DX VF-171?

dreadpyrat

The VF-171 was featured pretty prominently towards the very end of MacFrontier. Will we ever see a DX toy for it? I imagine whoever were to make it (Bandai?) could milk the mold for some obvious variants like the RVF, the EX, Super EX and the one with the huge fin where the gunpod would normally go (dont know what that variant was called.)

unfortunately predict to see this toy yamato has to realese the vf 17 first or the opposite

seems to me that the companies are waiting to see what do the front to make a production decision despite that should be a secure bet on sales that is really matter to the companies

If you want a VF-171 / VF-171EX / RVF-171 toys, the only choice at the moment is the 1/250 scale fighter mode toys from series 4 of Bandai's Macross Fighter Collection. Quite nice little toys actually.

I expect we will see a VF-17 from Yamato before we see a VF-171 DX from Bandai.

Graham

If you want a VF-171 / VF-171EX / RVF-171 toys, the only choice at the moment is the 1/250 scale fighter mode toys from series 4 of Bandai's Macross Fighter Collection. Quite nice littel toys actually.

I expect we will see a VF-17 from Yamato before we see a VF-171 DX from Bandai.

Graham

Is this foreshadowing of a 17 to come? I certainly hope so.

While I absolutely love the 171, I can't stand the VF-17. It just looks a lot chunkier and boxier, which is something I do not like at all.

That said, since the former is a derivative of the latter, it can't be too hard to modify...

I thought I am the only one -

I also love VF-171, but dislike VF-17.

Me three, the 17 does little for me while the 171 looks like an elegant evolution of the VF-25.

i can agree with that too...

but these guys are totally different styles...even if they are mostly the same fighter...

but either way i like em both :blink:

personally I like the VF-17 better than the 171. it's chunkier, has a better paint scheme, and the S head is cooler. Also, we've got all these great Macross 7 toys to go with a VF-17, There are no good Frontier toys to display the VF-171 with. :p

I far prefer the VF-17, but I'd still love to get a DX (or any other) 171.

Same here. Sorta hoping for a Hi Metal VF-17S (just to have my S-type collection in that scale), but I'd like ANYTHING of a VF-171. It's really pretty sad that it hasn't gotten any love at all in merchandising. Not even the EX, which Alto and Luca piloted! It's totally not fair.

yeah i would really love a 1/60 VF-171 but don't care too much for a VF-17. It'd be nice if Bandai could do one as they have the current license and also so that it'd "match" the other mac. F toys better...which for better or worse already exist (i'm a fan despite ALL the friggin flaws...and they are many!). I'm hoping they are just waiting for the second movie to release them or something.

I used to like the 171 more than the 17 but the more I look at the two side-by-side the more I'm digging the chunkiness of the 17, especially the Battroid. The Gerwalk is especially weak on both modes (imo) which is usually my favorite mode, so there's no tie breaker there for me. The Fighter mode of the 17 also more closely resembles a real-world fighter which is also a plus to me personally.