• 3 weeks later...

Ok, other than the director at the beginning this trailer almost has me sold on this being a fun, maybe not good, but fun movie. I like the bit with SLJ asking why we can use ED robots overseas but not in america. It calls out the whole drone debate in the news nicely.

Hm, I wanna see it, I do. Only problem is it doesn't have that same Umpf as the original did. It feels like a generic super effects scifi flick. I'm not complaining, I'll go see it, but I'm not expecting to be wowed off my seat.

After looking at the play Arts figures, I didn't realize that it is more than just a recolor between the classic colored 1.0 and the Black colored 3.0, but the armor is different as well. The 1.0 is so much better looking in both color and style than the 3.0. The 1.0 just looks more robotic to me with the more narrow waist and more angular parts.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I was curious because most Cyberpunk/Cyborg movies end up being called a rip off of GITS.

A lot of the modern genre film makers do get their inspirations from Shirow and other manga/anime but a lot of the 70/80s science fiction writers in america, japan and other parts of the world read a lot of science fiction books from authors such as Heinlein and Philip K. Dick. If you read and watch Heavy Metal, there's a ton of shorts that are filled with fantasy and sci-fi. But yeah... Shirow's GiTS set the stage for a lot of the feel of today's cyberpunk tech.