Here's some photos of my NERF gun collection, minus my Barricade, which I completely forgot about (guess that shows how I feel about the Barricade):)

The 35rd drum, yellow Raider stock (on my Alpha Trooper)and 18rd straight mag and 2nd 18rd drum were purchased from ebay.

My favorite is the Alpha Trooper.

Graham

post-11-0-00443400-1311509699_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-81848400-1311509713_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-02575000-1311509726_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah, if you can find it, I recommend the Nerf Pinpoint sight. It is a reflex red dot by Nerf. a little hard to find now though.

I've been looking for it for weeks now, believe me, but I can't find it anywhere, not even on ebay.

Graham

I got the SDCC optimus prime thanks to a friend of mine. It loiks great with my hybrid yellow stock tube and blue raider stock. Normally the raider stick has a light gray stock. The barricade yellow stock has a dark gunmetal tube which matches the prime barricade.

20110728082044edit0.jpg

Holy balls that thing gets some distance.

Distance yes, but good grief the dispersion is huge. Could be they were bouncing off the far wall and going all over, but the fact that I could see their paths curving sideways during flight has me pretty doubtful.

Distance yes, but good grief the dispersion is huge. Could be they were bouncing off the far wall and going all over, but the fact that I could see their paths curving sideways during flight has me pretty doubtful.

No, they're bouncing. I bought one of these guns for my kid. The rounds are a harder foam than in the darts and there's a plastic center for rigidity. There's not much drift but they do bounce off of things really well and tend to roll when they hit the ground.

No, they're bouncing. I bought one of these guns for my kid. The rounds are a harder foam than in the darts and there's a plastic center for rigidity. There's not much drift but they do bounce off of things really well and tend to roll when they hit the ground.

Good grief on the composite ammo. Are they spinning the discs in the gun prior to shooting them off? The moaning doesn't sound usual for a electric-assisted plunger system.

Well, my kid and I were having so much fun with his vortex gun that I picked up an alpha trooper as well.

I can confidently say that in terms of performance, the stock the vortex fires a lot farther and a lot more accurately than the darts.

I got myself a barricade 2 weeks ago. Having lotsa fun with it. Only complaint is 10 darts is not anywhere near enough. Fire 10 shots fun, then the boring stuff....picking them up and reloading. :(

They could easily let it use the quick load system but they had to use a revolver barrel. zzz.

PS: saw some mods on youtube.....definately not for the faint hearted. >.<

I don't remember if I linked it before, but it's definitely a simple mod to replace the cylinder with a clip on a Barricade. I'll have to look for it again later. Just involves cutting away a little of the casing, and mounting something to hold the clip in place. The mechanism will launch darts just fine out of the clip as well, since it's just pushing them forward toward the wheels. Might need to use other darts though, I don't know if the stock ones will work in a clip.

I saw some on youtube. Involves cutting, hot gluing etc. Scary. >.<

That said this gun would've been awesome if they let it load with the clips. I wanna put the raider clip in there.

Actually it is very easy to clip the barricade.

dsc0543w.jpg

The hardest part is merely getting the pusher bar, tuned just right to push the darts. the problem is that the bar needs to be long enough to push the clip system darts into the fly wheels. But not too long that it drags and gets caught on the tail end of the next dart as the dart pusher retracts.

I used a spare Raider mag well. You need to remove some of the safety linkage in the mag well but It is a nice self contained unit. Then i just attached it with 6 zipties. That is it.

Have any of you purchased the Orange Mod Works upgrades for their Nerf guns?

EDIT: I just ordered this for my Recon. :)

thinking about getting the kit for my alpha trooper but since my kid has re-appropriated my gun and stuck me with his vortex vigilon, I'm not so sure I want him to have such a huge arms advantage...

How did you get the vortex already? they are not out til sept.

I have the Alpha Trooper kit. It has QC issues. The pieces are not made from CNC but laser/stamp cutting which warps the pieces a little bit and causes tolerance issues. Mine had the bolt catch snag on the inside of the shell. So I had to file it down a bit to smooth out the action. Also I cannot rely 100% on the bolt catch working. Sometimes it does not engage and hold the bolt back.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's a Vulcan with a Lower ROF and a big spinning faux barrel assembly around the actual barrel so it will eat through batteries even faster? sweet.

and that dude is still creepy as hell.

I have a Maverick, I know Yawn!! I have done all the usual mods to it to improve it and was thinking that next I would be doing a paint mod, Nice to see that there are people actually making Aluminium replacement parts kits. I did find a page where a guy was making his own Nerf from scratch, but I lost it :(

What we need is Macross Nerf Mod.

Deploy CS6 isnt that bad. gets better range than a maverick. It is just a collapsible raider. It makes for a great P90 mod.

Last year, my brother almost bought that, but when the sales guy demoed it out of the box, the cocking mechanism jammed even without the magazine inserted. It's not even useful as a flashlight. In the end, my brother got the Alpha Trooper instead.

And the only way you can make the Facepalm CS-6 is to spend extra time and money on modding it.

Alpha Trooper has the best of all features. It is an improved recon. The slide/pistol style cocking action is gimmicky. the shotgun pump style of the alpha trooper is clearly an advantage. I like the alphatrooper for that reason. However You cant integrate as easily as the Recon.

However im working on getting a Photon Storm and that will eliminate the need for the recon in terms of style.

• 2 weeks later...

My Orange mod works kits came in today. Very nice looking kit. The dart seals a little too well. That it creates a vacuum as I slide the bolt sled forward. The vacuum is so strong that it wont allow the slide/bolt sled to stay forward. I have to hold it forward. I pre-ordered and got a metal trigger too.

Any way here here are some pics.

dsc0196rj.jpg

dsc0188xe.jpg

dsc0194in.jpg