Holy crap... Do want. Even being a flywheel blaster. Though I've never cared much for the whole "always on" functionality of flywheels. I saw someone make a mod to activate it with trigger pull, but it takes a couple seconds to bring the wheels up to speed.

That was SG Nerf, admin of Nerfsg forums. Actually if you overdrive the motor a bit with a lithium ion battery like 2x14500 and a spacer then there is hardly any lag. The 14500 is a rechargeable lithium ion battery that puts out 3.7 volts. hot off the charger it puts out 4.2v. Running two of these you get 8.4-7.4v more than enough for the motor to spin faster. I believe the higher rate of voltage gets the motors spinning faster and sooner. However I dont think it is a good idea to keep running them on for a long time. short burst.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my nephews got the single shot vortex pistol for Christmas the other day and I have to say, it had a lot of oomph to it. I don't know if it's because the ammo might be heavier, but it felt like it hit significantly harder than the darts.

Vortex discs are no heavier than regular Nerf darts, but because they're hard plastic discs wrapped in solid foam rings and the manual blasters use a spring catapult mechanism, they do sting when you get hit.

Behold - the clusterfrakk of Nerf blasters: the N-Strike Unity Power System.

Hmm. I wonder. With a bit of mod, a bit of rubber hose work, maybe you can turn the rocket launcher into a MIRV.. Of course accuracy is down the drain, but as a single-shot, saturation attack, it might be worth it.

I have a whole slew of Nerf weapons I no longer use and am looking to possibly get rid of. Any of you guys maybe interested in taking them off my hands? I have the gatling gun, the little folding one with the flashlight, the blue longshot, and a sub machine style one I forget the name of. They're all in a box from when I moved but I can crack it open and get the names of the vague ones.

Just curious. ^^

I picked up a Nerf Rayven the other day.

381126_10150587869420337_681270336_10671721_2075328908_n.jpg

407520_10150587869800337_681270336_10671724_2021632285_n.jpg

I integrated the Nerf Jolt so that it acts like a vertical grip, like a P90 and as a backup shot.

401632_10150587869980337_681270336_10671725_1756544678_n.jpg

And this is my latest modifications. Magpul rails to add tacticool stuff. NV scope, IR light and a laser.

384860_10150590126160337_681270336_10682599_1917041979_n.jpg

Oh here is video of my Rayven. Bullpups are awesome. So compact.

Edited by Solscud007

Damn, that Rayven looks nice, but was disappointed to find out it was an electric flywheel gun :( If it was a manual cocking springer, I would have bought it for sure. Graham

Like this?

I see no problem with this. I haven't seen any Rayvens in my area, time to look again!

Go to Target and punch this into the Price Checker in the aisle. 087-11-0079

Edited by Solscud007

• 3 weeks later...

This August, Hasbro will relaunch the Lazer Tag line with new blasters that use iPhones for HUD and online scoring.

Hasbro Reinvents Lazer Tag for the Smartphone Generation

"As you play, new attacks and gear will be unlocked for you to enhance your gaming experience."

Seriously? They added a levelling mechanic to freaking Lazer Tag?

Does this sound even remotely like a bad idea to anyone else? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the point was always that the best player won and everyone had a good time, not that everyone was grinding to get better weapons and armor so they could take their friends on.