Advice for display stands

Nicaragua

I've got two of the old Yamato "launch arms" and three Flight Pose stands in use now and they both have their pros and cons. I like the look of the Flight Pose ones and the fact that they work with my Bandai Valks, but the Yamato ones are very stable and there's less fiddling and screw adjustment in order to get a position that will securely hold up a Valk.

I'm still in the market for Yamato's Mighty Block Stands.

If you have a few you're willing to sell me lemme know.

Does anyone know which VF's they won't support?

Has anyone tried putting a YF-21 or SV-51 on it? :blink:

I'm still in the market for Yamato's Mighty Block Stands.

If you have a few you're willing to sell me lemme know.

Does anyone know which VF's they won't support?

Has anyone tried putting a YF-21 or SV-51 on it? :blink:

Mighty block stands are my favorites, you can really make all the in-flight displays you want with them.

The YF-21 will work fine, the connection plug is compatible with both mighty blocks and the hefty Yamato valkyrie display stand.

SV-51 is the only valk I know of that isn't made to work with the mighty block, I don't know if Yamato's Monster connector is compatible.

However I could plug the SV-51 on a mighty block by using a connector provided with Yamato's valk display stand. I had to mod it a bit and then it snaps on the SV-51's fighter stand connector.

The only valk I had problems with rigging on the mighty block so far is the VF-0A equipped with the ghost booster.... that thing is so heavy that it has to be balanced carefully or it will topple on either side if bumped even moderately. Mine did, nothing broken though but finding and putting back the 2 million pieces back together can cause severe madness.

as for the yamato valks

IMG_4647.jpg

i bought some picture,plate holder? :lol:

IMG_4733.jpg

the best thing about it is that it holds and its cheap :D

Ok, now that is rather awesome and creative. I might need to go grab a few of those.

I usually display my valks in a similar pose, but without the support stand. I just stand them on a shelf, and balance them by playing with how far I open the feet. VF-1s will stand fine on their own, even with fast packs, but things like the YF-19 and VF-11 need something to lean against. Then there's the oddballs like the YF-21/VF-22 and SV-51, which don't like to stand on their engines in fighter mode. These little stands would save a ton of space compared with the massive chunky stands they came with.

My concern is, how hard is it to balance the YF-19/VF-11, or maybe a VF-25/VF-27 on these? I think everything else has nice open toes to catch those hooks, but those particular valks have big solid pointed toes that seem like they might make catching a good foothold (hah) on these stands a bit tricky.

heads up, guys.

The Mighty Block Stand is coming back at hlj:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34700

Are we looking at the right link because that one says they have no stock, arent taking pre-orders, and that they dont have any information from the manufacturers as to when the iten will be back in stock.

Or is this some lame April fools joke ?

Edited by Nicaragua

Are we looking at the right link because that one says they have no stock, arent taking pre-orders, and that they dont have any information from the manufacturers as to when the iten will be back in stock.

Or is this some lame April fools joke ?

it wasn't a joke.

"Order Stop" means their preorder-quota has been filled-up.

it wasn't a joke.

"Order Stop" means their preorder-quota has been filled-up.

In this case i dont think it does because i had 3 on pre-order for ages and i got an email from them on the 3rd March saying...

"Despite many months of attempting to locate stock on the item(s) shown

below, we have been unsuccessful. We have contacted the manufacturer and

understand that, at this time, they have no plans to produce any more in

the foreseeable future. As such, we have removed the following item(s)

from your outstanding order.

>YMT34700, Mighty Block #01 Yamato Display Stand Clear Blue

If you have any other sources for this, we recommend that you use them as

we doubt we will be able to get additional stock.

Thanks for your patience, and thank you for using HobbyLink Japan."

In this case i dont think it does because i had 3 on pre-order for ages and i got an email from them on the 3rd March saying...

uhmm, in this case, you simply just missed out on this latest restock.

so better luck next time.

fwiw, i'm hoping my hlj confirmation-email for it ain't a joke, either.

Edited by treatment

update:

Was checking my bank recently and two hlj-payments were just posted, but one of amounts was not quite what I was expecting.

After checking my hlj-account for recent orders, it seems like hlj did managed to get me at least two of my five yammie-block orders back in 4/1. as shown from my attachment.

weird. wish I got all five, but two stands should be ok for now.

anybody else also ordered their yammie-blocks from when I posted on 4/1, got the hlj cancel-email, and still got some shipped?

post-263-0-78427800-1302923866_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking into this thread myself recently and it really got me thinking. Yamato really needs to give us more options regarding stands here because right now our choices are rather limited IMO.

The products that exist for the most part are ok. The launcher arms stands are of great quality but are waay too expensive for a stand IMO. The other recent offerings were a little better price wise but they're not sturdy enough for more extreme poses. Many ppl buy stands just for that reason as well, if Graham or anyone out there are listening I think it's a good idea that they provide some more options for stand products.

I was looking into this thread myself recently and it really got me thinking. Yamato really needs to give us more options regarding stands here because right now our choices are rather limited IMO.

The products that exist for the most part are ok. The launcher arms stands are of great quality but are waay too expensive for a stand IMO. The other recent offerings were a little better price wise but they're not sturdy enough for more extreme poses. Many ppl buy stands just for that reason as well, if Graham or anyone out there are listening I think it's a good idea that they provide some more options for stand products.

So say we all

• 2 years later...

It would be a great help if you could actually buy the launch arm stands for MSRP. But since Yamato is no longer all hope is lost.

Maybe Arcadia picks the designs up if they start with their Valkyrie production once again.

The stand design does not have to be fancy for my tastes. For example I really like the Bandai stands for the Renewals. They are easy modifiable, do a good job holding the Valkyrie and you don't need to fiddle with your toy to attach them.

As a plus they have a nicely designed and painted base. The only thing that would be extra nice is a label that describe what is displayed on the stand.