Four or Five Years Later. . .

Mog

I threw up the following post as a joke WAY back when the 1/60 YF-21 was still just rumors and speculation.

Pretty interesting to see how many of these actually came to fruition in the past 4 to 5 years (even if some of them were released in a different scale).

Items already released or scheduled to be released have been crossed out below:

What if we're going about this the wrong way? What if the "2007_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!" really means that Yamato will be breaking out 21 SEPARATE releases/re-issues in 2007?! :blink:

Imagine a 2007 with:

1. Fold Booster and Fast Packs for YF-19

2. 1/60 YF-21(with Fast Packs)

3. 1/60 VF-11 (with Fast Packs)

4. 1/48 VF-4

5. 1/60 SV-51

6. Large-scale SDF-1 (TV-style)

7. Large-scale SDF-1 (DYRL-style)

8. 1/48 VF-1D Trainer made in 1/60 scale instead, but perfect transformation

9. 1/48 Super Ostrich made in 1/60 scale instead, but perfect transformation

10. 1/48 Elintseeker made in 1/60 scale instead, but perfect transformation

11. 1/48 VF-1A Max (TV-style) (with Zentraedi clothes ala "Big Escape," complete with in-scale figures of Hik', Misa, and Kakizaki that fit in the front pocket!) Zentraedi disguise in 1/60 scale instead

12. 1/48 VF-1A Kakizaki (TV-style)

13. 1/48 VF-1? Alaska Base colors

14. 1/48 Super VF-1J Max re-issue

15. 1/48 Super VF-1J Milia re-issue

16. 1/48 Fast Packs (TV-style) with Navy/Dark Blue or Gray colors done in 1/60 scale instead

17. 1/60 or 1/48 Regult (with articulated figure)

18. 1/60 or 1/48 Glaug (with articulated figure)

19. 1/60 or 1/48 VARIABLE Glaug

20. 1/60 Q-Rau Purple (DYRL-style)

21. 1/60 Q-Rau Green (TV-style)

21a. Shrinking wallet (with pefect transformation) Probably the most accurate prediction :lol:

The sad part is I'm sure I could probably come up with even more release ideas (both the crazy and somewhat plausible variety).

Biggest noteable omissions in that list are the VF-0 Reactive armor, a few remaining Destroids, and anything M7 related.

So, any proverbial Macross "holy grails" still out there or missing from the above list?

i'm pretty happy with what YAMATO has done since, myself.

about the only things i'd like to see from them that hasn't already seen release

are 1/60 renditions of the VF-2S and VF-2JA "Icarus" from MACROSS II;

VF-2JA1.gif

VF-2JA2.gif

VF-2JA3.gif

VF-2JA4.gif

honestly, though, i've plenty of catching up to do, with or without these MAC II mecha.

with both the 1/60v.II and the 1986 BANDAI HCM of my favorite VF-1 variant (Ichijo VF-1J T.V.)

forming the base of my Valk collection, i've the YF-19, VF-11C, and perhaps the YF-21 and VF-0S

as well to acquire to complete my planned collection.

i think any possible YAMATO MAC II Valks would have to take a back seat to those for me...

Edited by Shaorin

That second pic is pure LOL!

The VF-0D was so cose and now so far. The MZero line must have sucked for Yamato's pockets; even the "Dobber" scheme for the SV-51 got lost in limbo.

I don't think the Macross Zero releases did well. I'm actually surprised Nora's SV-51 didn't sell out quickly when it was heavily clearanced at HLJ more than once. It was there for quite a while, and even with EMS shipping, the price was a steal, for something that big and with the MSRP it carried.

The fact that it only took a few months for the VF-0 Renewal Versions last year to be clearanced wasn't a good sign either. If anything I think the shoulder issues that plagued everything before the Renewal VF-0 releases(aside from the 0S/Ghost bundle) scared fans off from buying later releases.

That or Macross Zero just wasn't that popular in Japan. It's a shame really, because the sculpts are wonderful, I don't think Yamato would revise the sculpts on the VF-0 and SV-51. Quality control could have been a lot better, and the seeping rubber from the shoulder sockets on my Renewal VF-0's is irritating.

Maybe the VF-0 toys were too ambitious for their time, I dunno, but they feel very dated compared to Yamato's V2 1/60 VF-1 toys. The torn/seeping rubber issues on my VF-0's has not occurred at all on my V2 1/60 VF-1's, and though they share similar designs, the V2 1/60 VF-1 is far more refined.

As impossible as chances may be, I still hope for a VF-0D by Yamato.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

A VF-0D would be badass. I personally love my SV-51, and I don't think the Nora sold well because well, the Nora scheme just wasn't that popular, Ivanov on the other hand sold out quick and nobody has it anymore, except ebay, for a steep price. I'm hoping for a VF-4 or a VF-0D, maybe a VF-2SS, but not a VF-17, I find that thing ugly.

A VF-0D would be badass. I personally love my SV-51, and I don't think the Nora sold well because well, the Nora scheme just wasn't that popular, Ivanov on the other hand sold out quick and nobody has it anymore, except ebay, for a steep price. I'm hoping for a VF-4 or a VF-0D, maybe a VF-2SS, but not a VF-17, I find that thing ugly.

I know, right? The 0D was my favorite zero design! But from what I've read the Zero line didn't sell enough to warrant a new mold. But one can still hope!

Cool list. I don't know if I'd scratch the Regult off that list... technically, maybe but not really a production item. Big scale DYRL SDF-1 is...

Cool list. I don't know if I'd scratch the Regult off that list... technically, maybe but not really a production item. Big scale DYRL SDF-1 is...

Sad but true. We still may NEVER see a scaled Regult, outside of the modeling world.

The 1/2000 SDF-1 is a model, so I'd still like to see a toy in that scale. But, as much as I've been bitching about the price of the 1/3000 SDF-1 toy, the retail for a 1/2000 or larger SDF toy would probably give me a heart attack.

Fighter mode is an absolute beauty on the VF-4.

I just don't dig the top-heavy design of the battroid.

For me, a VF-171EX Super Nightmare Plus would be nice (especially, if it was made in the cannon fodder teal color :wub: ).