I use the Raider's 35 dart drum on the Stampede, works great, and gives you a bit of an edge against a vulcan's 25 round belt.

As for the shield, I trimmed the inside opening along the ridge, and now it fits on the vulcan, where it actually makes a bit of sense as a stationary tripod mounted weapon.

The Raider is better and faster than the stampede. It shoots farther and you can be more precise with your shots in terms of timing and aim.

The Raider is better and faster than the stampede. It shoots farther and you can be more precise with your shots in terms of timing and aim.

I'd agree; out of box, without mod, a Raider is better than a Stampede. Lighter IIRC, can be faster. With mods though, a Stampede might get a bit more mileage, depending on nature of mod.

EDIT: Would like to ask though, can a Stampede take a 35rd Drum and still rest on the bipod (i.e., both bipod legs and the stock)? Working on something and would like to increase the ammo load beyond 18.

Edited by Lynx7725

I'd agree; out of box, without mod, a Raider is better than a Stampede. Lighter IIRC, can be faster. With mods though, a Stampede might get a bit more mileage, depending on nature of mod.

EDIT: Would like to ask though, can a Stampede take a 35rd Drum and still rest on the bipod (i.e., both bipod legs and the stock)? Working on something and would like to increase the ammo load beyond 18.

I cant recall at the top of my head. I know my recon can if I have the light inbetween the bipod and rail.

If you quantify better on stats, sure. Range and rate of fire are better on the Raider. However, the Stampede lets my daughter blast away darts like it is going out of style. She has more fun with the Stampede than the Raider, or any other blaster I own. Better is subjective ;)

Here's a useful mod to make the Facepalm CS-6 less crappy. But then again, the best advice is to get a better blaster.

Ugh, these guys think they are the best thing since sliced bread. AR removal is so basic its like saying, Hey kids if you take it out of the box it works better!!!!

Now I've found a reason to pick up a Vulcan EBF-25.

To be honest? That's not a good way to do it.

I modded my Stampede to run off batteries. I started with 9V, with expanded capacity, so it runs ok. I upped to 12V, and the structure can't take it -- the plastic started creaking heavily under sustained fire. I'm not kidding -- creaking. And you get the metallic reek of things running hot.

These guys must have ran this at 18~19V to get that kind of ROF. They run a risk of overheating and toasting the gun -- which they did. A burnt out motor isn't a big deal, but a fire eating into plastics is. Not to mention I doubt the mostly parts are rated at that kind of RPM. Broken plastic flinging around at high speeds is not healthy.

Hasbro designed and built these things with a specific tolerance in them. I mod things because I want to improve the performance, but I'm not quite willing to take risks to life and property to achieve them.

Practically, and safely, the max I think an electric Nerf should run to is max 15V, and even then only in short bursts. 12V is about the highest I want to take my Stampede and even then I'm hesitant. If you mod an electric along with AR removal and spring replacement, remember that the forces involved are repeated at a higher rate at a higher-than-design forces -- so don't be too surprise if things disintegrate when you least expect it.

heads up!

The Stampede seems to be on-sale this week.

Target has it locally (not online) at $39.99

while Amazon has it at $35.58 with free shipping.

not sure how much it is from TRU and wally's, tho.

btw, can the Raider have the drum-mag (or any compatible mag for it) installed on the right-side instead of the default left-side? without any modding, of course.

Edited by treatment

heads up!

not sure how much it is from TRU and wally's, tho.

btw, can the Raider have the drum-mag (or any compatible mag for it) installed on the right-side instead of the default left-side? without any modding, of course.

No you cant swap the raider to have the mag on the right.

The best option is to get an alphatrooper. Then the mag is loaded from underneath. only problem is that the drum has a left bias since the drum is not centered in relation to the magazine.

To be honest? That's not a good way to do it.

I modded my Stampede to run off batteries. I started with 9V, with expanded capacity, so it runs ok. I upped to 12V, and the structure can't take it -- the plastic started creaking heavily under sustained fire. I'm not kidding -- creaking. And you get the metallic reek of things running hot.

These guys must have ran this at 18~19V to get that kind of ROF. They run a risk of overheating and toasting the gun -- which they did. A burnt out motor isn't a big deal, but a fire eating into plastics is. Not to mention I doubt the mostly parts are rated at that kind of RPM. Broken plastic flinging around at high speeds is not healthy.

Hasbro designed and built these things with a specific tolerance in them. I mod things because I want to improve the performance, but I'm not quite willing to take risks to life and property to achieve them.

Practically, and safely, the max I think an electric Nerf should run to is max 15V, and even then only in short bursts. 12V is about the highest I want to take my Stampede and even then I'm hesitant. If you mod an electric along with AR removal and spring replacement, remember that the forces involved are repeated at a higher rate at a higher-than-design forces -- so don't be too surprise if things disintegrate when you least expect it.

