Would you buy a 'Macross The First' VF-1J?

Graham

Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 'Macross the First' version Yamato 1/60 VF-1J?

• Yes.
    • No.

What if it's a 1/48 V2? I still dream of such a thing. That line wouldn't need to be complete but if it had the production quality of today's Yamato offerings plus more bells and whistles, more points of articulation, etc... anyway, if they went that route I'd hope they'd give us the original Mac toys before anything Macross the First.

The 1/48 line is dead. It's almost wasted posting saying you'd only get it in this scale, or prefer this scale. Yamato doesn't do 1/48s anymore, and why would they piss off their fans who are collecting the current line, by switching (yet again) the scales? The articulation of the 1/60 line is justa as good, if not better, than the 1/48 line IMO, and it's less pricey as there's less mass for the same thing.

If they do make this it'd be awesome to have, but I think the real push point would be the new Fast Packs to go along with them. Throw those in, and I'll have to explain to my wallet why I'm starving him once again.

I've been messing with my single 1/48 a lot lately, it is a fantastic toy. That being said, everything else I own Macross wise is 1/60. I love that all major releases, even across companies, is the same scale and I've never been one to care much for scale.

I still need to hop on the 1/60 v2 VF-1 train and I want this release. I know nothing about it other than I think it looks damn cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, I'll buy it if Arcadia will release it. It will really goes together with the rest of my Red & Stripe scheme collections. Good to know that it's also Hikaru's. :lol:

I'm just not too fond of the newly designed head so what I will do probably is when it's displayed in Battroid mode, I'll use the regular 1J head. ;)

As for the packs - Super Attacker, Super Cruiser, Super Maneuver, not so sure... :wacko:

I really like the new 1J color scheme but those new packs are overkill. It removes the simplicity of the VF-1's. :unsure:

I'm just not too fond of the newly designed head so what I will do probably is when it's displayed in Battroid mode, I'll use the regular 1J head. ;)

You mean like this?

VF-1J_kit_04.jpg

Actually, I'd like a MtF VF-1J head.....calling Kurisama...come in Kurisama.... :rolleyes:

Instant buys for me if Arcadia ever decides on releasing MtF VFs and Super Packs....

You mean like this?

Actually, I'd like a MtF VF-1J head.....calling Kurisama...come in Kurisama.... :rolleyes:

Instant buys for me if Arcadia ever decides on releasing MtF VFs and Super Packs....

Nice! Was that done using the Yamato unpainted kit? Cool looking dude. Now you made me second think about that new head. :lol:

I'd be all over those Reaction Warhead Super Packs. Pretty cool looking to me.

What pack are those Reaction Warhead Packs from? Attacker, Cruiser, or Maneuver?

How about anything new from Arcadia.

lol

Besides the announced VF-0D? Is Arcadia just being careful with their releases? 1 new Valk a year?

What pack are those Reaction Warhead Packs from? Attacker, Cruiser, or Maneuver?

Cruiser. Though, without the dippy nose armor, Maneuver is pretty cool looking too. It's largely just the shorter boosters from the Elint Seeker but with a different portion on the front of the packs.

Arcadia seems to be sticking to one mold per year, but that doesn't mean we might not see repaints of existing molds.

They clearly still have the 1J molds, so the question is really just about whether they could turn a profit releasing a repaint of it.

Biggest issue I can see is that it's not a simple repaint by any means, so you're probably looking at a similar price point to the 30th edition VF-1J, which seems to be keeping shelves everywhere from developing frostbite. The Hikaru and Fokker releases seem to be doing fine so far though. Big question is whether MtF has enough fanbase to sell another design, even if it's a familiar character.

Personally, I still think the scheme is too busy, with nonsense lines and pinstripes all over it, which kills the old fashioned military look the SDFM schemes had. It doesn't look bad exactly, but it doesn't look right to me.

When I saw Miki at animazement last year on a macross panel he said he didn't draw Mechs, so I doubt he designed it. I think he just draws up the characters and writes the story.

I believe he has secondary animators do the mech animations.

Either way, I love this scheme, and the head. Reminds me of the Palladium RPG artworks. Looks classic 80s' but with a twist. Would buy.

Would love to see it with a Macross the first Minmay and Miki box art.

It's begging to be made by Arcadia.

Edited by Gakken85

I do like the updated head design and paint scheme, although you just can't beat the classics. Back when Yamato was still around, the answer would have been a resounding yes. I'm not so keen on paying Arcadia prices, however.

I do like the updated head design and paint scheme, although you just can't beat the classics. Back when Yamato was still around, the answer would have been a resounding yes. I'm not so keen on paying Arcadia prices, however.

Yeah, that's a really good point. I also don't see Arcadia taking this type of risk so soon. Maybe if Macross the First was wildly popular or if Arcadia saw very strong sales from other projects they'd be apt to give this a go. But as it stands...loooooonnnnnggggg shot.

-b.

Yeah, that's a really good point. I also don't see Arcadia taking this type of risk so soon. Maybe if Macross the First was wildly popular or if Arcadia saw very strong sales from other projects they'd be apt to give this a go. But as it stands...loooooonnnnnggggg shot.

-b.

For that to happen it needs to become an anime on japanese TV.

For that to happen it needs to become an anime on japanese TV.

Well....there have been toys based on their appearances in video games...but a MtF line of toys seems remote...

IMO...a MtF VF-1J or D would have been perfect candidates for a webshop or magazine exclusive....oh well...