Favorite Miyazaki Film

What is your Favorite Miyazaki Film?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Miyazaki Film?

• Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
    • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
    • Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    • My Neighbor Totoro
    • Kiki's Delivery Service
    • Porco Rosso
    • Princess Mononoke
    • Spirited Away
    • Howl's Moving Castle
    • Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

• 6 months later...

Didn't think this post deserves it's own thread, so a little necromancy is in order.

For the love of my own financial solvency, someone convince me that I mustn't order this. I've been collecting and building all Sankei's Ghibli releases, and I desparately want this one too. :lol:

http://www.hlj.com/product/ske84713

611 dollars for a paper craft book! Good god. I would have a heart attack building that since any small mistake would be catastrophic.

By the way, Laputa for me with Nausicaa a close second. Laputa was the first movie I ever saw when I was a wee lad in Hong Kong.

I had to go for Laputa because it is a superior fantasy in every respect, but almost everything else is a close second. I like Nausicaä for much the same reason as Laputa; Porco Rosso because it's cool in era, location and aeroplanes; Mononoke because of its unrelenting violence which makes it stick out from the Ghibli crowd, and Spirited Away because the artwork is IMO unbeaten in anime.

Not keen of Howl's Moving Castle (because it could have been a much bigger story), somehow never been in the mood for Lupin III and I haven't felt the need to watch Ponyo. Your poll is missing a lot of the non/semi-fantasy Ghibli anime other than Kiki and Totoro, which I like to watch just for the amazing recreation of modern-day (or whatever-day) Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

Man it is a tough call.

Nausicaa has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and saw the heavily edited Warriors of the Wind on HBO(taped that and wore out the VHS)

2nd would be Lupin.

Tie for 3rd would be Porco Rosso and Laputa.

Even the worst Miyazaki films beat many others.

There's a ton of stuff I would have loved about Ponyo as a little kid...

...most of all if my favorite toy boat ran by a candle became big enough to ride. Living by the seaside and communicating with your dad in his fishing boat thru morse code.