There was a disclaimer ya know. Lol

heads up!

Talk about a blowout. Hasbro must be so happy about the Stampede winning a Toy of the Year award. If only they did the same overseas (as it's US$90 in the Philippines and US$100 in Singapore).

There was a disclaimer ya know. Lol

I know. But enthusiasm has a way of overriding common sense.. I prefer people enjoy the game/ blasters rather than nurse burns, is all.

Need to get back to modding. Got to lay in electrical supplies -- damn hard to find connectors here --, learn soldering, and then rewire my mod properly. Thinking of picking up some 18rd drums, maybe even a 35rd from ebay -- anyone got a better source?

I NEVER KNEW WHAT THEY WERE CALLED. I HAD THOSE WHEN I WAS A KID!

You rock so hard A7. SO hard.

Yeah, Entertech was way ahead of its time. Sadly, they died off due to stricter toy gun laws (especially since there were several incidents of bank robbers using them).

Our collection of Nerf guns :)

We had a big battle at the house over the weekend after my son's birthday party; five kids and three grown men running around like idiots. One team held the kitchen and the other team held the bedrooms. These have to be the funnest toys ever made :)

nerf.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

Our collection of Nerf guns :)

We had a big battle at the house over the weekend after my son's birthday party; five kids and three grown men running around like idiots. One team held the kitchen and the other team held the bedrooms. These have to be the funnest toys ever made :)

*snip*

Cool arsenal you got there. What do you think of the Barricade so far?

Cool arsenal you got there. What do you think of the Barricade so far?

It's pretty weak. Compared to the other guns, its less accurate and has less distance. You just don't get that "sting" like you get from the other guns :D (You also don't get a whistle from the whistler darts) I'd like to mod the spinners on it to either grip the darts better or to spin faster.

I originally bought it for my 3 year old, but he ends up using the one of Recons. Surprisingly, he can load, fire, reaload, and switch the ammo clips on the Recon. He has to fire it over the shoulder, RPG style, because he's so small :D

It's pretty weak. Compared to the other guns, its less accurate and has less distance. You just don't get that "sting" like you get from the other guns :D (You also don't get a whistle from the whistler darts) I'd like to mod the spinners on it to either grip the darts better or to spin faster.

I originally bought it for my 3 year old, but he ends up using one of the Recons. Surprisingly, he can load, fire, reload, and switch the ammo clips on the Recon. He has to fire it over the shoulder, RPG style, because he's so small :D

Wow, that's weird. Did you use new batteries? I did a comparison between my Barricade and my half-brother's Maverick last Christmas, and the Barricade was more accurate and fired at a greater distance. It even trounced my Recon (which I returned to my brother after being fed up with it shredding darts).

Wow, that's weird. Did you use new batteries? I did a comparison between my Barricade and my half-brother's Maverick last Christmas, and the Barricade was more accurate and fired at a greater distance. It even trounced my Recon (which I returned to my brother after being fed up with it shredding darts).

Possibly the batteries weren't new when I loaded them. I'll change them out and see what happens :)

Possibly the batteries weren't new when I loaded them. I'll change them out and see what happens :)

Duracells work perfectly. Right now, I'm using rechargeable Ni-MH 1.2V AAs on mine. The voltage output is considerably lower, but I didn't notice any decrease in performance.

Here's one of the newest Super Soaker blasters. It takes 20 pumps to fire one full burst of water with it.

Meh its nothing compared to my backpack equipped CPS 3200

http://images.sscentral.org/gallery/stock/cps3200_00.jpg

However the new Nerf Super Soakers are pretty awesome. They can be modified to shoot nerf darts. The modifications are a bit advanced but nothing terrible.

Here is my Tornado Blast. It is a Tornado Strike with Shotblast internals. The shotblast is last years SS but target has an exclusive reissue in this years SS color.

dsc0489uo.jpg

Here are the internals. For those not familiar, this is a RSCB clip (RSCB is an acronym for the guys who created it). Darts are loaded in the rear tube all inline. You tilt it down and the darts slide freely to the "T" section. The other end is a tube of smaller diammeter, it must be a tight fit for darts. The bottom of the T has an elbow that you can hook up to powerful spring guns or air powered pump guns. In this case the Shotblast tank. Air is forced up into the T and takes the path of least resistance. Which is to fill up the tube with the darts, after finding no more room it will push out one dart out the barrel. Tilt to reload, prime the gun and shoot. each dart after the other will decrease in range or you pump the gun with more pumps to build pressure to compensate for the extra dead space.

dsc0491.jpg

I added a Nerf mag inside the SS mag. I oriented it upside down so I can pull the darts out and refill the internal magazine.

dsc0494.jpg

Edited by Solscud007