nerflogo.jpg
Nerf.com

Since some of us MWers are collectors, here's a thread dedicated to Nerf blasters. Currently, I have in my arsenal:

Here are some pics of two of my blasters.

nerf01.jpg

nerf02.jpg

nerf03.jpg

nerf04.jpg

nerf05.jpg

nerf06.jpg

Edited by areaseven

I gifted my youngest nephews with the Recon cs-6, the Longstrike, and the Stampede ecs last x'mas. They already had my old Vulcan-25 from a few years ago.

The Recon was nice. I like the Longstrike better, but I wished it came with a bipod like the older Longshot. We just used the Stampede's bipod for it.

The Stampede has nice extras and stuff, but quite a letdown coz there's no manual-mode at all. Prepare to stock up on six-D batts to use it.

Awesome thread.

I recently picked up a Recon which will probably be my secondary gun. It's a v3.0 model which I plan on doing a couple of easy mods (AR removal and spring swap) to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150548958518&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123

I'm leaning towards a Stampede or Vulcan for my primary...whichever I find cheaper first. :lol:

I gifted my youngest nephews with the Recon cs-6, the Longstrike, and the Stampede ecs last x'mas. They already had my old Vulcan-25 from a few years ago.

The Recon was nice. I like the Longstrike better, but I wished it came with a bipod like the older Longshot. We just used the Stampede's bipod for it.

The Stampede has nice extras and stuff, but quite a letdown coz there's no manual-mode at all. Prepare to stock up on six-D batts to use it.

Most Nerf owners prefer the Longshot, as it has more features and is apparently more accurate than the Longstrike. Too bad it's hard to come by these days. And a lot of people have said the Longstrike shoots further without the barrel attachment on.

I like the Recon, but whoever designed it should have thought of the cocking slide before placing the tactical rail on it. As a result, the only proper placement of a tactical sight or scope is way out front on the barrel attachment.

As for the Stampede, I wouldn't worry about stocking up on batteries. I like how the bipod can mount on the side tactical rail. With some repainting, the Stampede would be a perfect beam rifle for Gundam cosplay. :lol:

I'm leaning towards a Stampede or Vulcan for my primary...whichever I find cheaper first. :lol:

Vulcan is cheaper in most places (here in Manila, it's roughly US$20 less than the Stampede), but while it looks menacing, it's hindered by its girth and the need to reload the belt every time. At least with the Stampede, you get four magazines and 60 darts, which gives you only a second or two to reload.

So, what do you all do with these guns? Are there nerf gun matches and such?

pretty much. at least for the kids. get them in the yard or go to a park for it. along with the dogs, if you have 'em.

the vulcan is still freakin' nice even just on display.

14yo and older, i rather suggest to go for the more-expensive airsoft route or, well, paintball route.

Here are a couple of cheap Photoshop posters I made during my free time. :lol:

post-237-129551125839_thumb.jpg post-237-129551126588_thumb.jpg

pretty much. at least for the kids. get them in the yard or go to a park for it. along with the dogs, if you have 'em.

the vulcan is still freakin' nice even just on display.

14yo and older, i rather suggest to go for the more-expensive airsoft route or, well, paintball route.

Even grown-ups do Nerf, especially in the office. B))

To you Vulcan EBF 25 owners: do you guys have jamming and/or breakage problems? I've wanted one for a long time but the Amazon reviews that report of breaking right out of the box make the Vulcan sound like the biggest lemon since...the original VF-11 from Yamato. Also, if any of you Stampede owners have issues of any sort I'd like to know.

To the kids on the package posing with the guns: Why so serious?! Lol...

Edited by myk

To you Vulcan EBF 25 owners: do you guys have jamming and/or breakage problems? I've wanted one for a long time but the Amazon reviews that report of breaking right out of the box make the Vulcan sound like the biggest lemon since...the original VF-11 from Yamato. Also, if any of you Stampede owners have issues of any sort I'd like to know.

To the kids on the package posing with the guns: Why so serious?! Lol...

I haven't had any jamming-issues or breakage with my old vulcan. I bought it when it first came out and it's still being used extensively by my nephews to this day.

However, my 5yo nephew was not successful when he tried to use a different type of dart with the mag-belt, i.e. seemed like glow-darts just don't quite fire-out of the vulcan or even from the belt itself. :lol:

fwiw, I bought it locally from wally's. i'm not so sure about the quality/reliability if you buy it online from amazon or hasbro-direct. it'll be quite a pita if you get a broken one via online.

Edited by treatment

I haven't had any jamming-issues or breakage with my old vulcan. I bought it when it first came out and it's still being used extensively by my nephews to this day.

