Variable Fighter Master File VF-25 Messiah

• 2 weeks later...

Started translation: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2746.msg42308#msg42308

Not much so far. Basically the wing armaments outline and optional Super Parts Wing Booster Unit weapons.

Actually, just looking at the book now and counting the micro-missiles and the cutaway FAST Pack drawing shows 320 micro-missiles!

Graham

Not sure what is going on with that. Artistic license? My money is on the missiles surrounding both a missile-launcher feeding mechanism and an extra-propellant tank - one that isn't normally loaded for a standard sortie.

Started translation: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2746.msg42308#msg42308

Not much so far. Basically the wing armaments outline and optional Super Parts Wing Booster Unit weapons.

Not sure what is going on with that. Artistic license? My money is on the missiles surrounding both a missile-launcher feeding mechanism and an extra-propellant tank - one that isn't normally loaded for a standard sortie.

In any case I bookmarked that thread for reference (planning a fic to be written sometime in a couple of years). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thankful I preordered mine as well, I love books with schematics of scifi stuff. I even have the older 'Robotech/Macross' book with all the VF-1 stuff, as well as from Macross II. But none of hose compare to the Master File series. Luckily I was able to get both VF-1 books and the VF-11 book as well. Love the exact scale (1:144) drawings. Oly drawback is that I can't read Japanese. A translation would be great, I'm sure there is a market for that.

Was there a VF-11 Master File book out that I missed? I thought I got all of them?! Is it still available? When did it come out?

No, I think he just made a typo and meant "VF-19 Master File". The only ones out are vol 1 and 2 (Space Wing) of VF-1, VF-19, and VF-25. 4 in total.

Remko, there are some people who are translating the books. Sketchley has the most, which you can find in the link in his sig. The only ones beyond that I know for sure are myself and Seto Kaiba, but we don't have much posted, unlike Sketchley (who is doing a good job with these books).

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2746.msg42308#msg42308 This is the link he posted a few posts up with his work on the VF-25 Master File book.

Speaking of other master file books - on page 108 of the 2nd VF-1 book, there is an image cover for a master file book on the VF-4, VF-3000 & the VF-5000 - with a small paragraph, anyone care to shed some light on this? Also, a VF-11 master file would be dreamy :D

Also on page 22 of the VF-19 master file, there is a pic of the XVF-19-1; which looks like a VF-11/YF-19 hybrid, very very cool. Any more info on this bird?

I don't have my copy of the book out with me right now, so I can't answer the question about the mockup cover, but the XYF-19-1 is a VF-11 modified to test the YF-19's forward-swept wing and some of the avionics.

Speaking of other master file books - on page 108 of the 2nd VF-1 book, there is an image cover for a master file book on the VF-4, VF-3000 & the VF-5000 - with a small paragraph, anyone care to shed some light on this? Also, a VF-11 master file would be dreamy :D

That was already covered in the topic dedicated to that book (VF-1 Space Wings).

Look it up for the full answer.

The short answer is: the cover is just an image (a what if), and the text is about the 3 VFs; mostly on the VF-4.

VF-25 Master File book is available again at HLJ. for those who missed out, like me...

"discontinued" a couple of weeks ago and they told me they wouldn't be getting any soon <_< ... saw the status upgraded to "backordered" a couple of days ago and now it's "in-stock". :)

getting this and the VF-1 vol. 1 to complete the series (whose status changed to "low stock" when i punched in my order).

Edited by m0n5t3r

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the typo. I meant the VF-19 book of course.

Just took a look at the books again. The funny thing about the VF-19 & VF-25 books are the "VIP" versions. Would be nice to have a VF-fighter as your private luxury jet!! B)) B))

I bet a second VF-25 book is in the making, showing more of the armored FAST packs. I also hope they will release the Macross master files. SDF-1, Macross 25 etc. Perhaps joined in a single book. A VF-27 and VF-0 (with SV-51 perhaps) would be great as well. A book showing the Destroids would also be nice.

BTW, this may have been brought up already, but after rewatching Macross Zero recently, I noticed that Ozma's VF-25S Messiah's head is extremely similar to the head of the Bird-Human. Anyone else noticed this as well?

Edited by Remko

Just took a look at the books again. The funny thing about the VF-19 & VF-25 books are the "VIP" versions. Would be nice to have a VF-fighter as your private luxury jet!! B)) B))

's not a commercial market thing... the "VIP-caliber" and "VIP-Messiah" transport conversions are intended to ferry around the higher ranking mukkity-muks when they visit the individual theaters during a war. I can't remember which model of bomber they favored for that kind of thing, but a couple generals (as well as Winston Churchill) used converted bombers as their personal transports during World War II. (IIRC, Churchill's was a converted B-24 Liberator II)

I bet a second VF-25 book is in the making, showing more of the armored FAST packs. I also hope they will release the Macross master files. SDF-1, Macross 25 etc. Perhaps joined in a single book. A VF-27 and VF-0 (with SV-51 perhaps) would be great as well. A book showing the Destroids would also be nice.

It seems unlikely, but maybe they've decided to intersperse them with other publications again... AFAIK the next book GAGraphic is working on is a similar thing for Metal Armor Dragonar.

BTW, this may have been brought up already, but after rewatching Macross Zero recently, I noticed that Ozma's VF-25S Messiah's head is extremely similar to the head of the Bird-Human. Anyone else noticed this as well?

I've heard that said of the VF-27's head... but not the VF-25S's.