This September 9, Hasbro tells modders to stick it with reworked blasters that fire up to 75 feet. Among the blasters are the Rampage (a Raider with a 25-dart drum and a blast shield, minus the stock) and the Retaliator (a Recon with a larger magazine clip, a foregrip and a sturdier stock). N-Strike Elite

A bit out dated. A reworked Recon is not very useful now, especially with the Alpha Trooper out -- the Alpha, even unmodded, is way too useful that a single-shot Recon can't compete.

A upgraded Rampage might be interesting, though would have prefer the stock -- blast shields are usually pointless IMO. A stock gives a lot more stability that a long range gun needs.

There is a guy on kickstarter who came up with an idea to make something similar as the laser tag but it is modular. You can mount it to a nerf gun and play with darts. Best part is that it says it can track other players.

Edited by Solscud007

• 1 month later...

Finally broke down and bought one of them new-fangled Vortex disc guns.

Bought the Vigilon pistol. Really impressed by the range and accuracy. Now thinking of getting the Praxis or Lumitron.

Had a couple of battles against my son. He used the Vigilon and I used my Alpha Trooper. He hammered me everytime.

Graham

Here are pics of the upcoming N-Strike Elite lineup, which consists of three re-releases and one hack-job:

post-237-0-73364200-1334053799.jpg

Barricade - Same as the regular Barricade RV-10, but with a stock that holds 10 extra darts.

post-237-0-23713700-1334053975.jpg

Hailfire - A hacked-up Barricade with a carousel that holds and rotates eight 6-dart clips.

post-237-0-08361200-1334053986.jpg

Rampage - Raider with a 25-dart drum, non-retractable stock and tactical rail blast shield.

post-237-0-94550900-1334054062.jpg

Retaliator - Recon with a 12-dart clip, new stock (same as Rampage) and tactical rail foregrip.

Hailfire's more problems than solution. That many moving parts and bulkiness.. Would be interesting to see if it can fit either the new 12 medium, 18 long or 18 drums, even if alternating with flat clips. Can't static mount it, but sling mount and it might work out. The basic Barricade is a flywheel gun, right? So upping the voltage will give a better performance.

Is that 25 drum a new one? I recall the old drum was 35 or so? That stock looks promising, not the gun -- same with the 12 medium clip and foregrip. Might get the Hailfire but really, that's just a monstrosity that's not likely to see use.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 2 vortex guns, the praxis and lumitron (glow in the dark Praxis without the stock)

They are pretty fast and accurate, I have targets setup all over the apartment. Walmart has the 40 pack refill for cheap

• 1 month later...

Can't remember their names, but my son just got two more of the Vortex blasters for his birthday as presents from his classmates. The pump action rifle with the 10rd magazines and the single disc pistol. We already had the 5-shot pistol (actually it's 6 shot if you chamber a disc and then load one more), so now we have 3 vortex guns :)

Graham

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new pics of my most recent blasters:

The Avengers Hawkeye Bow - I've never owned a Big Bad Bow before, but now I know why it's sought after by many collectors. The firing distances are mad. Too bad spare ammo is not available where I'm at, and this blaster completely sold out on the first week of The Avengers' theatrical release.

nerf49.jpg

nerf50.jpg

N-Strike Elite Stockade - Less than two years ago, I picked up the Barricade RV-10 as my first Nerf blaster. Since then, I gave away my two Barricades to upgrade to this. Remarkably, it does fire at longer distances than the old Barricade, and the additional stock makes it look totally boss. Unfortunately, non-American countries have all of their N-Strike Elite blasters deprived of firing power, as they go up to 15 meters maximum instead of the 75 feet of the U.S. versions. Still, the Stockade is a very impressive blaster. I'm looking to pick up the Rampage before Christmas.

nerf51.jpg

nerf52.jpg

nerf53.jpg

nerf54.jpg

nerf55.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of the upcoming N-Strike Elite and Vortex blasters:

post-237-0-72194100-1353908168_thumb.jpg

Firestrike - A remake of the N-Strike Nite Finder.

post-237-0-23971200-1353908191_thumb.jpg

Roughcut 2x4 - The successor to the N-Strike Barrel Break IX-2 features a pump-action mechanism that fires two darts simultaneously and holds up to eight darts.