However, my 5yo nephew was not successful when he tried to use a different type of dart with the mag-belt, i.e. seemed like glow-darts just don't quite fire-out of the vulcan or even from the belt itself. :lol:

fwiw, I bought it locally from wally's. i'm not so sure about the quality/reliability if you buy it online from amazon or hasbro-direct. it'll be quite a pita if you get a broken one via online.

Alright I appreciate the input. I read online that there is a "specific method" for loading and feeding the Vulcan, and the slightest deviation from that procecure jams/breaks the gun. I don't recall if it was a NERF amendment to their instructions or if it was from more savy users of the gun itself. Also, considering its bad reputation I wouldn't buy it except in-person...

Alright I appreciate the input. I read online that there is a "specific method" for loading and feeding the Vulcan, and the slightest deviation from that procecure jams/breaks the gun. I don't recall if it was a NERF amendment to their instructions or if it was from more savy users of the gun itself. Also, considering its bad reputation I wouldn't buy it except in-person...

Here's an unofficial video on how to load the Vulcan. Hope this helps.

And despite its shortcomings, I'd pick the Vulcan over the POS Deploy CS-6. My brother almost bought one, but upon demoing it at the store, it just jammed without any darts loaded. Also, the transforming flashlight gimmick is pretty useless. He went with the Alpha Trooper CS-18 instead.

Edited by areaseven

It's also a damn heavy gun, so I'm not sure how much shipping will cost or any possible shipping-damage can be avoided.

I'm not really that aware of any "specific method" or instruction-procedure with the vulcan. Maybe they'd added in some new instructional stuff to alleviate a bunch of early user-induced feed-errors that most likely will produce a jam. I reckon it'll be easy to figure out how to un-jam coz the vulcan itself is pretty simple.

The only thing I can possibly suggest to you is to prolly disregard the ammo-box coz it was really quite obtrusive and adds alot of unnecessary reload-time if you have multiple belts, as it can only fit the default 1-belt.

I've got a Vulcan and it jams quite often with or without modded belts.

Modded belt being two belts I connected together to form a longer chain. It's not a spacing issue with the belt, it just seems that gravity is stronger than the feeding mechanism regardless of the belt.

I currently own:

DEPLOY CS-6

LONGSHOT CS-6

VULCAN EBF-25

LONGSTRIKE CS-6 This one is currently being modded and painted for me.

I also have 4 MAVERICK. 3 of them are the newer yellow ones, and the 4th is a first release with the stronger spring.

Does anyone have the Stampede? Is it any good? I saw them at Target but after getting the Vulcan was kind of weary.

Right now one of the local Wal-Marts has/had 36 packs of the streamline darts for $3 a pack on clearance.

Kinda strange this thread should pop up here, I was having a conversation with a buddy from work about Nerf guns not 4 hours ago. Lol

Edited by Chewie

I personally believe that "it's Nerf or nothin'", especially since Buzz Bee Toys Air Blasters are hideously fugly and look like they'll fall apart off the shelf. But has anyone tested these Toys "R" Us-branded blasters?

Air Zone Power Strike 48 - It uses the dual flywheel mechanism as the Barricade, but at the size of the Stampede with a maximum of 48 darts. Take note that it is not fully-automatic, as you still have to pump the handle to move the darts into the flywheels.

Air Zone Punisher Gatling - Supposedly TRU's answer to the Vulcan, but with a capacity of five more darts and a firing distance of five feet longer. No available tripod, though.

Edited by areaseven

FWIW, I have a Stampede, a Long Strike, a Alpha Trooper, a Recon, and that "disguised as a torch" one that I'm stripping for parts...

I don't game with them much. More into odd mods. Gotten a sentry gun mod to work with the Stampede (and will work with a Vulcan), modding the Long Strike with barrel replacement.. that kind of minor stuff.

Prefer to use Alpha Trooper as a primary, and Stampede as a backup. Long Strike's performance isn't good, and Recon's more for looks. Oh, have a Maverick too, that's been modded slightly to pop the cylinder out more.

EDIT: To answer an earlier question -- Stampede is ok. It's cycle is a bit slow at the default voltages so it's a bit inaccurate on first round, but the rate of fire is decent and it can lay down fire well. The 18-straight clips are good for a lot of guns, Recon and Alpha for example, but itself it can be better with the Alpha's 18-drum or even the 35-drum.

However, it seems the Vulcan is more popular than the Stampede here. I don't know why. Personally, I've tried Stampede on 12V, and the ROF is much more impressive.

Edited by Lynx7725

However, it seems the Vulcan is more popular than the Stampede here. I don't know why. Personally, I've tried Stampede on 12V, and the ROF is much more impressive.

As I'd posted earlier, the only thing I don't like with the Stampede was it's surprising lack of non-battery mode. Really don't know why Hasbro decided to gimped it that way since the Vulcan it is supposed to be supplanting has a non-battery mode.

