Tenjin - Valkyries 2nd Sortie

Graham

my apologies guys, I dun done screwed up. The signing in Akiba is in fact NEXT weekend (27) not today. Unfortunately when I rang Yodobashi Camera last Thursday, they said it was today. Am NOT impressed with their staff at the moment.

A big sorry to Vanpang who was hoping to go today.

Theres a display of some of Tenjin's works over at Shinjuku Marui 1 for anyone in the Tokyo area. The display will run until March 15. Here are some photos that Tenjin posted on Facebook:

post-9325-129835452381_thumb.jpg

post-9325-12983545198_thumb.jpg

I will add that he will be signing books there on the 6th of March, too (and in Akihabara on the 27th of Feb). ^_^

my apologies guys, I dun done screwed up. The signing in Akiba is in fact NEXT weekend (27) not today. Unfortunately when I rang Yodobashi Camera last Thursday, they said it was today. Am NOT impressed with their staff at the moment.

A big sorry to Vanpang who was hoping to go today.

No worries dude and thanks for your help, I would get the book later from my local Kinokuniya bookstore later :)

Got mine today and I've gotta say - while its been a few years since I've looked at the first one, I believe that Second Sortie blows it out of the water. Am very impressed with it.

Also - the Chie Kajiura/Tomo Sakurai soundforce valk illustration that Tenjin drew for the W-Mylene concert earlier this month is included too!

I've don't recall hearing about that--is there a pic anywhere out there of it?

What, you mean you didnt read my review of the event where it was shown? I'm hurt, Mr. Hingtgen! lol

Actually no, the only place you will find the pic is in the book - that was sort of the point: there was a Mylene Valk pic shown at the start of the concert and a new Mikimoto-drawn Mylene pic at the end. Kindofa treat for those who came to celebrate Mylene's birthday as it were. I had no idea the valk pic would get printed elsewhere but am very happy it did! Kinda simple but hey, it has Chie Kajiura and Tomo Sakurai's names on it! :-)

My book came in yesterday, seriously blown away. I just got back from Shinjuku Marui One where Tenjin has a exhibit corner promoting the book. While I was there talking to Tenjin, Mikimoto just happen to stop by.

My book came in yesterday, seriously blown away. I just got back from Shinjuku Marui One where Tenjin has a exhibit corner promoting the book. While I was there talking to Tenjin, Mikimoto just happen to stop by.

wow you lucky fella, you met not 1 Legendary artist but 2 living Legends !

Got the book today, there's some great stuff in here! ^_^

I especially like the Macross Frontier "making of" section, where you can see where he added all the detail onto the original CG models, etc. It's done in the same format as the Macross Zero section of the previous book, which was also my most fascinating part of that book.

Also, there's a write-up on a dialogue between Tenjin and legendary illustrator Yoshiyuki Takatani, which I haven't sat down to read yet, but it's bound to be really intriguing.

I love these books, they make great coffee-table material and show how truly impressive some of the creators working in Japan can be, without the reader requiring any knowledge of cartoons.

Got the book today, there's some great stuff in here! ^_^

I especially like the Macross Frontier "making of" section, where you can see where he added all the detail onto the original CG models, etc. It's done in the same format as the Macross Zero section of the previous book, which was also my most fascinating part of that book.

Agreed. It's quite interesting seeing the individual contributions of the artists and how they make their art; alas that part from the 1st book isn't in the 2nd.

Anyhow, Pg 056: Variable Fighter Genealogy (the one from Macross Chronicle #50):

The number below the cockpit on the VF-1S has been changed from "011" to "001".

I ordered both books a while back and they should be arriving at my doorsteps tomorrow! I'm very excited to look at both. On a side note, anyone know of a good way to scan these images w/o ruining the book binding or what have ya? I ask cause I'd like to add these images on to my computer to use as desktop backgrounds. Cheers!

Anyhow, Pg 056: Variable Fighter Genealogy (the one from Macross Chronicle #50):

The number below the cockpit on the VF-1S has been changed from "011" to "001".

Oh we know. Actually Graham got name dropped by Tenjin at a talkshow yesterday regarding this ;-)

Not the first time an MW member has been linked to this book, but by far the funniest.