post-237-0-78948200-1353908218_thumb.jpg

Strongarm - A redesign of the N-Strike Maverick REV-6

post-237-0-23467200-1353908242_thumb.jpg

Stryfe - A Clip System version of the N-Strike Barricade RV-10/Elite Stockade.

post-237-0-87049700-1353908273_thumb.jpg

Vortex Diatron - A new Vortex pistol that fires two discs simultaneously.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some new additions to my collection:

N-Strike Elite Pinpoint Sight - I actually got this as a freebie when I picked up my Stockade at Toys "R" Us last year. It looks great on my Stockade and Stryfe.

nerf56_zpsaff8b6da.jpg

nerf57_zps8522fff7.jpg

nerf58_zps5928b7cf.jpg

N-Strike Elite Rampage - My old man got me this "Special Value Pack" edition for Christmas. It comes with extra darts and an 18-dart clip. My half-brother also got me an Elite Bandolier Kit as well. I'll do a comparison with my old Raider CS-35 soon.

nerf59_zps7ec358d3.jpg

nerf62_zps4a40d288.jpg

N-Strike Elite Stryfe - This is my new favorite Nerf pistol, as it's easier to wield than the Barricade/Stockade while still using the dual flywheel system. And it looks badass in any combination.

nerf63_zpsfadcf25c.jpg

nerf64_zpse8adc706.jpg

nerf65_zps85d27ed9.jpg

nerf66_zpsfc98eb31.jpg

nerf67_zps98d2e1ae.jpg

nerf68_zpsba480265.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty awesome, but at the same time, it makes me a little sad the concept design someone had for a gatling gun never came to fruiition. Basically was a hopper-fed triple barrel design that would load, prime, and release a dart each rotation. Not terribly complex either, but the loading mechanism tended to jam a lot.

Dunno if anyone here cares that much about the actual mechanics behind the darts themselves, but I made an interesting discovery the other day.

Was mixing and matching darts, and noticed that the original clip-style darts won't work in my Strongarm. They've got too much of the tip stub sunk into the foam.

Comparing accuracy, yeah, the new darts work quite a bit better in even some of the older guns, because they've got the weight concentrated further toward the front. Still tend to spin out of control a lot, but they're better.

Sadly, nothing is actually as accurate as the old style suction-cup tipped ones that the Maverick used, which definitely work fine in the Strongarm as well. I really do miss having suction cups on everything, since you can't do much actual target shooting with the bullet tips.\

There are definitely ways to increase the bullet darts accuracy, but they might make the darts hurt a bit more than they should. Some people make their own out of foam stock, but I've gotten pretty good success just filling the tips of the standard darts with hot glue. Makes them fly incredibly straight compared with how the stock darts spin and twist all over when shot.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 months later...

A new addition to my arsenal:

N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 - Technically, this blaster is not supposed to be in stores until this Fall, but the Philippine distributor of Hasbro products jumped the gun and put it on sale in early June before they realized they screwed up and pulled it off the shelves once word got out on Facebook. Well, I have to say that I'm very impressed by the Rapidstrike's performance, as it can unload an 18-dart clip in 7 seconds. Not as cool as the Stampede ECS, but still a badass Nerf blaster.

nerf72_zps33b07c46.jpg

nerf73_zps4be49385.jpg

nerf74_zps64c8da8e.jpg

nerf75_zps58996ffe.jpg

nerf76_zps6976ad5e.jpg

nerf77_zpsdc908633.jpg

nerf78_zpsae146d09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

A new addition to my arsenal:

N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike CS-18 - Technically, this blaster is not supposed to be in stores until this Fall, but the Philippine distributor of Hasbro products jumped the gun and put it on sale in early June before they realized they screwed up and pulled it off the shelves once word got out on Facebook. Well, I have to say that I'm very impressed by the Rapidstrike's performance, as it can unload an 18-dart clip in 7 seconds. Not as cool as the Stampede ECS, but still a badass Nerf blaster.

nerf78_zpsae146d09.jpgi just stumbled on this thread and saw this pics, A7 i love the bear!!!

A7, love the bear, nice touch!

do these things hurt when shot? i was thinking of getting some for a rec activity but don't want anyone to get killed...