The Vulcan for me just have that immediate cool/fun-factor, whether tripod-mounted or sling-mounted. It just have a quirky presence. I reckon the jamming-issues people get with it just adds a more weird realistic charm to it. :p

Agreed on the battery mode, but I can see the concern -- on the Alpha trooper, I can easily get jams on slamfire mode. On the Stampede, having a manual mode that can interfere with the auto mechanism is just asking for a very expensive paper weight...

Stampede's got a good feel, but it's really mostly a hip gun. I prefer the Alpha myself, I can crank shots out a lot faster than a Stampede can. A few cheap tricks and the Alpha becomes truly annoying -- downrange. :lol:

As for the Vulcan feed issue, I understand one cause is the feed chute is squared off; this makes the belt catch on the edge and pull, causing jams. I understand one fix is simply to put a curved piece of plastic to guide the belts in.

In terms of electrical mods, I can say the Vulcan is easier to do since it's got a roomier and easier to reach battery compartments. For those of you thinking to up the voltage, I would suggest you don't go above 12V or 15V -- higher and you are compromising on safety. 12V on the Stampede requires quite a bit of charge to cycle the action, but it's quite a satisfying sound when it gets it right.

I got two kids my daughter who is 4 and my son 19 months and they love nerfing around the house with me

here is the arsenal we have

2 NERF N-STRIKE CLEAR MAVERICK REV-6

NERF N-STRIKE NITE FINDER EX-3

NERF N-STRIKE RAIDER RAPID FIRE CS-35

NERF N-STRIKE VULCAN EBF-25

NERF N-STRIKE LONGSHOT CS-6

NERF N-STRIKE RECON CS-6 Special Edition

I am thinking of picking up the

NERF N-STRIKE BARRICADE RV-10

seems better than the maverick

My son loves these things runnng around of course he needs me to engage the nite finder but he's just laughing having a good time around the house.

Here's a demo of the Stampede ECS.

ok that looks too cool must get. The vulcan I have gets stuck a lot and the eats the batteries very quickly

The Barricade is the best weapon for dual-wielding due to its semi-automatic action. However, it's the worst weapon for stealth missions, as it's as stealthy as a vacuum cleaner. Here's the official overview video, which unfortunately has the motor muted out.

Just how loud is it? Here's a demo video of it.

Edited by areaseven

Since some of us MWers are collectors, here's a thread dedicated to Nerf blasters. Currently, I have in my arsenal:

I'm looking to expand my collection with the Stampede ECS later this year. In the meantime, here are some pics of two of my blasters.

nerf01.jpg

nerf02.jpg

nerf03.jpg

nerf04.jpg

nerf05.jpg

nerf06.jpg

Damn boy, you are packing some heat there.

Foam heat, but heat nonetheless!

Obviously, someone here doesn't know what not to do when replying to a post. :rolleyes:

I don't see how it's any worse than putting embedded videos in every other post you make. ;)

Edited by anime52k8

The Barricade is the best weapon for dual-wielding due to its semi-automatic action. However, it's the worst weapon for stealth missions, as it's as stealthy as a vacuum cleaner. Here's the official overview video, which unfortunately has the motor muted out.

ok sold for 18 bucks its a steal!

Edited by Snail00

I've got the Recon (picked it up from a salvage store for $1 - all parts included!)

Vulcan

Longshot

Maverik

Breakbarrel

Raider

The Breakbarrel is my favorite.

I removed the air restrictors from most of the guns, and their power has increased at least 50-100%.

I've got the Recon (picked it up from a salvage store for $1 - all parts included!)

Vulcan

Longshot

Maverik

Breakbarrel

Raider

The Breakbarrel is my favorite.

I removed the air restrictors from most of the guns, and their power has increased at least 50-100%.

care to share how you did that

Edit: I just realized the following may seem like an advertisement; please know that I don't mean it to be. I don't own Nerfhaven or somehow earn money if you visit it.

care to share how you did that

If you don't mind, I'll answer that question in the best way I know how.

I've been an avid nerfer (both modifying my blasters and actually going out and playing with others of like mind) since 2007.

If you want to modify (or make your own) Nerf blasters, or find some people to play with, I'd say the best resource is Nerfhaven.

If you don't feel like searching around, here is a link to a list for modifications to just about every blaster in existence. And here is where most of the biggest Nerf wars are planned.

Unfortunately, most of the blasters mentioned in this thread (the entire N-Strike line, really, except maybe the Nitefinder and Longshot) are, unfortunately, extremely underpowered compared to what's used at most Nerf wars these days. (Well, maybe not really most...but, certainly, nearly all of the ones planned on Nerfhaven)

And, speaking of collecting...here's the greatest Nerf (etc) collection I've ever seen.

Edited by jwasko