• 1 month later...

Hey look... it's Iron Man 4. fook this. Why would they bomb him and not have a shoot up with some of the main villains? Why is S. L. J. in this movie? The only good thing I can see is Michael Keaton back in a real film. Utter shite.

So sick of the total amalgamation of every super-hero/80's film.

Edited by Gakken85

Why do you all feel the need to be movie critics and nit pick all the time? We get that the era of really good movies are all but over so why can't we just enjoy them for what they are, entertainment? You want brilliant plot and character development go read a book. Call me a simpleton but when I go to the movies I want to enjoy it without having to think too much about every single scene and pick them apart and list all the reasons why it doesn't make sense or whatever.

Why do you all feel the need to be movie critics and nit pick all the time? We get that the era of really good movies are all but over so why can't we just enjoy them for what they are, entertainment? You want brilliant plot and character development go read a book. Call me a simpleton but when I go to the movies I want to enjoy it without having to think too much about every single scene and pick them apart and list all the reasons why it doesn't make sense or whatever.

Plenty of good films to be seen. And the trailer looks like crap. I call it like I see it. I've been cruising around online checking out the general response to the trailer; it's universally bad.

The movie does look better then I thought it would though.

Ain't post-production great? :D

Why do you all feel the need to be movie critics and nit pick all the time?

Because that's what the interwebs does ALL THE TIME.

I like the ED-209 and drones walking down the street and laying waste to anything that moves. :)

Heavy usage of CGI...*sigh*

Guest davidwhangchoi

"it gives him the illusion of free will." That's an illusion most of the human race lives under. It doesn't exist.

??? sounds like a scary cult...

Robocop, was violence with a witty script, humorously absurd to describe truths in society.

This movie doesn't look to have that same witty humor but a decent drama of morals/choices.

Saw the original movie back in the late 80's, and since then I was a Robo fan, so I will say this:

Awesome trailer is awesome. Looks like a good modern reboot with a different story. It's great it's not a 1:1 retelling of the original.

Too bad they went with the black suit, the silver one in the trailer looks amazing!

Really looking forward to this.

Edited by OmegaD3k

The laugh out loud moment of the trailer, "it gives him the illusion of free will." That's an illusion most of the human race lives under. It doesn't exist.

Nah, the LOL moment was "You need to speak to your son!" LOL!!

Visually it looks great, and I quite like the updated designs - more particularly the silver suit than the black. What I'm a little worried about is the 'what did you do to me' thing we have happening with Murphy. In the original there was a quiet dignity to Murphy as his humanity emerged - slowly - from his transformation. It was like he was waking up from being asleep and was thrilling to see. Hopefully, Kinamman's Murphy undergoes a similar metamorphosis, but I guess this is a new movie with a new story to tell. I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt and will certainly be seeing it.

For Verhoeven fans - I will be at a quiet social event with an main actor from one of Verhoeven's earlier movies in a few days. Hopefully I can pump him for crazy Verhoeven stories!

What I'm a little worried about is the 'what did you do to me' thing we have happening with Murphy. In the original there was a quiet dignity to Murphy as his humanity emerged - slowly - from his transformation. It was like he was waking up from being asleep and was thrilling to see.

I think you have nailed one of my main concerns there. For all of the comedy in the original, Murphy's loss of humanity was one of the sadder story elements and it was done *very* well. Just the way he says "Leave me alone", realising that he has lost his humanity AND his family is really well done. I fear that this part of the story has been stuffed around with and I think that the humor has been corrupted as well. Too bad.

I probably will go to see this in the cinema though.

One of the hospitals I worked at was a major burn center for northern Minnesota, and the surrounding area. My major beef with the trailer was the "4th Degree burns over 80% of his body" line. Dude should have looked like a charcoal briquette, but instead he's got an unblemished face and hand.

I'm optimistic about it. I'll watch it on release in the theater. I actually like the cast too.

Black armor with red not nearly as cool as silver with ...blue which signifies Law Enforcement.

Would be mega cool if he starts out black and somehow gets retrofitted with silver, but it kinda seems the other way around in the trailer...or are they pulling the fake out and it is black then silver.

Would not want a 100% rehash of the original. I already own it on Bluray

Looks like he has an actual gun and not a Taser

The hand doesn't bother me

Holstered gun out of the leg

I'm actually looking forward to it.

??? sounds like a scary cult...

Robocop, was violence with a witty script, humorously absurd to describe truths in society.

This movie doesn't look to have that same witty humor but a decent drama of morals/choices.

Exactly. There was a time when movies were allowed to make social commentary while being over the top. The original Robocop was one of those movies from the 1980s and still holds up with its dated effects. This movie feels like an oddball all-action sequal, except with a different cop who happens to share the same last name.

Exactly. There was a time when movies were allowed to make social commentary while being over the top.

There are still movies like that being made. "District 9" is the first to come to mind. "Three Kings" is next (yeah, 1999 isn't exactly recent, but it's certainly more recent than 1987).

I don't understand how this trailer is so bad. Even the trailer for the awful Total Recall remake enticed me to give that film a chance. This Robocop trailer is simple, uninspired, poorly-acted...a disaster on almost every level. It even has the obligatory call-back to a line from the original. The only thing I liked was the modern special effects. Well, if the marketing was shooting for rock bottom, they hit the Earth's core.

Still, this could be indavertently entertaining. If the film is as bad as the trailer, I can't wait for the slashfilm review podcast :)

There are still movies like that being made. "District 9" is the first to come to mind. "Three Kings" is next (yeah, 1999 isn't exactly recent, but it's certainly more recent than 1987).

Ah, Distirct 9 was great, albeit a risk. But you are right, it just seems as though they are the exception these days.