorgeous animation. While I admit that computer animation takes some of the "warmness" (for lack of a better word) out of the whole process, it provides these results consistently, which is ultimately more desirable to me.

Changing directions for a moment:

Upon some reflection on the matter, I decided that if I had one reservation about my previous idea of an 08th MS Team-style story, It's the anime nation's propensity for changing details of the history with each retelling. It is the rare anime series that doesn't have it's continuity chopped to pieces when prequels or side stories are added to it

Votoms kinda pulled that of with the Pailsen files 12 ep. ova but after Frontier I don't see Macross take that direction again. I dread the next project might be closer to Infinite Stratos then any 8th MS type stories.

For gods sake, studio nue is not an animation studio and youre confusing animefriend with starpro. ive been repeating myself for years.

TATSUNOKO PRO did all the in-house animation for SDF-M, as well as ALL of DYRL, correct?